Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Whats your Big Board ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Whats your Big Board ? Reply with quote

I'm going at 8

1 - Geno Smith QB
2 - Jarvis Jones OLB
3 - Bjoern Werner DE
3 - Dion Jordan OLB / DE
4 - Cordarelle Patterson WR
5 - EJ Manuel QB
6 - DeMontre Moore OLB/ DE
7 - Dee Milliner CB
8 - DeAndre Hopkins

For 2nd round

EJ Manuel QB
DeAndre Hopkins WR
Kevin Minter LB
Ryan Nassib QB
Mike Glennon QB
Terrance Williams WR
Manti Te'o LB
Khasseem Greene LB
cdavls17

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geno and jarvis are great options at 1st overall then I like dion jordan and milner. Vaccaro is another guy I like as the SS. Werner is more of a 4-3 DE and if the bills plan on using that more then 3-4 then I would like him at 3rd. I think Dion and Jarvis both can play 3-4 OLB and 4-3 OLB which is what the bills need.

2nd rd Ej, Rhodes, Hopkins, Minter, Elam, Woods, Austin.

Thanks Max
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at 8:

Geno Smith
Mike Glennon (personal preference)
Jarvis Jones
Dion Jordan
Dee Milliner

2nd round:

EJ Manual
Erzt
Eifert
Terrence Williams
Tyler Wilson

I really hope we address OLB in FA, I see one or two guys in the draft who could step in right away and be an upgrade, after that I don't see much of an improvement over what we have.
cdavls17

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just curious on why you think so highly of Glennon? He showed in consistency through out his college career, then at the senior bowl and now the combine. What am i missing that you think he is worth the 8th overall pick, is it because he has a big arm? Just looking for answers about this guy. I watched him play and heard what the announcers and scouts are saying about the guy and its sounding like he will drop to the 3rd round or even later.

Thanks Max
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
Just curious on why you think so highly of Glennon? He showed in consistency through out his college career, then at the senior bowl and now the combine. What am i missing that you think he is worth the 8th overall pick, is it because he has a big arm? Just looking for answers about this guy. I watched him play and heard what the announcers and scouts are saying about the guy and its sounding like he will drop to the 3rd round or even later.

Glennon for me has almost everything I would look for in a QB.

Big Arm, height, maturity, leadership qualities, accuracy, and experience. IMO Glennon played on a pretty bad team at NC State...his best option at WR was Tj Graham which says a lot. His WR constantly dropped passes and he rarely had a clean pocket to throw from which made him force the ball and keep things short. He is a little bit of a project, but in the right situation he can definitely be the next Joe Flacco where he relies on his D and running game for the first season or two but then with some weapons he could break out. I think best case scenario he's the next Flacco, worst case he is a 15-20 ranked QB like Schaub.

Just to add. - his weakness is definitely footwork but that is arguably the easiest thing to teach, you can teach arm strength or leadership, but his mechanics can always be improved.
DKTurtle51

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of right now.

1. Mike Glennon
2. Geno Smith
3. Matt Barkley
4. Dion Jordon
5. Dee Milliner

Don't really know after that, but I don't think they will all be gone.

^^^NickChowaniec^^^
DKTurtle51

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
To me, Glennon is a guy who already looks like he is playing the role of an NFL QB. He runs a pro system. He gets through progressions quickly. He uses the entire field.He can make accurate throws while taking a hit. When he gets the ball out on time he is very accurate. Not just completing passes, but he has very good ball placement. I also happen to think he has very good pocket mobility. He climbs the pocket very well and knows to roll out when he can't. He is also very good on 3rd down and in the redzone.

Obviously his size and arm strength jump off the page at you. The more I watch him, the more i associate the things I mentioned above with him.

You mentioned consistency has not been there, but I do think he is very consistent on plays where he gets the ball out on time. His accuracy and decision making does seem to take a nose dive when the play breaks down though. Its a concern, but all QB prospects have some concerns.

^^^NickChowaniec^^^
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKTurtle51 wrote:
As of right now.

1. Mike Glennon
2. Geno Smith
3. Matt Barkley
4. Dion Jordon
5. Dee Milliner

Barkley seems high, but I wouldn't hate picking him.
DKTurtle51

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
DKTurtle51 wrote:
As of right now.

1. Mike Glennon
2. Geno Smith
3. Matt Barkley
4. Dion Jordon
5. Dee Milliner

Barkley seems high, but I wouldn't hate picking him.
I don't know what to do with a guy like Jarvis Jones, but if the team doctors give him the green light I like him better than Dion Jordan.

^^^NickChowaniec^^^
Tk3

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. WR-Cordarelle Patterson
2. CB-DeMarcus Milliner
3. DE-Ezekiel Ansah
4. QB-Tyler Bray
5. OLB-Dion Jordan
6. ILB-Alec Ogletree
7. OLB-Jarvis Jones (injury or not)
8. OLB-Barkevious Mingo

Patterson is our legit WR we need.. He is very Julio Jones to me..

Milliner is a great corner.. I love Gilmore, but we have nothing at #2.. I dont buy the whole "too much money spent at CB" platform that many have.. 2 great corners is not a bad thing..

Ansah is an absolute monster.. He is a huge guy, big and strong, super fast.. Total athletic freak.. He can play DE in either the 3-4 or 4-3..

People must be starting to hate me for my man crush on Bray.. But he is the biggest, strongest armed QB in the draft.. He is also one of the most accurate, and if you watched the combine, he looked GREAT making the throws.. Best looking throws of the bunch.. Rookie money is not what it used to be, a top 10 bust at QB will not cripple your franchise forever like it used to.. Id rather go big and lose at QB, then bum around with mediocre talent..

Then the rest are a bunch of LBs.. many of which are guys who can play 4-3 or 3-4 which might be important if we go with a hybrid defense..

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tk3 wrote:
1. WR-Cordarelle Patterson
2. CB-DeMarcus Milliner
3. DE-Ezekiel Ansah
4. QB-Tyler Bray
5. OLB-Dion Jordan
6. ILB-Alec Ogletree
7. OLB-Jarvis Jones (injury or not)
8. OLB-Barkevious Mingo

Patterson is our legit WR we need.. He is very Julio Jones to me..

Milliner is a great corner.. I love Gilmore, but we have nothing at #2.. I dont buy the whole "too much money spent at CB" platform that many have.. 2 great corners is not a bad thing..

Ansah is an absolute monster.. He is a huge guy, big and strong, super fast.. Total athletic freak.. He can play DE in either the 3-4 or 4-3..

People must be starting to hate me for my man crush on Bray.. But he is the biggest, strongest armed QB in the draft.. He is also one of the most accurate, and if you watched the combine, he looked GREAT making the throws.. Best looking throws of the bunch.. Rookie money is not what it used to be, a top 10 bust at QB will not cripple your franchise forever like it used to.. Id rather go big and lose at QB, then bum around with mediocre talent..

Then the rest are a bunch of LBs.. many of which are guys who can play 4-3 or 3-4 which might be important if we go with a hybrid defense..

I like this board a lot, but I would add Geno Smith to the front of that list and flip Millner and Patterson

Max's 2010 Annual Draft Contest Winner

Adopt a Bill 2011- SS George Wilson
CB Drayton Florence
jsnydes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Chance Warmack
2. Eric Fisher
3. Dee Milliner
4. Luke Joeckel
5. Sharrif Floyd
6. Dion Jordan
7. Ziggy Ansah
8. Barkevious Mingo
9. Jonathon Cooper
10. Lane Johnson

TommyC376^^^
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsnydes wrote:
1. Chance Warmack
2. Eric Fisher
3. Dee Milliner
4. Luke Joeckel
5. Sharrif Floyd
6. Dion Jordan
7. Ziggy Ansah
8. Barkevious Mingo
9. Jonathon Cooper
10. Lane Johnson

Ugh, why a guard #1?

I don't care how good he is, we have much bigger issues than guard. And no Geno Smith, or any QB at all?

FFMD: Bills War Room
jsnydes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no QB that is worth a top 20 pick. Chance Warmack is the best player in the draft. I'd draft BPA. Pretty simple. That's the way Nix has been drafting and our roster is 100x better than it was before he got there.

TommyC376^^^
DKTurtle51

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsnydes wrote:
There is no QB that is worth a top 20 pick. Chance Warmack is the best player in the draft. I'd draft BPA. Pretty simple. That's the way Nix has been drafting and our roster is 100x better than it was before he got there.
I have no issue with an OG carrying the highest grade, but having him atop a big board seems insane. No team drafts 'BPA.' Frankly it is a myth that teams perpetuate by saying things like 'We will stay true to our draft board.' That draft board isn't based solely on grade, but scheme fit, need and positional importance are factored as well. That is why you see a guy like DDC go where he did last year despite carrying a top 5 grade by most.

^^^NickChowaniec^^^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: