Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cowboys "Seriously" looking at OG/C, Move Free? Sp
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matts4313

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
Stay on topic please!

you ddint read the first post, did you? Clearly the unicorn is on topic. Very Happy

plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are Jerry comments today...

Quote:
I would grant you the decisions that have been made over the years have not produced a Super Bowl, two Super Bowls or three Super Bowls that I would like to have been a part of. And the only thing I am going to do there is keep trying and then make sure I get the credit when we do get that one. Y’all are going to give it to me, aren’t you?”

It's all about the credit...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WEtxJ4-sh4
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:

Quote:
I would grant you the decisions that have been made over the years have not produced a Super Bowl, two Super Bowls or three Super Bowls that I would like to have been a part of. And the only thing I am going to do there is keep trying and then make sure I get the credit when we do get that one. Y’all are going to give it to me, aren’t you?”

It's all he's ever cared about: himself. He really doesn't even care about winning. Because if he cared about that, he would've fired himself years ago and hired someone who was qualified for the job and who would better place the team in a position to buld a championship team. He'd much rather focus on marketing the team and making money than winning. He always has, and he always will. What's worse is that if we were to ever win anything - which we won't - he'll go out of his way to ensure that he gets 100% of the credit for that while never accepting any of the blame for the failures of the past 17 years.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:

Quote:

Quote:
Y’all are going to give it to me, aren’t you?”

As I said in the other thread, I think this was a poor attempt at humor. Its why I didnt post it earlier. Either way, this just goes to show one more time that when Jerry opens his mouth, only stupid things come out.

plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jones smiled after delivering that last line, which just reinforces the notion that this is all a big joke, even if the owner/GM isn't in on it.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/21765884/ownergm-jerry-jones-wants-credit-when-cowboys-win-super-bowl

As I said....

plan9misfit wrote:

plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Quote:
Jones smiled after delivering that last line, which just reinforces the notion that this is all a big joke, even if the owner/GM isn't in on it.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/21765884/ownergm-jerry-jones-wants-credit-when-cowboys-win-super-bowl

As I said....

And yet, the rest of the quote said "even if the owner/GM isn't in on it". In other words, he's too dumb to recognize the weight of his own "jokes".

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
JWingate

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Quote:

As I said....

And yet, the rest of the quote said "even if the owner/GM isn't in on it". In other words, he's too dumb to recognize the weight of his own "jokes".

So how about them OG/C and Doug Free moves....

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWingate wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Quote:

As I said....

So how about them OG/C and Doug Free moves....

Do you really want to create another thread just for all of Jerry's comments? Or should we keep them in the same thread as the other news of the week?
Desperado82

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@clarencehilljr
just talked to a cowboys source who said they are not really looking at Doug Free at guard. It was discussed. Nothing more.Not likely

For what it's worth.

^^^Deadpulse
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
Quote:
@clarencehilljr
just talked to a cowboys source who said they are not really looking at Doug Free at guard. It was discussed. Nothing more.Not likely

For what it's worth.

Is it fair say the Doug Free era is over in Dallas? He looks like a June 1 cut if I've ever seen one.
canadaluvsdalla

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
Quote:
@clarencehilljr

For what it's worth.

Is it fair say the Doug Free era is over in Dallas? He looks like a June 1 cut if I've ever seen one.

I still liked when the kept switching the tackles between parnell and free.

It kept them both fresh against the pass rushers and efficient.

That also kind of why I'm not opposed to Callahan as our O-line, kind of a innovative move to a solution that seemed hopeless with free.

Jason Garrett wrote:
It's not about them, it's about us.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canadaluvsdalla wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
Quote:
@clarencehilljr

For what it's worth.

That also kind of why I'm not opposed to Callahan as our O-line, kind of a innovative move to a solution that seemed hopeless with free.

Bro, you don't have to be an economist to know that it is foolish to pay $8M to a part time tackle.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
Quote:
@clarencehilljr

For what it's worth.

Let us hope.

^^^Deadpulse
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Quote:

As I said....

The comment is now taking on a life of its own...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/jerry-jones-doesnt-care-dallas-cowboys-235000733--nfl.html

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/nflblitz/jerry_wants_again_make_sure_super_K0pEozrMEFoC2WkAaBEFxH#axzz2LxvvoOc4

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/02/25/13/Jones-wants-full-credit-if-Dallas-wins-S/landing_cowboys.html?blockID=869699&feedID=3742

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/25/jerry-jones-when-we-win-a-super-bowl-give-me-the-credit-as-g-m/related/

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4705989/jerry-jones-craves-credit-more-than-winning
canadaluvsdalla

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
canadaluvsdalla wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
Quote:
@clarencehilljr

For what it's worth.

Bro, you don't have to be an economist to know that it is foolish to pay $8M to a part time tackle.

Not the point lol. I'm saying if free is indeed cut and parnell is sturggling at RT during the season we can keep switching him around with his back-up to be more efficient. More about the method of solving the RT problem than about the actual starting player aka Doug Free-rush.

Jason Garrett wrote:
It's not about them, it's about us.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: