Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Which CB would you prefer and why?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

If we must stay at #13 and select a CB, which one would you select if you had the choice and why?
Dee Milliner
33%
 33%  [ 6 ]
Xavier Rhodes
50%
 50%  [ 9 ]
Other
16%
 16%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 18

Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Which CB would you prefer and why? Reply with quote

While a lot of us would like to draft a CB in the 1st round, others feel that DL might be a better pick. Assuming we go with a CB, which one would you select and why? Forget about trading down or up. If we must stay at 13 and draft a CB. Tuesday's performance at the scouting combine will influence everyone somewhat more I imagine.

Dee Milliner: I feel that he is about as good as he is going to get with little upside. Will be great in our system but how much better will he get.

Xavier Rhodes: Raw with great leaping ability and bump n' run coverage. Could be really special in the NFL with a ton of upside. However some scouts think he would be a better S in the NFL.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we will have a better idea by tomorrow night.

Both have some queations to answer with long speed.

Milliner might be the safer pick but I think Rhodes might have more upside.

Thing is one we will probably have to trade up for the other we may be able to trade back and get (though not by much).

I would be happy to have either.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gimme Johnthan Banks. Crazy I know, but the more I watch 2011 film on him, has me drooling

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
Milliner might be the safer pick but I think Rhodes might have more upside.

This is why I am torn. I think you kinda see what you will get with Milliner, which dont get me wrong is pretty darn good, but at the same time Im really curious as to how good Rhodes could get will good coaching at the next level. Hopefully, like you said, the combine will shed some light on the situation.

bucstopshere wrote:
Gimme Johnthan Banks. Crazy I know, but the more I watch 2011 film on him, has me drooling

Hmmm. Thats interesting. Ill be really curious to see how the top 4 CBs perform at the combine tomorrow. Im sure that will shed some light on this whole debate of which CB we should take and where we should draft them.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
...and this is coming from a Alabama fan.

So with that said, I'll take Banks too. Rhodes is too risky of a pick at #13, Milliner is great value but Banks has greater upside.

Like I said before, Banks was a top 10 pick before he slumped this year kinda how Clayborn slumped his senior year. Had he came out last year he goes top 10 ahead of Stephon Gilmore. Banks is a play-making CB and didn't get to benefit from a dominant pass rush week in and week out at State compared to FSU and BAMA's rush. I wanna see him clock in for his 40 but a 4.48< is my top choice for us if he can achieve that.

sidenote: I just found out Johnathan Banks came in with 33 7/8 arms. Thats more than any CB or S that's weighed in so far at the all star games or at the combine.
BBando

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
glad to have you on the boat.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:
...and this is coming from a Alabama fan.

So with that said, I'll take Banks too. Rhodes is too risky of a pick at #13, Milliner is great value but Banks has greater upside.

Like I said before, Banks was a top 10 pick before he slumped this year kinda how Clayborn slumped his senior year. Had he came out last year he goes top 10 ahead of Stephon Gilmore. Banks is a play-making CB and didn't get to benefit from a dominant pass rush week in and week out at State compared to FSU and BAMA's rush. I wanna see him clock in for his 40 but a 4.48< is my top choice for us if he can achieve that.

sidenote: I just found out Johnathan Banks came in with 33 7/8 arms. Thats more than any CB or S that's weighed in so far at the all star games or at the combine.

Just to put that number in perspective...

Julio Jones-33 3/4"
AJ Green-34 3/8"
Richard Sherman-32"

Yeah...He's LONG.

Banks just makes sense, I'm trying to figure out who we will pick, not who I want. Banks is a two year captain, a senior, and a playmaker. Lover Millner, but Banks has more lockdown potential. Want to see sub 4.5 though tomorrow

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBando wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:
glad to have you on the boat.

Im captaining the ship, ALL ABOARD!!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still haven't seen Banks at all, why isn't he at the combine?

I still really like Jordan Poyer
canadabuccaneer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Rhodes, only question I really had was his speed and an official 4.43 time is pretty good for his size. I will honestly be shocked if we don't pick him at 13

#EmbraceTheSuck
RB4TampaBay

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
I still haven't seen Banks at all, why isn't he at the combine?

I still really like Jordan Poyer

You didn't see Banks today? Funny, I watched him. (poor 40 time). Sad
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a big fan of Rhodes, but my gut keeps telling me we will pas on him on draft day Laughing
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul Glo wrote:
I'm a big fan of Rhodes, but my gut keeps telling me we will pas on him on draft day Laughing

I have a feeling it's going to be Trufant at 13 or slight trade back. Stokes was in his backyard for 3 years, team captain...yatta yatta, you know the drill with Dom

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
Soul Glo wrote:

I have a feeling it's going to be Trufant at 13 or slight trade back. Stokes was in his backyard for 3 years, team captain...yatta yatta, you know the drill with Dom

Agreed. I like Trufant experienced kid with all the measurables you'd want, has the bloodlines, captain and plays with a swagger. I think he'd be a bit of reach, but honestly in this draft there's not a huge difference in all the potential first round guys, so maybe not.

If I had to bet we'll trade back.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul Glo wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:
Soul Glo wrote:

Agreed. I like Trufant experienced kid with all the measurables you'd want, has the bloodlines, captain and plays with a swagger. I think he'd be a bit of reach, but honestly in this draft there's not a huge difference in all the potential first round guys, so maybe not.

If I had to bet we'll trade back.

Yeah here's my opinion on it...

Millner at 13? Lock done (WONT HAPPEN)
Rhodes and Trufant still on the board? Trade down, let one get taken off the board
Millner and Rhodes gone? Trufant at 13

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: