Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

4 round pre combine mock with detailed analysis for all pick
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ottawagiants10

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: 4 round pre combine mock with detailed analysis for all pick Reply with quote

This mock was made last Thursday/Friday before combine started. I know some of this will change now that the combine is under way and again next month when FA starts. This was done for fun. I dont project trades so please don't say things like "this pick sucks, they should trade down". Please enjoy/hate

1. Kansas City Chiefs- Geno Smith, QB West Virginia- This came down to the magic number ď8Ē. That is the total amount of tdís that the Chiefs threw for last year. That might be the most pathetic stat ever. They couldnít even get garbage time, prevent D tdís. So until they trade/sign a QB Iím keeping Geno here. Plus Andy is great at developing QBís so I donít see this as a bad pick.

2. Jacksonville Jaguars- Star Lotulelei, DT Utah- Star is a great scheme fit for new HC Gus Bradley. I think itís too early to completely write off DE Andre Branch and they do still have Babin and Mincy so to me DT/1st down DE is a better pick.

3. Oakland Raiders- Sharrif Floyd, DT Florida- This is a little high for him but he really seems to be shooting up the boards now that teams have had lots of time evaluating his game film. The Raiders are a mess so a good place to start rebuilding is right down the middle. Floyd should be able to collapse the pocket with his quickness and strength.

4. Philadelphia Eagles- Luke Joeckel, OT Texas A&M- Best player available. Donít rule out an unexpected pick. I can see Chip being a real wild card in the next few years by taking players that have everyone scratching their head until the season starts and they play well to make him look like a genius.

5. Detroit Lions- Damontre Moore, DE Texas A&M- Back to back Aggies! Moore will slide right in KVBís old spot and provide more heat off the edge then he did and also provide better run support then most DEís coming out of college do. Great bookend to Avril who I think they will keep for at least this year.

6. Cleveland Browns- Jarvis Jones, OLB Georgia- The Browns have some pieces to work with on the line of the new 3-4 but they donít have anybody to rush off the edge next to Sheard. Jones is the most explosive pass rusher in this draft and until he fails his medical check Iím going to keep him ranked high. Plus I know Lombardi is a huge believer in the ďpass rush and QB play wins gamesĒ mantra.

7. Arizona Cardinals- Eric Fisher, OT Central Michigan- I know the Cards took a few linemen last year that showed promise towards the end of the year but that was with another coaching staff. Fisher should develop into a top half left tackle. With the new rookie wage scale that is an incredible value at such an expensive position.

8. Buffalo Bills- Cordarrelle Patterson, WR Tennessee- Bills fanís wont like the pick and I wouldnít either. But the GM said he wants a game breaker at WR and a Franchise QB. With no Franchise QBís worthy of this pick they get Patterson. Iím not as high on him as most but with todayís rules its easier for receivers to make an impact right away as they donít have to fight through muggings as they used to (thanks Bill Polian).

9. New York Jets- Bjoern Werner, OLB Florida State- Iím not sure if he has enough pure athletic ability to be able to drop in coverage and play in space but the Jets are willing to take the risk. And letís be honest, he really will only drop in coverage 4-5 times a game. Let him crash off the edge. Rex has also been using more 4-3 looks the past few years so that will help Werner ease into the pro game.

10. Tennesse Titans- Demarcus Millner, CB Alabama- BPA at a position of need. Might not have the deep speed to be a true lock down corner but he is long and physical so he matches up well with larger receivers.

11. San Diego Chargers- Chance Warmack, OG Alabama- New coach and GM start out their reign with a safe pick. Warmack might be the best player in the draft and should become a regular in Hawaii. Will help slow down all the A-Gap blitzes that teams killed Rivers with all year.

12. Miami Dolphins- Johnathan Hankins, DT that team from Ohio- I gave him to the phins for a few reasons. 1. Ireland comes from the Parcells branch. He was a big believer in the ďplanet theoryĒ (only few men on this planet that are that big and that athletic). 2. Starks is an FA that might have prices himself out with his solid play. 3. Fireland loves Big 10 players. Look it up.

13. Tampa Bay Bucs- Ezekiel Ansah, DE BYU- Yes CB is a bigger need but not by much. Ansah is a better value then the next ranked CBís and itís not like DE isnít a position of need. Their best DE is an FA and their next 2 best DEís are coming off injury/legal troubles.

14. Carolina Panthers- Kenny Vaccaro, Safety Texas- BPA at a position of need. Much like the Bucs they take a better player at a slightly lesser position of need (DT) Vaccaro has the skill set to play multi positions depending on the package (FS,SS, NCB, NLB). With the depth of DT in this draft and FA the Panthers couldnít pass up the top player at this position.

15. New Orleans Saints- Dion Jordan, OLB Oregon. Freak athlete that has potential to be a truly special player. High risk, high reward but that fits what Sean Payton is all about.

16. St. Louis Rams- Lane Johnson, OT Oklahoma. Here come all the ďfisher doesnít draft oline in first roundĒ comments but hear me out. Unlike in Tennesse Fisher has a GM that has a lot of say (Les Snead). And unlike most LTís that come out nowadays Johnson plays with a nasty, borderline dirty aggression that will appeal to the coach that has his team play borderline dirty.

17. Pittsburg Steelers- Barkevious Mingo, OLB LSU. Mingo isnít as big and stout at the point of attack as the players the Steelers usually have at OLB but he does offer pure blinding speed. He also doesnít get enough credit for having a non stop motor. Give him a year or two with this Flagship team and he should be able to turn into a stud.

18. Dallas Cowboys- Sheldon Richardson, DT Missouri. As a Giants fan this kills me. I wanted him to drop one more spot as I think he is going to turn into a really good player. It will suck to watch him destroy our interior twice a year if he does end up with the Boyís.

19. New York Giants- Johnthan Banks, CB Mississippi State. I would much prefer it if the Gmen took Ogletree or Fluker but I donít see it happening. The team just doesnít draft LBís or Olineís in the first round. The last OT taken was Luke Pettigout in 99. I think the last LBís taken in round one was Carl Banks and that was in the mid 80ís. Banks fitís what we look for in cbís, he is tall, willing to support the run, and will make plays on the ball. Plus I think his 40 time will be just slow enough to seal the deal.

20. Chicago Bears- Jonathan Cooper, OG/C North Carolina. BPA and will be able to start at either OG spot or even Center from day one. His pulling ability and athleticism in space fits the new scheme perfectly.

21. Cincinnati Bengals- Manti Teío, LB Notre Dame. Teío is a better fit in the middle but he can play SLB if they decide to move Burfict there. Bigger, run stopping LBís are at a premium in the true black and blue division. Teío is sort of turning into a Tebow, doesnít matter what team you give him to the fans will complain.

22. St. Louis Rams- Keenan Allen, WR California. I wasnít going to mock a WR to the Rams until I saw them claim (and release) Young. This to me shows that they still want to upgrade the position. Quick was raw coming out and was expect to take a year or two to adapt to the NFL before becoming a # 1. Givens is a burner but might only be 2 or 3 type of guy. That brings us to Allen. He wonít blow anyone away with his speed but he isnít slow, has great hands, quick out of breaks and is savy. Will be a low end # 1, top # 2.

23. Minnesota Vikings- Desmond Trufant, CB Washington. Trufant has potential to become a very good # 1 cb. He can play both man and zone. The depth at WR is better then the depth at Cbís this year. His good size will help match up against Megatron, Marshall and the Packer army twice a year.

24. Indianapolis Colts- D.J. Fluker, RT Alabama. A bit of a shock but it shouldnít be. Call this the JJ Watt effect. Anyone who watched the Houston games this year had to cover their eyes from embarrassment by the way Watt single handedly killed the Colts game plan by collapsing the right side on almost every play. Fluker has the strength and the long arms to slow him down and maybe even winning a few plays against him.

25. Seattle Seahawks- Alec Ogletree, LB Georgia. Another minor shock! Carroll is all about speed and Ogletree has that in abundance. They will play him at the Will and keep K.J Wright at Strong side, Wagner at MLB. Ogletree can move to the middle if Wagner gets hurt. I donít think his off the field issues will be a problem for Coach Carroll.

26. Green Bay Packers- Jonathan Cyprien, Safety Florida International. The Pack got exposed down the middle last year and Cyprien is a perfect fit to help remedy that. The Packers are all bout turnovers and his ball-hawking skills will only add to that. He will help stop the big plays given up by the D and he will help get the ball back to Rogers and Co. so they can put up more points. That noise you just heard is the shuddering all 31 other teams are doing right now.

27. Houston Texans- DeAndre Hopkins, WR Clemson. A tad reach for Hopkins but he fills a top need, and he is a pretty good player. I think Owner McNair is going to have a say in this pick as I have read it in a few different places that he believes they need another threat at WR.

28. Denver Broncos- Kawann Short, DT Purdue. With the speed they have on the ends and at the under tackle (Wolf) on passing downs, Short will be the anchor that takes the double team inside and help funnel the QB to the ends. Teams will be throwing to play catch up to Manning. I pity the opposing teams QBís.

29. New England Patriots- Xavier Rhodes, CB Florida State. It seems like the Pats are always looking for corner help. Both Talib and Dennard played well but they have off field issues and Talib isnít guaranteed to get resigned. Rhodes is the best player left at a position of need for the Pats.

30. Atlanta Falcons- Alex Okafor, DE Texas. Okafor will be a good strong side end for the Falcons as he also plays the run well. Abraham is still getting it done as a rush end and they have some young prospects for that role too so Okafor provides a different skill set.

31. San Francisco 49ers- Zach Ertz, TE Stanford. Again this is a bit of a shock but they are probably loosing Walker this off season and the 49ers love to play with 2 TE sets. Ertz is a well rounded TE and he could step up and be a # 1 if Davis were to go down. San Fran is deep at almost every position so they really can go BPA. Good value.

32. Baltimore Ravens- Kevin Minter, ILB LSU. Congrats to the champs! Lbís are so important to the Ravens D and they might be loosing both starting ILBís this off season. Minter can be plugged in right away and even provide an upgrade as he isnít a liability in coverage like his predecessor and is also an effective blitzer

Round 2

33. Jacksonville- Menelik Watson, OT Florida State. The Jags grab this fast rising in state prospect to bookend Monroe. He has only been playing football for a few years but he is already a beast in the run game. Give him a year or two and he will be a stud.

34. Kansas City- Jesse Williams, DE/NT Alabama. He can compete with Poe to see who is going to play end or on the Nose. Might be strongest player in draft.

35. Philadelphia- E.J Manuel, QB Florida State. High upside player with the skill set to develop into a starting QB with Chip Kellyís system.

36. Detroit- Logan Ryan, CB Rutgers. Underrated CB that can play man and zone. Fills a dire need of the Lions.

37. Cincinnati- Tavon Austin, WR West Virginia. With his quickness and deep speed Austin should be able to hit a few homeruns for the Bengals by working out of the slot, out of the backfield or even in the return game. The popular pick here is Bernard but I think Austin will provide the same explosive plays except he is more versatile.

38. Arizona- Mike Glennon, QB N.C. State- New Coach new QB. Glennon has to work on his decision making and intermediate accuracy but his size and deep arm fit the bill for what Arians looks for in a QB.

39. Cleveland- Supplemental draft

40. NY Jets- Eddie Lacey, RB Alabama. The Jets like to run the ball more then most teams except they donít have anyone that can gain more then 3 yards a pop. Lacey is big, quick and has some make you miss ability. Will be able to handle full time duty to take pressure of Sanchez.

41. Tennesse- Larry Warford, OG Kentucky. Do I need to explain this pick? Highly rated player at a position of need.

42. Buffalo- Matt Barkley, QB USC. He is probably taking more heat then he deserves. Might not have the cannon that Bills fans want but his arm isnít weak. Besides the Bills are moving to a wide open west coast system that puts more emphasis on accuracy and timing. Picture the Saints to get an idea about how they want to look.

43. Miami- Tyler Eifert, TE Notre Dame. Great value at a position of need. They have to give Tannehill more weapons if he is to take the next step. Has the size and frame to become a good blocker with some coaching but will make his money in the red zone.

44. Tampa Bay- Jordan Poyer, CB Oregon State. Has great ball skills and the strength to play some press man coverage. Good fit for the scheme.

45. Carolina- Justin Hunter, WR Tennessee. By the time the season starts it will almost have been 2 years since his injury. I believe he will heal enough to show why he was considered a top 10 pick before he got hurt. Steve Smith is turning 47 soon and the Panthers donít have much else behind him. Give Cam another down field threat.

46. New Orleans- Forfeit

47. San Diego- Will Davis, CB Utah State. Quick name me the Chargers top two Cbís? Now name me the ones that arenít FAís/ ancient? If they want to have any chance at overtaking Manning and the Broncoís they need to get some guys who can cover.

48. St.Louis- Eric Reid, Safety LSU. Iím not as high on Reid as others but physically he has everything you want for the position. If the Rams can get him to be more instinctive or trust what he seeís more then they will have themselves a real player.

49. Dallas- Sam Montgomery, DE LSU. Like Okafor for the Falcons Montgomery will be the strong side power end for Dallas. Might never be a 12 sack plus player but if he should be in the 8-10 range and a plus player against the run.

50. Pittsburgh- Jonathan Jenkins, NT Georgia. Yes they still have last years pick Taíamu on the roster but he is more of a back up/rotational player. With a little better conditioning and positional coaching Jenkins can become a stud at the all too important 34 Nose.

51. NY Giants- Bennie Logan, DT LSU. Tempted to give the Gmen Khaseem Greene but I canít see JR passing on this talented DT. He is still growing into his body but he has a quick first step and should be able to help provide a push up the middle that has been lacking for the past few years.

52. Chicago- Kiko Alonso, MLB Oregon. This guy will shoot up the rankings after the combine. He is 6í4, 245 and has great speed. But he isnít just a workout warrior. Check out his production the past two years. He is next in the long line of star MLBís for the bears.

53. Washington- Matt Elam, Safety Florida. Elam is a little short so he might need help on the bigger TEís but other then that he has everything else. Speed, instincts, toughness, production. He is like a heat seeker in run support. Should become a good player for the Skins.

54. Minnesota- Terrance Williams, WR Baylor. The Vikings have some short, speedy guys like Harvin and Wright but they are lacking a bigger bodied guy that can make some plays down the field. Williams isnít a pure burner but he is so smooth and has enough size, speed to stretch the field and take advantage of the single coverage A.D. will provide for him.

55. Cincinnati- Phillip Thomas, Safety Fresno State. Thomas led the NCAA in INTís this year but he isnít just a center fielder. He also had over 80 tackles (12 for loss) and forced 4 fumbles. This game is becoming more and more about getting turnovers and Thomas seems to have the knack to come up with them.

56. Miami- David Amerson, CB/S N.C. State. What no receiver? Relax. Everyone in the world knows the fish are going to grab one in FA. Plus they believe the system makes the WR as much as his talent does. Amerson has the size to match up with bigger WRís and has the ball skills of one. Nice replacement for Smith if they canít resign him.

57. Green Bay- Giovani Bernard, RB North Carolina. Explosive. Will add an element that is lacking in the Packers back field. His return abilities will also help keep Cobb fresher as he wonít have to do so much double duty.

58. Seattle- Datone Jones, DE UCLA. Strong DE that plays with good leverage. Can kick inside on passing downs. Good scheme fit.

59. Houston- Barrett Jones, RB/RT/C Alabamba. Jones would probably start out at RG and force Ben Jones to compete for starting center, his more natural position. Barrett might even be able to play RT but I think he isnít strong enough for full time duty there. At the very least he can start at one spot and move all over the line incase of injury so the team has their top players on the field.

60. Denver- Khaseem Green- LB Rutgers. Green falls due to depth at more important positions but he is a great pick both for need and value. They can try him out in the middle first and if he doesnít fit they can move him to the weak side. He also provides insurance if the Broncos cut Williams and his huge salary.

61. New England- Robert Woods, WR USC. Like Barkley Woods is taking more criticism then he should. Instead of sitting out half the season he played on an injured ankle and killed his draft stock. I think with his route running, speed and quickness he will be a perfect # 2 receiver in the NFL.

62. Atlanta- Kyle Long, OG Oregon. Long is raw but he has fantastic bloodlines and his upside is nice. Should be able to start at RG early in his career and can even play some OT in a pinch. He will also bring back some of the nastiness the Falcons lost when Dahl left for the Rams.

63. San Fransico- Margus Hunt, DE SMU. Captain comeback meet Captain upside. Again the 49ers donít have too many glaring needs and the potential of Hunt was too much to pass up for lesser talent. They can ease him in this year with an eye towards starting in a year or two after he has bulked up and learned technique.

64. Baltimore- Baccarri Rambo, Safety Georgia. Sure he has some red flags but the guy is a stud. Like I said before this league is all about the turnover now and Rambo gets them in bunches. I believe the Ravens have enough leadership from the front office, coaches and core players to keep him in check.

Round 3

65. Kansas City- Markus Wheaton, WR Oregon State. Smith or whoever is playing QB will need some weapons to catch the ball. Wheatonís size wonít be a problem for Reid and his speed and run after the catch ability fit the scheme perfectly.

66. Jacksonville- Arthur Brown, OLB Kansas State. Jacksonville might have the least talented team in the NFL and need help at almost every position. Brown slides a bit because of size issues and positional importance but he should be able to start from day one and help upgrade the team speed of the defense.

67. Detroit- Andre Ellington, RB Clemson. Should be able to play the Jahvid Best role and hit some big plays against all of the 7 man fronts Megatron gives to the run game. Might only be a 10 touch per game guy but thatís all he needs to make an impact.

68. Oakland- Jamar Taylor CB, Boise State. He doesnít run a 4.2 so Al wouldnít take him but he isnít slow either. He can play man and zone and he always played his best when he went against better competition. Did well at senior bowl week.

69. Philadelphia- Kwame Geathers, NT Georgia. Has the size and power to play the nose in a 34 but he isnít going to dominate. The type of guy that starts for you but you always seem to want to upgrade. Will help the Eagles with the transition to the 3-4.

70. Cleveland- Kevin Reddick, ILB North Carolina. Reddick has the size to be able to play inside in a 3-4. He is fast and a very effective blitzer from the middles. New DC Ray Horton loves to blitz his inside guys into the A-gap. Fits a big need.

71. Arizona- Tank Carradine, OLB Florida State. Might not be able to play this year coming of an ACL but he is worth the risk. I know Cardinal fans are afraid this might be another OíBrien Schofield but Tank was getting first round talk before the injury. Could be a huge steal in a year.

72. Tennessee- T.J. McDonald- Safety USC. McDonald is one of the hardest hitting safetyís in the country this year. He might be better against the run to start but he has the tools become a more complete player with coaching and experience.

73. Buffalo- Corey Lemonier- OLB Auburn. Lemonier was an explosive pass rusher before an ankle injury took away his best trait Ė his speed. The Bills will be playing a hybrid 3-4 this year and will need some OLB/DE tweeners to help with the transition.

74. NY Jets- Quinton Patton, WR Louisiana Tech. The Jets need help at WR in a big way. Holmes is crazy and is coming off a major injury, Hill was so raw coming out that he is still another year or so away from becoming a consistent player, Kerley is okay in the slot but thatís it. Patton is very productive and looks to be pro ready. He is also good at coming down with contested balls, that will come in handy with Sanchez throwing to him.

75. Tampa Bay- Gavin Escobar, TE San Diego State. Itís no secret that the Bucs want to upgrade the TE position. Escobar has the tools to become a top shelf player if he puts in the work. Has the speed to stretch the cover 2 seam and make plays after the catch.

76. San Francisco- D.J. Swearinger, Safety South Carolina. Finally a ďneedĒ pick by the 9ers. Swearinger has some buzz building around him and his aggressive, heat seeking mentality fits into what Harbaugh looks for. A younger, cheaper, quicker replacement for Whitner.

77. New Orleans- Branden Williams, NT Missouri Southern. Another guy that helped his stock by playing in the senior bowl. A great fit as a nose the 3-4 that Ryan is going to run because he has more pass rush ability then most NTís his size.

78. San Diego- DaíRick Rogers, WR Tennessee Tech. Sure he has some off field issues but he seems to have put them behind him for now. They have to give Rivers more weapons and Rogers has the toughness that the other receivers on the roster are lacking.

79. Miami- Ryan Swope, WR Texas A&M. We know he is a good scheme fit but that isnít the only reason why the Dolphins pick him. He really came on down the stretch and but up some huge games against some great secondaryís. He can replace Hartline and become a good # 2 behind whoever they sign in FA.

80. St. Louis- Sylvester Williams, DT North Carolina. Good value this late for a DT that has the potential to start in his second year. Fisher loves to rotate his line to keep them fresh and when you play 4 games against San Fran and Seattle you need to have lots of depth at DT to slow down their running games.

81. Pittsburgh- Stepfan Taylor, RB Stanford. Taylor is a 3 down RB that can do it all. Rush, catch, block. He is more shifty then he gets credit for and he has good speed. His ability to catch out of the back field is a plus to a Todd Haley offence.

82. Dallas- Travis Frederick, OG/C Wisconsin. Frederick has the size that Dallas likes (6í4, 340) and the ability to play both guard and center. As any Cowboyís fan can tell you his versatility is a major plus considering all the injuries they have had to the interior of the ling these past few years.

83. NY Giants- Dallas Thomas, OG/T Tennessee. A good replacement at LG for Booth and can even play a little Tackle in a pinch. I mean if Dheil can start for them at LT then we are willing to play anyone there.

84. Miami- Montee Ball, RB Wisconsin. Bush likely wonít be back and I can see Thomas getting cut or demoted deep down the bench. Ball will be a nice compliment to the flashy speed of Miller. He is a more complete back as he can catch and block and is great at the goal line.

85. Minnesota- J.J. Wilcox, Safety Georgia Southern. More speed and playmaking ability to help combat the high power passing games of the NFC North.

86. Cincinnati- Mike Gillislee, RB Florida. Here you go Bengal fans, a fast RB to split time with Law firm. Gillislee is projected to run in the 4.4ís and he has a nice jump cut. With Austin and now Gillislee in the fold the team speed as really increased which may even help Green see the odd single coverage.

87. Washington- Leon McFadden, CB San Diego State. More Secondary help for the Skins to help strengthen their biggest weakness.

88. Indianapolis- Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB Connecticut. Has good size/speed and played well at the Senior Bowl. The colts need help on the back end.

89. Seattle- Stedman Bailey, WR West Virginia. Doesnít have the size to be a true # 1 for the Seahawks but he is very fast, polished and productive and has great hands. Might become deadly on improvised or broken plays once Russell Wilson breaks out of the pocket.

90. Green Bay- Brian Schwenke, Center California. The Packers will groom him to become the long time Center to grow up with Rogers. Fits the scheme well.

91. Houston- Montori Hughes, NT Tennessee Martin. Has the size (6í4, 330) and the athleticism to man the nose for the Texans. His good showing at the Senior Bowl improved his stock.

92. Denver- Kenny Stills, WR Oklahoma. You can never give Peyton too many weapons and he has the quickness and skill to become the long time slot corner. How many more years can Stokley play? I remember watching him kill Jason Seahorn in the super bowl and that was in 2000!

93. New England- Chris Faulk, OT LSU. Before his injury Faulk was getting first round consideration. I think Pats find a way to keep the injury prone Vollmer for this year and then let some other team over pay for him. After sitting and learning for a year Faulk will be ready to step in.

94. Atlanta- Travis Kelce, TE Cincinnati. I doubt that Gonzo comes back and even if he does it will only be for one year. The TE is an important cog in the Falcons offense. Kelce has very good speed for the position and his 6í6 height will be nice in the red zone. Kelce is also a more advanced blocker then most tight ends coming out now days.

95. San Francisco- Terry Hawthorne, CB Illinois. Hawthorne has good size 6í/ 190 and should run under 4.5. He is at his best in man but can also play zone. Physical player and was maybe the best defender at the east-west shrine game.

96. Baltimore- Cobi Hamilton, WR Arkansas. Hamilton isnít a burner but he has some speed and he is willing to take a hit to make the catch. Has good size and nice hands. May become Boldins replacement.

Round 4

97. Jacksonville- Tharold Simon, CB LSU. Simon has the height (6í2) that Bradley likes in his CBís so they can play bump and run. The Jags also have age/FA issues with their corners.

98. Kansas City- Jordan Reed, TE Florida. Reed is more of an H back then TE but he does have the speed and athletic ability to provide miss matches on lbís and safetyís. He will be useless as an inline blocker but thatís not what he is being drafted for. A chain mover in a west coast offence.

99. Oakland- Brandon Jenkins, DE Florida State. Like Tank Carradine Jenkins is coming off an injury but unlike tank Brandonís was a broken bone that should be healed by the time training camp starts. Jenkins should be able to provide speed off the edge that Oakland is in dire need of. They may even play him as a SLB like they did with state alum Kamerion Wimbley until he learns to play the run better.

