Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eagles release DT Cullen Jenkins, DT Mike Patterson
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
You're assuming every team has a Howie Ro$eman.

I love this.

"You will never walk again... but you will fly"
“You forget. My father had four sons.”
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
birdman0069

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've had 3 consistant players on D the last two years and we cut the only one of them that has expeirence in both the 3-4 and 4-3?
I may have been nice to atleast watch the guy practice for yourself to determine what he can do on the field. I think 4 wins next season may have just been wishful thinking.

Props to Eagles _808 on the sig.
PE, the new poster child for birth control.

Birdman, slowest to 10K
Eagles Watch-Brandon Boykin
5 tackles, 2 Asst., 2 Pass defended, 1 Int.
0 KO return, yards
willy_law

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this team is going through quite the restructuring

TomRalph wrote:
Eli Manning is the devil.

2014 Draft Wish list - D.Coleman, T.Murphy, J. Verrett, L. Joyner
birdman0069

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

willy_law wrote:

Call it what it is, totally rebuilding.

Props to Eagles _808 on the sig.
PE, the new poster child for birth control.

Birdman, slowest to 10K
Eagles Watch-Brandon Boykin
5 tackles, 2 Asst., 2 Pass defended, 1 Int.
0 KO return, yards
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

willy_law wrote:
When Chip was hired, it was a forgone conclusion this would happen. No surprises here for anyone really, IMO.

Nnamdi looks like he'll be next one axed, then DRC will probably walk in FA. Mathis will be the only player left from the "Dream Team" spending spree of 2011. Cole and Herremans are now the longest tenured Eagles , both having joined via the 2005 draft.
HitEmLow

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant help but wonder.....alot was made about guys who were cancer in the locker room last year. If I read those comments right it almost felt like the finger was pointed at guys who were additions in recent years.

Now...to me....Jenkins made himself one of the most accountable ones last year but....could he have been one of the cancers behind closed doors? Reminds me of my daughter watching the Oscars the other night and saying about Jennifer Lawrence "oh...she is so nice" and I ask...."how do you know?".

How do we know? Likely its money and overall scheme changes that led to Jenkins. But I wonder if that was part of it.
UKEaglesFan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
UKEaglesFan wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
UKEaglesFan wrote:
McClendon is the guy, Steelers might not even be able to afford to tag him, let alone at a decent round value
I agree. He interests me a bit for the NT spot we have vacant.

He's a RFA and UDFA right? Probably just slap a 2nd round tender on him

They can't afford to - that's the problem......

They can release some of their older players and restructure. If they want him around I'm sure they will keep him at least for a year

You're assuming every team has a Howie Ro$eman.

How on earth does he build these team options into contracts. We'll only pay you the money we owe you if another team doesn't sign you! It's an epic clause.....
willy_law

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

birdman0069 wrote:
willy_law wrote:

Call it what it is, totally rebuilding.

I didn't even use restructuring to avoid calling it rebuilding. It is exactly that, I just used the word restructuring instead.

TomRalph wrote:
Eli Manning is the devil.

2014 Draft Wish list - D.Coleman, T.Murphy, J. Verrett, L. Joyner
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HitEmLow wrote:
I cant help but wonder.....alot was made about guys who were cancer in the locker room last year. If I read those comments right it almost felt like the finger was pointed at guys who were additions in recent years.

Now...to me....Jenkins made himself one of the most accountable ones last year but....could he have been one of the cancers behind closed doors? Reminds me of my daughter watching the Oscars the other night and saying about Jennifer Lawrence "oh...she is so nice" and I ask...."how do you know?".

How do we know? Likely its money and overall scheme changes that led to Jenkins. But I wonder if that was part of it.

I doubt it was the scheme change. It would make no sense to cut the one scheme versatile guy on the defensive line (who has NFL experience playing in both 3-4 and 4-3 fronts).

The money... perhaps. But it's not a strong argument because it's not like the Eagles are hurting on cap space. We're in great shape.

Cullen Jenkins at 32 isn't exactly too old, and he's in relatively good condition.

He made less sense to cut than Mike Patterson, who was battling health issues and probably wouldn't fit in the new scheme.

So yeah, we can speculate about the other stuff. Why cut a scheme versatile veteran when we're not hurting on cap space? Who knows...

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
HitEmLow wrote:

I doubt it was the scheme change. It would make no sense to cut the one scheme versatile guy on the defensive line (who has NFL experience playing in both 3-4 and 4-3 fronts).

The money... perhaps. But it's not a strong argument because it's not like the Eagles are hurting on cap space. We're in great shape.

Cullen Jenkins at 32 isn't exactly too old, and he's in relatively good condition.

He made less sense to cut than Mike Patterson, who was battling health issues and probably wouldn't fit in the new scheme.

So yeah, we can speculate about the other stuff. Why cut a scheme versatile veteran when we're not hurting on cap space? Who knows...

He might not have liked Chip's new system. Apparently Chip's ideas are fairly college-esque, and I could see an established veteran like Jenkins not being to happy about having to go the extra mile to earn a spot. I wanted him to stay, but we just have to accept we are going to be a really young team, and likely a very bad one.
HitEmLow

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
Phire wrote:
HitEmLow wrote:

He might not have liked Chip's new system. Apparently Chip's ideas are fairly college-esque, and I could see an established veteran like Jenkins not being to happy about having to go the extra mile to earn a spot. I wanted him to stay, but we just have to accept we are going to be a really young team, and likely a very bad one.

From the ashes will rise a might phoenix....errrr...Eagle. Hopefully much sooner than later!
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did Chip and Cullen even meet?

I don't think Cullen were a locker room cancer, but I don't think he was a leader.

"You will never walk again... but you will fly"
“You forget. My father had four sons.”
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chip may have met with Jenkins. Last I heard Chip talked to all the players via phone, and some others he met in person, but not all.

He said in a recent interview that Howie is handling the roster, and that he hasn't seen the players in person, in practice, to be able to make those judgment calls.

And to those who say he has film, Chip directly addressed that issue saying the film isn't conclusive, and basically confirmed the roster was being handled by Howie. It's in one of the videos on PE.com.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
oland11

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My take on this situation:

Cullen Jenkins:
He would have helped the players such as Thornton and Cox transition easily to the 34DE position. He was probably cut because Howie wanted to restructure him again and he didn't want to OR he was a locker room problem and they needed to get rid of him.

Mike Patterson:
He was simply cut because he wouldn't have fit a 34.
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe just maybe Jenkins was one of those cancers in the locker room people were so passionate about. Anything is a possibility?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: