Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The please don't let us draft him thread!!!!!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
b_rent87

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: The please don't let us draft him thread!!!!!!! Reply with quote

Who is/are players you really hope the Broncos do not draft.

Manti Teo Laughing

Props to Jamison on the sig
broncos67

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manti Te'o
Johnathan Hankins
Ziggy Ansah
Margus Hunt
Kyle Long
Eric Reid
David Amerson

Thanks, Tzimisce
iLikeDefense

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a fan of Minter or Te'o.

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ziggy Ansah

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
Manti Te'o
Johnathan Hankins
Ziggy Ansah
Margus Hunt
Kyle Long
Eric Reid
David Amerson

This is funny... Id take every single one of these guys, in a heartbeat. No offense to Star.

My "popular names" list:
Eddie Lacy (slow)
Any QB (not needed for a while)
DJ Fluker (slow feet)
Sam Montgomery (moron)
Arthur Brown (not a MLB)
Marcus Wheaton (track runner not a football player)
Monte Ball (too much wear on those tires)
Jessie Williams (one-trick pony)
William Gholston (I think its the name)

I have plenty of others in the 4th round grade and on that some of never heard of.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree HUGELY with the Manti Te'o sentiment. I am going to address the main concerns that I have heard:

The Hoax - The hoax isn't football. It doesn't matter to me.

He is too slow - So is Brandon Spikes and Vontaze Burflict and a slew of other top ILB who fell in the draft because people bought into this sentiment

He got dominated by Alabama - Not fair. His DL was pushed back 3 yards in his face every play. No linebacker can play well under those circumstances. Teo also did play absurdy well against a slew of other great teams.

Jamison. mad props on this amazing Sig!!!
broncos67

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
Manti Te'o
Johnathan Hankins
Ziggy Ansah
Margus Hunt
Kyle Long
Eric Reid
David Amerson

This is funny... Id take every single one of these guys, in a heartbeat. No offense to Star.

My "popular names" list:
Eddie Lacy (slow)
DJ Fluker (slow feet)
Sam Montgomery (moron)
Arthur Brown (not a MLB)

I have plenty of others in the 4th round grade and on that some of never heard of.

Curious how Arthur Brown isn't an MLB? He weights exactly the same as Te'o, btw, and size was Brown's knock going into the combine. Brown is absolutely an ILB.

Thanks, Tzimisce
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Short, Hankins, Jenkins, Bell, Eifert, Ertz.

The first four due to questionable drive and/or too huge of a workload during college; the TEs mainly for value reasons. There are a couple of sleeper TEs in the draft and I have changed my opinion on our TEs on the roster in context of adding one more high in the draft. Not worth it.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
bobdevine

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
DJ Fluker (slow feet)

I wonder how many teams are looking at Fluker as an OG.

But it's never good to draft a player in the first round with the hope of converting him to a new position.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mile High wrote:
I disagree HUGELY with the Manti Te'o sentiment. I am going to address the main concerns that I have heard:

He is too slow - So is Brandon Spikes and Vontaze Burflict and a slew of other top ILB who fell in the draft because people bought into this sentiment

He got dominated by Alabama - Not fair. His DL was pushed back 3 yards in his face every play. No linebacker can play well under those circumstances. Teo also did play absurdy well against a slew of other great teams.

The problem with Te'o is he's not a good fit here. We run nickel 65% of the time and Te'o lacks the athleticism to play as a nickel linebacker. Thus it would be a waste to spend a premium pick on a LB who will only see ~400 snaps over the course of a season. That's not worth a premium pick and the media circus Te'o will bring with him. The hoax isn't a problem from a football perspective I agree, it's a problem because it's attracted a lot of attention to a player. It's Tebow all over again - a media circus and lockerroom distraction all because of who the player is rather than what he can (and can't) do on the football field.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
broncos67

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mile High wrote:

I don't care about the hoax, and the hoax isn't what makes him a poor choice.

Speed- Brandon Spikes plays in a 3-4, so that doesn't really help your point as we aren't a 3-4 team, and Burfict...let's not crown him yet. He had one decent season, he wasn't a world beater.

The Alabama game is a fair criticism of him. He missed numerous tackles and looked lost. If he played poor, you need to say that, because effectively what you said in this post is that he has no weaknesses or flaws.

Thanks, Tzimisce
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be disappointed if we drafted Te'o, I've never been a fan of his game I think he's the classic College MLB, does a lot of things well at the college level but none of it translates to the NFL.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
Mile High wrote:

Speed- Brandon Spikes plays in a 3-4, so that doesn't really help your point as we aren't a 3-4 team, and Burfict...let's not crown him yet. He had one decent season, he wasn't a world beater.

The Alabama game is a fair criticism of him. He missed numerous tackles and looked lost. If he played poor, you need to say that, because effectively what you said in this post is that he has no weaknesses or flaws.

I think he isfalling into a Tim Tebow category. He can be a good play. I feel he will be a solid LB for the next 10+ years. He wont be a top flight LB. However, I dont think he will be a bust. People are on one extreme or the other, when he will be in the middle. A solid, reliable starting LB.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elwayfan07 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
Mile High wrote:

I think he isfalling into a Tim Tebow category. He can be a good play. I feel he will be a solid LB for the next 10+ years. He wont be a top flight LB. However, I dont think he will be a bust. People are on one extreme or the other, when he will be in the middle. A solid, reliable starting LB.

la AJ Hawk. Alright, but undeserving of the hype.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
Manti Te'o
Johnathan Hankins
Ziggy Ansah
Margus Hunt
Kyle Long
Eric Reid
David Amerson

My "popular names" list:
Eddie Lacy (slow)
DJ Fluker (slow feet)
Sam Montgomery (moron)
Arthur Brown (not a MLB)

Curious how Arthur Brown isn't an MLB? He weights exactly the same as Te'o, btw, and size was Brown's knock going into the combine. Brown is absolutely an ILB.

Again, all these combine numbers are irrelevant and mean nothing to me. I look at the combine numbers for the WR, RB, TE, CB, and Pass-rushers. When did MLB become about 40-times?

Ive been saying it all year. Arthur Brown is a WLB, not a MLB. Thats just a way it is, in my eyes. Hes not instinctive. He doesnt run downfield well. Cant take on blockers. Sucks in pass coverage. Shall I continue?

I really dont get why people are even calling him a 4-3 MLB? He wasnt even playing that in college. Go research tape of Kansas St against Oklahoma. Hes playing the same position as Wesley Woodyard plays for us. Its almost identical watching the two play too.

bobdevine wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
DJ Fluker (slow feet)

I wonder how many teams are looking at Fluker as an OG.

But it's never good to draft a player in the first round with the hope of converting him to a new position.

Hes a road-grader, so he wont have the best feet. To say hes even better than Orlando right now is false. Franklin has pretty bad feet and still looks more athletic then Fluker. If Id take Fluker, it would be in the middle-2nd as an RG only. Moving players around to different positions happens alot from college to pro. That wont scare me. Its the fact his feet are so slow and so out of control.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: