Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

one of these is sure to happen.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flutieflakes02

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: one of these is sure to happen. Reply with quote

We will grab one of the top FA WR, or we will draft the best WR at 8, either Keenan Allen, or Patterson. We are so thin on wr depth we have no other choice.
cdavls17

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why cant they draft hopkins, austin, woods or hunter in the 2nd round? Not much FA top quality wr out there. Bowe and Jennings both have been mentioned several times they will get the franchise tag which leaves wallace who will get over paid. Then the 2nd tier guys like hartline welker amendola etc which will cause needy teams to over pay what they deserve. Welker is a top notch wr but only in the right setting which is NE, i dont see him having the same season records as he did there. They have options i dont think it is a must need to be picked at 8 just yet. The bills have greater needs such as QB OLB ILB then WR2 CB2 and SS.

I think the sleeper bet is they go for a top notch FA TE like cook, keller, walker, bennett. That way they get a receiving threat for a cheaper price and opens up the option to bring in a 2nd or 3rd receiver.

Thanks Max
flutieflakes02

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

U bring up a good argument, but just like most everyone else, QB in the 2nd is the right spot. Therefore LB or WR in the first makes more sence. Since u don't think that we will get one of the top FA then Patterson seems like the best choice, then QB, the LB, then possibly another WR.
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id rather not take a WR in F/A and IMO there isn't much difference between Patterson to Wood, Hopkins, Austin, T. Williams, Dobson and some others. Reaching at 8 for a WR won't help when there is no one to get him the ball and no LB's on defence to stop the opposing teams offence.

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
Id rather not take a WR in F/A and IMO there isn't much difference between Patterson to Wood, Hopkins, Austin, T. Williams, Dobson and some others. Reaching at 8 for a WR won't help when there is no one to get him the ball and no LB's on defence to stop the opposing teams offence.

Yeah I really like Hopkins, Williams, Austin, and Patterson. Imagine we got Geno than Austin. If we look at a vet LB like Darryl Smith and draft a mid rounder like Sheppard and Bradham and a vet CB.
DKTurtle51

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The WR group in this years draft is probably even deeper than last years group. Frankly I'm not sold on any of them as a top 10 pick either. There will probably be a lot of WR talent left when we pick in the 3rd round.

^^^NickChowaniec^^^
cdavls17

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with trent 100% the two major needs is qb and LB and I dont see drafting a wr at 8 worth it. None of them have wowed me like an aj green julio jones calvin johnson or larry fitzgerald. Patterson at best reminds me of a dez bryant and thats if he is lucky.

Going for a top tier wr in FA isnt the answer either take that money you would spend on one player and go and fill a couple of needs through FA with that and then draft a qb in the 1st two rounds and draft a LB if it wasnt met in FA. I like Ellerbe Kruger and Barwin for LBs. If the bills plan on using a 3-4 Ellerbe would be my top choice in FA to go after. Balt needs to resign Flacco which would be a 17-20 million hit a year and then I see them looking at Reed next then ellerbe. Not sure how much cap space they have now that lewis retired but i think it is some where around 20 million which Flacco will eat up most of it if not all. He is a 3 down LB who can stop the run.

Thanks Max

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: