Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cowboys "Seriously" looking at OG/C, Move Free? Sp
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matts4313

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
TheStarStillShines wrote:
I suggested that the team look to move Free inside. Glad to see this is being considered. He still has talent, and his mobility would be an asset at the OG spot.

I'm confused. I saw Free get bull rushed and physically abused by guys that were 250 lbs. A 'possibility' is bringing him inside, where he will face shorter guys that weight 280 and 300 lbs. That doesn't sound logical to me.

A lot of the stuff that was posted last year said that Free was struggling so much due to using the wrong techniques at the wrong time. Perhaps they think he can simplify it by playing inside? Less room to operate would limit the defenses options.

Just a guess.

plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
htfryar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, in no way, shape or form feel as if Free would be good at OG. He doesn't play with the right pad level for that spot. His size and lack of knee bending are going to lead to him having horrible leverage against DT's. He will get abused inside worse than he does outside.

When it comes to moving Free inside, I think it is nothing more than a pipe dream. Sure it would be great if we could take a player who is struggling at RT and move him to RG and have him flourish. It would also be great if I was 6' 2" tall, built like Channing Tatum and looked like a young George Clooney. Unfortunately, that is not the case, just like with Doug Free.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
I suggested that the team look to move Free inside. Glad to see this is being considered. He still has talent, and his mobility would be an asset at the OG spot.

I'm confused. I saw Free get bull rushed and physically abused by guys that were 250 lbs. A 'possibility' is bringing him inside, where he will face shorter guys that weight 280 and 300 lbs. That doesn't sound logical to me.

GD, I think the difference is that Free would no longer have to be concerned about the outside speed rush. A DE has considerably more moves/options than a DT. In other words, it would simplify Free's responsibilities in pass protection. A lot of the times Free got overpowered had to do more with his feet/balance than his strength. Moving him inside should help.

It's also possible that Free just straight sucks out loud and needs to be cut. I'm fully on board with cutting him after the last 2 years but that still does not resolve the disaster at LG/C/RG.
Trapt31

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say we move Free to RG, draft Cooper for LG in the first and draft B. Williams from UNC for RT in the 3rd...then I think we'd be set on the online for years.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trapt31 wrote:
I say we move Free to RG, draft Cooper for LG in the first and draft B. Williams from UNC for RT in the 3rd...then I think we'd be set on the online for years.

I'd rather get Lane Johnson in the first and Warford in the 2nd.

Sig courtesy of mack.
htfryar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Trapt31 wrote:

I'd rather have a winged unicorn that farted gold dust, pooped gold bricks and someone to clean the gold bricks for me. Which of us will get his wish first?

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Trapt31 wrote:

I'd rather have a winged unicorn that farted gold dust, pooped gold bricks and someone to clean the gold bricks for me. Which of us will get his wish first?

Does the gold pooping unicorn have a friend that sharts silver??? Cause I'd settle for that.
htfryar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
htfryar wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Trapt31 wrote:

Does the gold pooping unicorn have a friend that sharts silver??? Cause I'd settle for that.

I'll ask him if he ever shows up at my house. Because, of course, a gold pooping winged unicorn would also be able to talk, in a sexy accent.

Matts4313

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
a gold pooping winged unicorn would also be able to talk, in a sexy accent.

Okay, now I am intrigued. What kind of accent?

plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
htfryar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
htfryar wrote:

Scottish, like a young Sean Connery.

TheStarStillShines

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:

A lot of the stuff that was posted last year said that Free was struggling so much due to using the wrong techniques at the wrong time. Perhaps they think he can simplify it by playing inside? Less room to operate would limit the defenses options.

Just a guess.

That's my thinking as well (and Slam's, too). There were so many occasions last year where Free couldn't get his feet planted quickly enough, resulting in him getting off-balanced. I think by moving to guard he can anchor himself a lot better since he would have a smaller space to operate. His mobility would be a bonus should the team incorporate more toss and power sweeps in the game plan.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
htfryar wrote:

Scottish, like a young Sean Connery.

Now I'm kinda on tilt... I wonder if Ian poops any precious metals???
textaz03

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stay on topic please!

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
htfryar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
Stay on topic please!

We are on topic. A gold pooping, Scottish speaking, winged unicorn is about as real as is Doug Free's chance of becoming a starting quality OG. Therefore, we need to draft a real OG.

Besides tex, you know darn good and well that you'd like to ride that winged unicorn during a hunting trip. That would take hunting to a whole new level of awesomeness. If you had one, maybe then you could finally scratch the Jersey Devil off your hunting bucket list.

Last edited by htfryar on Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
Stay on topic please!

Hey, this is some important "ish" we're talking about. Literally.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: