Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Tavon Austin Mock Offseason
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
MonsterCityGHS wrote:
Landru wrote:
I really don't think Tavon Austin is anywhere near the best pick available at #20. It seems like it was only last week that we were slotting him as our #50 pick. I just can't see Emery reaching like that when it doesn't even fill a particularly glaring need for us anyway.
He really is the biggest steal at 20. I hope the Bears do what this man windycity says except I like Barrett Jones better as a second round pick at center.
Austin at 20 is not a "steal" under any meaning of the word. That is 20-40 picks higher than his actual value. There is little chance of Phil taking him. Jones would be a better pick at 20.

No, no, no. Barrett Jones isn't even close to a top 20 prospect, he isn't the type of player thats going to come in here day 1 and make a significant impact. In fact, I bet he struggles mightily in his first few seasons. I'm taking Kyle Long at #20 before I'm taking Barett Jones there. He is going to get bullied at the next level.
I was only speaking of Jones at 20 in comparison to a small WR. However, Jones would be a day one starter at guard OR center for the Bears. And I am a guy who generally argues that rookies won't start on the line.

Not only has Jones had one of the most spectacular college careers ever for an offensive linemen, he has been the top performer at TWO positions and could play three at the pro level. He has the brains to be a pro bowl center for a decade, too.

Alabama's offensive line so dominated ND (one of the best DLs) that it is amazing that it did that with Jones seriously injured. But he is such a monster that he sucked it up and stayed in the game.

His absence at the combine and the operation he had to undergo will knock him down to the second round probably but whoever gets him will be fortunate wherever he goes. I would take him in the second without a pause.

The lack of interest in RBs, the lack of spectacular WRs, weak LBs is going to push OL and DL up and they are going to dominate the draft.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:

No, no, no. Barrett Jones isn't even close to a top 20 prospect, he isn't the type of player thats going to come in here day 1 and make a significant impact. In fact, I bet he struggles mightily in his first few seasons. I'm taking Kyle Long at #20 before I'm taking Barett Jones there. He is going to get bullied at the next level.

Agree completely.

Also, FWIW (not much), Walter Footballs newest mock has the Bears drafting T Austin at 20. One might think that but it would make assumptions about Emery and Trestman which are not valid.

I think he's going in the first round, and wouldn't be surprised at all if it is in the 20's.
He is high First/low Second. But not for me. This years WRs is weak in top talent so that will push him up. He would never have been the top WR in prior years.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blair18 wrote:
If people arent comfortable with Austin, what are peoples' feelings on Markus Wheaton in the second??

Go best offensive lineman available at one, pick up a dangerous receiver, with less concern over size, not quite as dynamic, but still adding folds to the Offense?
I like that better but is still too high for a WR unless we make trades picking up picks. Right now I would take the fastest WR available in the 4th or 5th or a FA. We definitely need to replace what Knox brought.

Our offense is going to be better merely from getting the plays in with plenty of time on the play clock. If Jeffrey returns in top form he will help our WR problem. Our line improved even with all the changes it underwent due to injury. It is not realistic to believe LL can return at top form immediately so I think we need to take 2 of our first three picks on the OL. If we can add a stud at 20 or with our 2d the line will get even better. I think we will add a TE from FA, too.
MonsterCityGHS

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blair18 wrote:
yeah, plus, you take him in the second and what Olineman do you go with in the first? It really is looking like the really stellar guys will be gone and im not sure I want to use a 1st on Fluker, so then you start to think trade down or Eifert. OR get crazy and draft Austin.

I'm really close to just saying BPA, no matter the position, too many possibilities.
Love the Forte pic by the way. So yea again no guts no glory. This is a pick that creates an instant Bears buzz in the NFL. The Bears turn heads with this pick man. Look it at the 20th pick all the top tier OL guys are off the board. Unless there is a top tier OL the Bears wont look stupid by not picking Austin. Is Fluker a top tier OL Aaron Kromer because man if Bears get caught reaching Bears for sure look dumb. Here's the math Austin is projected as the 24th pick by CBS sports Tyler Eifert is projected 23rd. Fluker is projected 22nd. Who do you think Phil Emery coach Marc Trestman/Kromer think can be an instant play maker out of those three? Looking at this thing really closely. Bears play their cards right, and this Bears front office are the new Don Corleone of the NFL this means instant fear and respect for the most disrespected poked at organization in the NFL. This is a draft I feel Bears do well in. In Phil we trust. Est. 1919 Pappa Bear GHS we love you. Bear Down Chicago Bears
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MonsterCityGHS wrote:
blair18 wrote:
yeah, plus, you take him in the second and what Olineman do you go with in the first? It really is looking like the really stellar guys will be gone and im not sure I want to use a 1st on Fluker, so then you start to think trade down or Eifert. OR get crazy and draft Austin.

I'm really close to just saying BPA, no matter the position, too many possibilities.
Love the Forte pic by the way. So yea again no guts no glory. This is a pick that creates an instant Bears buzz in the NFL. The Bears turn heads with this pick man. Look it at the 20th pick all the top tier OL guys are off the board. Unless there is a top tier OL the Bears wont look stupid by not picking Austin. Is Fluker a top tier OL Aaron Kromer because man if Bears get caught reaching Bears for sure look dumb. Here's the math Austin is projected as the 24th pick by CBS sports Tyler Eifert is projected 23rd. Fluker is projected 22nd. Who do you think Phil Emery coach Marc Trestman/Kromer think can be an instant play maker out of those three? Looking at this thing really closely. Bears play their cards right, and this Bears front office are the new Don Corleone of the NFL this means instant fear and respect for the most disrespected poked at organization in the NFL. This is a draft I feel Bears do well in. In Phil we trust. Est. 1919 Pappa Bear GHS we love you. Bear Down Chicago Bears

The Bears don't need to create a buzz coming out of the draft. Draft buzz is irrelevant when talking about how good your team is. They just need to make their team better.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:

I think he's going in the first round, and wouldn't be surprised at all if it is in the 20's.
He is high First/low Second. But not for me. This years WRs is weak in top talent so that will push him up. He would never have been the top WR in prior years.[/quote]

He's not the top WR in this years draft either - Cordarrelle Patterson gets that honor. Patterson is likely going top 15.

Tavon Austin is as athletic in the open field as anyone can be. All the combine did was backup what he had already shown on tape. Yes he's technically a 'midget', but I think that if he gets to a team that has an OC with an imagination - he can be a star.

Adopt-a-Bear Lamarr Houston

Man-child. QB-killer. Defender of the run. Destroyer of worlds
topwop1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
The Bears don't need to create a buzz coming out of the draft. Draft buzz is irrelevant when talking about how good your team is. They just need to make their team better.

Agreed. Usually the teams that try to create the most buzz on draft day are the ones who are constantly picking in the top-10 year after year.

As long as Phil follows and trusts his big board then he will be getting the best possible player he can in his eyes.

Something that I find interesting about this year's Bears draft is that it's the first year Emery will be utilizing the New England style evaluation and grading technique he brought over from the Chiefs and Falcons organizations.

I remember him saying last year when he got the job that he was going to implement the same system in Chicago, but that it was already too late in the pre-draft process to use this method so they had to use the previous system the Bears had for grading prospects when they drafted McClellin, Jeffery and company.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MonsterCityGHS wrote:
blair18 wrote:

Don't you mean GSH?

If Emery believes Austin is the BPA at 20 and takes him then so be it, welcome to Chicago Tavon. This would mean to me that he believes our problems elsewhere are less than most seem to think which would be just fine by me. I hate to be right about our failings.

Fluker would be an instant starter as a rookie and more productive than rookie WRs generally are so I prefer him with our pick.
MonsterCityGHS

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
MonsterCityGHS wrote:
blair18 wrote:

Buzz is good in the NFL especially when the team backs it up which they can do.Look it this era is all about being the most entertaining team to watch.
People want to see more touchdowns. Why do you think they changed the rules so much. The days of the 85 Bears are gone. Now the game is more flag football.
I'm just saying the Bears will be attracting more of an audience by adding more exciting players. Players that are impact players that give the other team head aches.
You have more Bears talk or buzz around the NFL because of this bold pick, and this could keep going all the way to a Superbowl win. Which leads to more attention before you know it Bears are the team everybody is talking about winning the game at the dinner table. You ever play Madden 13? Well if not watch some of your kids play or some kids play. It sucks playing with a boring basic 28th ranked offensive team. You know why because you go up against a team like the NFC champs 9ers on Monday night and score one touch down man that sucks.

Look I'm a Bears fan from Chicago for crying out loud. See if we don't make this move that's why teams like Green Bay, New England, San Francisco, and now Minn are ahead of the Bears because we need to grow some damn balls and quit being scared of change. The OL will be fine better OL/OC will make sure of that. You can have a good enough defense like let's say Atl rush d was ranked 12th instead of 21st vs 9ers in the NFC championship they would have won the game, but their d was not good enough because they were 21st get it.
Last year Bears d ranked 5th in the NFL really good offence was 28th really poor equaling 10-6 get it. Now you take 7 drops in rank on defense and you see a team like Green Bay who is ranked 13th in offence who Bears have lost 6 straight to. Balance man get it. The Superbowl champs Ravans ranked 16th offence 17th defense. Balance not the best defense or offence although both are in the top 20. So my point is Da Bears offense is creating the buzz in the NFL my man you got your beer and the game has your favorite team putting up Monster points consistently that's a buzz. Oh man the Monsters are in town or Da Bears are on prime time with their Monster offence. The buzz is people talking about how good the Bears are instead of them just talking crap about Jay Cutler get it.

People will start to associate the Chicago Bears with being an exciting football team that puts up Monster points. Your kids will see a different Monsters of the Midway the super Monster offence that wins multiple Superbowl's while putting up huge points wink. Look it they don't call it the wish bone defense. Right it's the wish bone offence. Right T formation ruled the nation. That feels good. That's what is meant by buzz my friend. Bears bringing that kind of fan base everywhere man that's a good feeling that's a buzz. Winning the Superbowl is the ultimate high. Bear Down. Bears Pick Austin Bear Down
MonsterCityGHS

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
MonsterCityGHS wrote:
blair18 wrote:

Don't you mean GSH?

If Emery believes Austin is the BPA at 20 and takes him then so be it, welcome to Chicago Tavon. This would mean to me that he believes our problems elsewhere are less than most seem to think which would be just fine by me. I hate to be right about our failings.

Fluker would be an instant starter as a rookie and more productive than rookie WRs generally are so I prefer him with our pick.
I stay up late bro.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MonsterCityGHS wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
MonsterCityGHS wrote:
blair18 wrote:

Buzz is good in the NFL especially when the team backs it up which they can do.Look it this era is all about being the most entertaining team to watch.
People want to see more touchdowns. Why do you think they changed the rules so much. The days of the 85 Bears are gone. Now the game is more flag football.
I'm just saying the Bears will be attracting more of an audience by adding more exciting players. Players that are impact players that give the other team head aches.
You have more Bears talk or buzz around the NFL because of this bold pick, and this could keep going all the way to a Superbowl win. Which leads to more attention before you know it Bears are the team everybody is talking about winning the game at the dinner table. You ever play Madden 13? Well if not watch some of your kids play or some kids play. It sucks playing with a boring basic 28th ranked offensive team. You know why because you go up against a team like the NFC champs 9ers on Monday night and score one touch down man that sucks.

Look I'm a Bears fan from Chicago for crying out loud. See if we don't make this move that's why teams like Green Bay, New England, San Francisco, and now Minn are ahead of the Bears because we need to grow some damn balls and quit being scared of change. The OL will be fine better OL/OC will make sure of that. You can have a good enough defense like let's say Atl rush d was ranked 12th instead of 21st vs 9ers in the NFC championship they would have won the game, but their d was not good enough because they were 21st get it.
Last year Bears d ranked 5th in the NFL really good offence was 28th really poor equaling 10-6 get it. Now you take 7 drops in rank on defense and you see a team like Green Bay who is ranked 13th in offence who Bears have lost 6 straight to. Balance man get it. The Superbowl champs Ravans ranked 16th offence 17th defense. Balance not the best defense or offence although both are in the top 20. So my point is Da Bears offense is creating the buzz in the NFL my man you got your beer and the game has your favorite team putting up Monster points consistently that's a buzz. Oh man the Monsters are in town or Da Bears are on prime time with their Monster offence. The buzz is people talking about how good the Bears are instead of them just talking crap about Jay Cutler get it.

People will start to associate the Chicago Bears with being an exciting football team that puts up Monster points. Your kids will see a different Monsters of the Midway the super Monster offence that wins multiple Superbowl's while putting up huge points wink. Look it they don't call it the wish bone defense. Right it's the wish bone offence. Right T formation ruled the nation. That feels good. That's what is meant by buzz my friend. Bears bringing that kind of fan base everywhere man that's a good feeling that's a buzz. Winning the Superbowl is the ultimate high. Bear Down. Bears Pick Austin Bear Down

Yeah... I don't care about any of that stuff. I care about winning, and you don't need "buzz" draft picks to win. You need better players. If that means they take Austin at 20 then so be it but that he may create a "buzz" will have nothing to do with it.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MonsterCityGHS wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
MonsterCityGHS wrote:
blair18 wrote:

Don't you mean GSH?

I stay up late bro.
Yeah, me too. I kept looking at it and thinking "what the h does that mean, is that some high school?" Took a while to dawn on me.
MonsterCityGHS

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look man why are you so bent on being a buzz kill. You starting to sound like a hater man. I explained what I meant by buzz you still acting like you stuck. Understand what I'm saying that again that buzz not hype can create momentum within the fan base and the team it self. You will start to see people feeling really good about how good Da Bears are. Remember Da Bears made Superbowl shuffle before they won their first Superbowl. It's about winning you feel me we both want to see Bears being World champs again. notice that the old saying is defense wins games. Well MJ said the best defense is offense and he's got like 6 rings. You think about it 49ers created an instant buzz with Kapernick, trust me if they would have won that Superbowl people would've been talking about the Niners greatness to no end. They win that game if the ref makes the right call. Proving the point MJ had made. So that being said Bears adding a guy who they can insert that takes the top off the defense is a nightmare for other teams. That's the buzz Bears being a nightmare offense that gain instant respect. The Monsters are a nightmare on offense for other teams to have to look at. Ray Lewis created a buzz for his team going into the playoffs that ended up being even bigger than king kapernick. So Chicago Bears pick Tavon Austin. How this for buzz Brandon, Alshon,and Tavon Chicago Bears are on. Bear Down
MonsterCityGHS

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
MonsterCityGHS wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
MonsterCityGHS wrote:
blair18 wrote:

Love the Forte pic by the way. So yea agaiI am talking about the Bears n no guts no glory. This is a pick that creates an instant Bears buzz in the NFL. The Bears turn heads with this pick man. Look it at the 20th pick all the top tier OL guys are off the board. Unless there is a top tier OL the Bears wont look stupid by not picking Austin. Is Fluker a top tier OL Aaron Kromer because man if Bears get caught reaching Bears for sure look dumb. Here's the math Austin is projected as the 24th pick by CBS sports Tyler Eifert is projected 23rd. Fluker is projected 22nd. Who do you think Phil Emery coach Marc Trestman/Kromer think can be an instant play maker out of those three? Looking at this thing really closely. Bears play their cards right, and this Bears front office are the new Don Corleone of the NFL this means instant fear and respect for the most disrespected poked at organization in the NFL. This is a draft I feel Bears do well in. In Phil we trust. Est. 1919 Pappa Bear GHS we love you. Bear Down Chicago Bears

Yeah... I don't care about any of that stuff. I care about winning, and you don't need "buzz" draft picks to win. You need better players. If that means they take Austin at 20 then so be it but that he may create a "buzz" will have nothing to do with it.
I'm talking about the Chicago Bears organization bringing a new type of swagger that creates a buzz. A look it things happen the way they did we got rid of Olsen and Knox retired. So we would take the best mlb in this draft had those guys still been Bears. Now in memory of Jonny Knox we're blessed to have Tavon Austin. You got to use your imagination sometimes.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MonsterCityGHS wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
MonsterCityGHS wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
MonsterCityGHS wrote:
blair18 wrote:

Love the Forte pic by the way. So yea agaiI am talking about the Bears n no guts no glory. This is a pick that creates an instant Bears buzz in the NFL. The Bears turn heads with this pick man. Look it at the 20th pick all the top tier OL guys are off the board. Unless there is a top tier OL the Bears wont look stupid by not picking Austin. Is Fluker a top tier OL Aaron Kromer because man if Bears get caught reaching Bears for sure look dumb. Here's the math Austin is projected as the 24th pick by CBS sports Tyler Eifert is projected 23rd. Fluker is projected 22nd. Who do you think Phil Emery coach Marc Trestman/Kromer think can be an instant play maker out of those three? Looking at this thing really closely. Bears play their cards right, and this Bears front office are the new Don Corleone of the NFL this means instant fear and respect for the most disrespected poked at organization in the NFL. This is a draft I feel Bears do well in. In Phil we trust. Est. 1919 Pappa Bear GHS we love you. Bear Down Chicago Bears

I'm talking about the Chicago Bears organization bringing a new type of swagger that creates a buzz. A look it things happen the way they did we got rid of Olsen and Knox retired. So we would take the best mlb in this draft had those guys still been Bears. Now in memory of Jonny Knox we're blessed to have Tavon Austin. You got to use your imagination sometimes.

And what I'm saying is that there doesn't need to be some new swagger to create a buzz for the team to get better. We need talent. The '85 Bears weren't great because they had swagger. They had swagger because they were great.

GRRLacher wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: