Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Tavon Austin Mock Offseason
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ you are a poet.
SOCalBearsFan54

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You play to win the game. Creating a buzz doesn't mean anything if your not being successful. Look at Cam Newton. He created a buzz, had arguably the greatest rookie year ever at QB and revived a whole fan base but they didn't win much(6-10 and 7-9). I could care less about how flashy we look, or how many points we score. I just care about winning.

2014 Adopt a Bear: WR Brandon Marshall #15
Rec- 58 Yards- 660 TDs- 8 Tgts- 102
ChiSportsFan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If "creating a buzz" helps teams win, then why haven't Jerry Jones or Dan Snyder won a Super Bowl recently?
MonsterCityGHS

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChiSportsFan wrote:
If "creating a buzz" helps teams win, then why haven't Jerry Jones or Dan Snyder won a Super Bowl recently?
The 49ers created a huge buzz after Colin Kapernick had a coming out party on the Bears. Like I said Ray Lewis created a buzz announcing his retirement right before the playoffs. It's was everybody talking about how the Ravens are going to do in for Ray. People out here in the bay area were talk about hardball bowl ever since the beginning of last year. Flashy wow who said anything about that, and to say you don't care about scoring points just winning makes you sound like a donkey. You can't win games with out scoring the most points in the game. As far as I know the team that scored the most in points in the superbowl won ever time. I don't know the Jerry you speak of I do know Jerry Rice aka flash he has three rings. I do know hype kills your team. I'm not talking about that. Just like ok the buzz right now is the players performance at the combine next is pro day. Look it you should reconsider your comment on not caring about scoring that was just plain dumb jack. Anyway hate the word buzz I don't care you sound dumb though. Bears pick Austin Bear Down
MonsterCityGHS

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A look up buzz in the urban dictionary.
MonsterCityGHS

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't care about buzz that just means excitement. Take what I say to the bank Bears just hired an offensive minded head coach out of the CFL. Who was brought in because of his cutting edge an innovative knowledge the buzz now is how well will this Bears offense perform and can Marc Trestman do with Jay Culter what he did with Rich Gannon and beyond to winning a superbowl for the great city of Chicagoland.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MonsterCityGHS wrote:
ChiSportsFan wrote:
The 49ers created a huge buzz after Colin Kapernick had a coming out party on the Bears. Like I said Ray Lewis created a buzz announcing his retirement right before the playoffs. It's was everybody talking about how the Ravens are going to do in for Ray. People out here in the bay area were talk about hardball bowl ever since the beginning of last year. Flashy wow who said anything about that, and to say you don't care about scoring points just winning makes you sound like a donkey. You can't win games with out scoring the most points in the game. As far as I know the team that scored the most in points in the superbowl won ever time. I don't know the Jerry you speak of I do know Jerry Rice aka flash he has three rings. I do know hype kills your team. I'm not talking about that. Just like ok the buzz right now is the players performance at the combine next is pro day. Look it you should reconsider your comment on not caring about scoring that was just plain dumb jack. Anyway hate the word buzz I don't care you sound dumb though. Bears pick Austin Bear Down

MonsterCityGHS I suggest you read the FORUM RULES as they pertain to personal attacks.

Thanks.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MonsterCityGHS wrote:
A look up buzz in the urban dictionary.

MonsterCityGHS wrote:
I do know hype kills your team. I'm not talking about that.

http://m.urbandictionary.com/#define?term=buzz

Quote:
buzz
Noun
1. Excitement, hype, cool gossip, thrill, joy, exhileration, tantilizing!

2. Something that creates excitement, hype or a thrill!

3. Something that generates hype, cool gossip, talk, exciting rumors

Do you see where confusion as to your point may be coming in?

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
CBears019

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he's got a point, guys. Buzz is awesome!

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 77 Yds: 821 TD: 6

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
I think he's got a point, guys. Buzz is awesome!

That's right!!!
MonsterCityGHS

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for showing some love. Like I remember last year I visited Seattle and I was talking football and the Seachickens fan kept talking Russell Wilson and the was in the summer before the season started. I thought he was just hype until he ran circles around the Bears defense in the ot loss. Everybody was talking about RG3 Andrew Luck and the got there teams to the playoffs. Thank you all again for understanding my point. It's really a subtle momentum that goes with an excitement within a fan base. Like you say Ravens looked like crap at times during the regular season then right before playoffs Ray Lewis announced his retirement. The whole NFL just kept talking about Ravens doing it for Ray. At first I thought the buzz was some bunch of hype. So in weekly pick em I will admit I picked against the Ravens every time in the playoffs all the way up into the superbowl. I mean the Ray Lewis buzz created huge excitement. So you get the point man I love Da Bears so much and Bears fan deserve to enjoy that great excitement that a super team provides it's fan base. Bears pick Austin Bear Down
IronMike84

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't read much about Austin because I haven't put all that much effort into reading up on the WR prospects. I assume you guys are looking at having him fill a "Percy Harvin" role?

5'9" / 175 and he put up 14 bench reps? Not bad.
CBears019

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MonsterCityGHS wrote:
Thank you for showing some love. Like I remember last year I visited Seattle and I was talking football and the Seachickens fan kept talking Russell Wilson and the was in the summer before the season started. I thought he was just hype until he ran circles around the Bears defense in the ot loss. Everybody was talking about RG3 Andrew Luck and the got there teams to the playoffs. Thank you all again for understanding my point. It's really a subtle momentum that goes with an excitement within a fan base. Like you say Ravens looked like crap at times during the regular season then right before playoffs Ray Lewis announced his retirement. The whole NFL just kept talking about Ravens doing it for Ray. At first I thought the buzz was some bunch of hype. So in weekly pick em I will admit I picked against the Ravens every time in the playoffs all the way up into the superbowl. I mean the Ray Lewis buzz created huge excitement. So you get the point man I love Da Bears so much and Bears fan deserve to enjoy that great excitement that a super team provides it's fan base. Bears pick Austin Bear Down

If that was directed toward me I hate to break it to you, but I was being sarcastic.

I'm not against drafting Austin at all, but that all depends on who else is available. Austin could add a very dynamic element to our offense, no one will deny that. It's just your whole "buzz" argument is kind of odd. Like AZ said, you create buzz because your good, not the other way around.

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 77 Yds: 821 TD: 6

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
IronMike84

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
I'm not against drafting Austin at all, but that all depends on who else is available. Austin could add a very dynamic element to our offense, no one will deny that. It's just your whole "buzz" argument is kind of odd. Like AZ said, you create buzz because your good, not the other way around.

I'd rather see the Bears be a an ugly grinder team that wins than a flashy team that loses... more like the Giants, less like the Cowboys.
MonsterCityGHS

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:

I'd rather see the Bears be a an ugly grinder team that wins than a flashy team that loses... more like the Giants, less like the Cowboys.
I said the Bears could be a team that creates a buzz in the NFL by making the right moves thus offseason, which making does indeed make the Bears a better team. I'm in the bay area so I'd like the Bears to be more like the Niners. In the way they play smash mouth football. To be able to bully teams run the ball on any team. They were just missing that speed skilled wr on offense. Moss is older not the same anymore. I love all my Bears fans you are the best fans in the entire world. Chicago is the best sports town in the world. I love the great Bears history they helped start the NFL and introduce NFL to the whole country. The Bears fans deserve to have an exciting team I'm just saying the last superbowl was really entertaining Jacoby Jones doing his thing was sick. The Bears need to be more of a complete balance team. They don't have to be like the cowgirls or anybody else. Trust this though smart savvy balance teams complete teams win superbowls. The Bears just need to sign a quality OT / OG in free agency pick Austin and Escobar in the first and second rounds, pick a center who can produce better than Roberto in the 4th round. Maybe Barrett Jones is still on the board.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: