Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The please don't let us draft him thread!!!!!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
b_rent87


Joined: 13 Jan 2008
Posts: 2294
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: The please don't let us draft him thread!!!!!!! Reply with quote

Who is/are players you really hope the Broncos do not draft.

Manti Teo Laughing
_________________


Props to Jamison on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
broncos67


Joined: 28 Dec 2006
Posts: 21662
Location: Conshohocken
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manti Te'o
Johnathan Hankins
Ziggy Ansah
Margus Hunt
Kyle Long
Eric Reid
David Amerson
_________________


Thanks, Tzimisce
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iLikeDefense


Joined: 03 Jan 2010
Posts: 2506
Location: San Diego
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a fan of Minter or Te'o.
_________________

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jonnyj20


Joined: 06 Mar 2007
Posts: 10733
Location: SLC
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ziggy Ansah
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
JerseysFinest27


Joined: 07 Jan 2010
Posts: 8233
Location: New Jersey... Props to inDENguise on the sig
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
Manti Te'o
Johnathan Hankins
Ziggy Ansah
Margus Hunt
Kyle Long
Eric Reid
David Amerson

This is funny... Id take every single one of these guys, in a heartbeat. No offense to Star.


My "popular names" list:
Eddie Lacy (slow)
Any QB (not needed for a while)
DJ Fluker (slow feet)
Sam Montgomery (moron)
Arthur Brown (not a MLB)
Marcus Wheaton (track runner not a football player)
Monte Ball (too much wear on those tires)
Jessie Williams (one-trick pony)
William Gholston (I think its the name)

I have plenty of others in the 4th round grade and on that some of never heard of.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mile High


Joined: 07 Jan 2008
Posts: 3130
Location: FL
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree HUGELY with the Manti Te'o sentiment. I am going to address the main concerns that I have heard:

The Hoax - The hoax isn't football. It doesn't matter to me.

He is too slow - So is Brandon Spikes and Vontaze Burflict and a slew of other top ILB who fell in the draft because people bought into this sentiment

He got dominated by Alabama - Not fair. His DL was pushed back 3 yards in his face every play. No linebacker can play well under those circumstances. Teo also did play absurdy well against a slew of other great teams.
_________________

Jamison. mad props on this amazing Sig!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncos67


Joined: 28 Dec 2006
Posts: 21662
Location: Conshohocken
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
Manti Te'o
Johnathan Hankins
Ziggy Ansah
Margus Hunt
Kyle Long
Eric Reid
David Amerson

This is funny... Id take every single one of these guys, in a heartbeat. No offense to Star.


My "popular names" list:
Eddie Lacy (slow)
Any QB (not needed for a while)
DJ Fluker (slow feet)
Sam Montgomery (moron)
Arthur Brown (not a MLB)
Marcus Wheaton (track runner not a football player)
Monte Ball (too much wear on those tires)
Jessie Williams (one-trick pony)
William Gholston (I think its the name)

I have plenty of others in the 4th round grade and on that some of never heard of.


Curious how Arthur Brown isn't an MLB? He weights exactly the same as Te'o, btw, and size was Brown's knock going into the combine. Brown is absolutely an ILB.
_________________


Thanks, Tzimisce
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BroncoinGermany


Joined: 09 Mar 2012
Posts: 2438
Location: Bad Nauheim
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Short, Hankins, Jenkins, Bell, Eifert, Ertz.

The first four due to questionable drive and/or too huge of a workload during college; the TEs mainly for value reasons. There are a couple of sleeper TEs in the draft and I have changed my opinion on our TEs on the roster in context of adding one more high in the draft. Not worth it.
_________________

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bobdevine


Joined: 24 Jan 2008
Posts: 2205
Location: Wisconsin
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
DJ Fluker (slow feet)


I wonder how many teams are looking at Fluker as an OG.

But it's never good to draft a player in the first round with the hope of converting him to a new position.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AnAngryAmerican


Joined: 23 Apr 2006
Posts: 18512
Location: Loveland, CO
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mile High wrote:
I disagree HUGELY with the Manti Te'o sentiment. I am going to address the main concerns that I have heard:

The Hoax - The hoax isn't football. It doesn't matter to me.

He is too slow - So is Brandon Spikes and Vontaze Burflict and a slew of other top ILB who fell in the draft because people bought into this sentiment

He got dominated by Alabama - Not fair. His DL was pushed back 3 yards in his face every play. No linebacker can play well under those circumstances. Teo also did play absurdy well against a slew of other great teams.

The problem with Te'o is he's not a good fit here. We run nickel 65% of the time and Te'o lacks the athleticism to play as a nickel linebacker. Thus it would be a waste to spend a premium pick on a LB who will only see ~400 snaps over the course of a season. That's not worth a premium pick and the media circus Te'o will bring with him. The hoax isn't a problem from a football perspective I agree, it's a problem because it's attracted a lot of attention to a player. It's Tebow all over again - a media circus and lockerroom distraction all because of who the player is rather than what he can (and can't) do on the football field.
_________________
big_palooka:

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
broncos67


Joined: 28 Dec 2006
Posts: 21662
Location: Conshohocken
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mile High wrote:
I disagree HUGELY with the Manti Te'o sentiment. I am going to address the main concerns that I have heard:

The Hoax - The hoax isn't football. It doesn't matter to me.

He is too slow - So is Brandon Spikes and Vontaze Burflict and a slew of other top ILB who fell in the draft because people bought into this sentiment

He got dominated by Alabama - Not fair. His DL was pushed back 3 yards in his face every play. No linebacker can play well under those circumstances. Teo also did play absurdy well against a slew of other great teams.


I don't care about the hoax, and the hoax isn't what makes him a poor choice.

Speed- Brandon Spikes plays in a 3-4, so that doesn't really help your point as we aren't a 3-4 team, and Burfict...let's not crown him yet. He had one decent season, he wasn't a world beater.

The Alabama game is a fair criticism of him. He missed numerous tackles and looked lost. If he played poor, you need to say that, because effectively what you said in this post is that he has no weaknesses or flaws.
_________________


Thanks, Tzimisce
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncosfan07


Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 15215
Location: Denver
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be disappointed if we drafted Te'o, I've never been a fan of his game I think he's the classic College MLB, does a lot of things well at the college level but none of it translates to the NFL.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
elwayfan07


Joined: 13 Nov 2005
Posts: 4991
Location: Pensacola FL
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
Mile High wrote:
I disagree HUGELY with the Manti Te'o sentiment. I am going to address the main concerns that I have heard:

The Hoax - The hoax isn't football. It doesn't matter to me.

He is too slow - So is Brandon Spikes and Vontaze Burflict and a slew of other top ILB who fell in the draft because people bought into this sentiment

He got dominated by Alabama - Not fair. His DL was pushed back 3 yards in his face every play. No linebacker can play well under those circumstances. Teo also did play absurdy well against a slew of other great teams.


I don't care about the hoax, and the hoax isn't what makes him a poor choice.

Speed- Brandon Spikes plays in a 3-4, so that doesn't really help your point as we aren't a 3-4 team, and Burfict...let's not crown him yet. He had one decent season, he wasn't a world beater.

The Alabama game is a fair criticism of him. He missed numerous tackles and looked lost. If he played poor, you need to say that, because effectively what you said in this post is that he has no weaknesses or flaws.


I think he isfalling into a Tim Tebow category. He can be a good play. I feel he will be a solid LB for the next 10+ years. He wont be a top flight LB. However, I dont think he will be a bust. People are on one extreme or the other, when he will be in the middle. A solid, reliable starting LB.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
BroncoinGermany


Joined: 09 Mar 2012
Posts: 2438
Location: Bad Nauheim
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elwayfan07 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
Mile High wrote:
I disagree HUGELY with the Manti Te'o sentiment. I am going to address the main concerns that I have heard:

The Hoax - The hoax isn't football. It doesn't matter to me.

He is too slow - So is Brandon Spikes and Vontaze Burflict and a slew of other top ILB who fell in the draft because people bought into this sentiment

He got dominated by Alabama - Not fair. His DL was pushed back 3 yards in his face every play. No linebacker can play well under those circumstances. Teo also did play absurdy well against a slew of other great teams.


I don't care about the hoax, and the hoax isn't what makes him a poor choice.

Speed- Brandon Spikes plays in a 3-4, so that doesn't really help your point as we aren't a 3-4 team, and Burfict...let's not crown him yet. He had one decent season, he wasn't a world beater.

The Alabama game is a fair criticism of him. He missed numerous tackles and looked lost. If he played poor, you need to say that, because effectively what you said in this post is that he has no weaknesses or flaws.


I think he isfalling into a Tim Tebow category. He can be a good play. I feel he will be a solid LB for the next 10+ years. He wont be a top flight LB. However, I dont think he will be a bust. People are on one extreme or the other, when he will be in the middle. A solid, reliable starting LB.


la AJ Hawk. Alright, but undeserving of the hype.
_________________

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JerseysFinest27


Joined: 07 Jan 2010
Posts: 8233
Location: New Jersey... Props to inDENguise on the sig
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
Manti Te'o
Johnathan Hankins
Ziggy Ansah
Margus Hunt
Kyle Long
Eric Reid
David Amerson

This is funny... Id take every single one of these guys, in a heartbeat. No offense to Star.


My "popular names" list:
Eddie Lacy (slow)
Any QB (not needed for a while)
DJ Fluker (slow feet)
Sam Montgomery (moron)
Arthur Brown (not a MLB)
Marcus Wheaton (track runner not a football player)
Monte Ball (too much wear on those tires)
Jessie Williams (one-trick pony)
William Gholston (I think its the name)

I have plenty of others in the 4th round grade and on that some of never heard of.


Curious how Arthur Brown isn't an MLB? He weights exactly the same as Te'o, btw, and size was Brown's knock going into the combine. Brown is absolutely an ILB.

Again, all these combine numbers are irrelevant and mean nothing to me. I look at the combine numbers for the WR, RB, TE, CB, and Pass-rushers. When did MLB become about 40-times?

Ive been saying it all year. Arthur Brown is a WLB, not a MLB. Thats just a way it is, in my eyes. Hes not instinctive. He doesnt run downfield well. Cant take on blockers. Sucks in pass coverage. Shall I continue?

I really dont get why people are even calling him a 4-3 MLB? He wasnt even playing that in college. Go research tape of Kansas St against Oklahoma. Hes playing the same position as Wesley Woodyard plays for us. Its almost identical watching the two play too.


bobdevine wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
DJ Fluker (slow feet)


I wonder how many teams are looking at Fluker as an OG.

But it's never good to draft a player in the first round with the hope of converting him to a new position.

Hes a road-grader, so he wont have the best feet. To say hes even better than Orlando right now is false. Franklin has pretty bad feet and still looks more athletic then Fluker. If Id take Fluker, it would be in the middle-2nd as an RG only. Moving players around to different positions happens alot from college to pro. That wont scare me. Its the fact his feet are so slow and so out of control.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group