100. Philadelphia- Darius Slay, CB Miss State. Banks gets all of the attention but Slay is a nice prospect of his own. He has good size and length and he makes plays on the ball. Helps fill a big need for the Eagles.

101. Minnesota- Tyler Wilson, QB Arkansas. Seeing how brittle Ponder is it makes great sense to have a top back up. We all saw Joe Webb isnít the answer. Wilson not only will be a great back up but he will push Ponder as Iím sure he isnít threatened by any other QB on the team. Might even become starter in his second year.

102. Arizona- Ryan Otten, TE San Jose State. Last year Arians ran a lot of 2 TE sets and he used to run them with the Steelers though not as much. I think he will do that here too as the Cards will have a young QB playing and more TEís help out the oline by blocking and by showing them if the D is playing zone or man. Otten will play the Dwayne Allen role and Housler can be the Coby Fleener.

103. Cleveland- Ryan Nassib, QB Syracuse. We all have heard by now that before he was the GM, Lombardi said he didnít like Weeden. I donít think they give up on him this year but letís just say he is on a one year show me deal. Maybe Chud and Turner can turn Nassib into a starter. At least he can be a good back up.

104. Buffalo- B.W. Webb, CB William & Mary. What would an NFL draft be without the Bills taking a CB? To be fair they did have some turnover this off season at the CB position so they do need to restock the depth. Webb stood out at the senior bowl and he had a good career at a smaller school. Has the look of a slot corner, but that isnít a bad thing as its turning into a starting position now days.

105. New York Jets- Xavier Nixon, RT Florida. I donít think he will ever be able to play the left side but he is a nice RT. He is a bull dozer in the run game and with some techniques corrections he can become a good pass blocking RT.

106. Tennessee- Joseph Randle, RB Oklahoma State. The Titans need another RB to help lessen the load on CJ. Ringer wonít be back and Harper hasnít shown much yet.

107. Carolina- Jordan Hill, DT Penn State. Like most Penn State players Hill flew under the radar a bit this year but as the draft season gets deeper I can see him rising into the 3rd. He plays the run better then his size would suggest and he also provides some heat up the middle. Nice need pick and great value for the Panthers.

108. New Orleans- Devin Taylor, DE South Carolina. More help for the 3-4 conversion. Taylor will need to put on another 20-30 pounds but in time he will develop into a serviceable starter at end for the Saints. His 6í8 height will also come in handy on special teams as he might be able to get his paws on some kicks.

109. San Diego- Terron Armstead, OT Arkansas-Bluff. One of the top small school OT prospects this year. Has the size and feet to develop into a starting LT.

110. Miami- Brennan Williams- RT North Carolina. It seems like the fish are going to move ahead with Martin at LT. I think they will have to replace him in a year but for now he is their best option. Williams fits the planet theory again as he is 6í7/320 and will only get stronger in the NFL. He is a devastating run blocker and a plus pass blocker. Unless he is injured he should be the opening day starter.

111. Tampa- Brandon McGee, CB Miami. The Bucs stay in state with the double dip at CB. McGee is still a little inconsistent but he has the size (6í/190) plus the speed (4.4ís) to play the press/man coverage that Schiano is trying to run.

112. St. Louis- LeíVeon Bell, RB Michigan State. Jackson is most likely done with the Rams so Fisher will need to bring in some beef. Richardson and Pead are smaller, quicker backs that can break off some big gains but Bell can be the hammer to soften up the D for those guys. Fishers new Lendale White. Letís just hope he lays of the tequila.

113. Dallas- Alvin Bailey, OG/RT Arkansas. More interior help for the boys who might even be able to play some RT. Plus Jerry loves him some Razerbacks.

114. Pittsburgh- Marcus Davis, WR Virginia Tech. The Steelers have a bunch of small guys but nobody with size. Thatís where Davis comes in. At 6í4 and projected to run in the high 4.4ís he can become the weapon that Big Ben has been missing in the red zone and help stretch the field like Wallace did. Just donít expect too much from him in his rookie year.

115. NY Giants- A.J. Klein, MLB Iowa State. Klein has the Giants written all over him. He isnít slow but nobody would say he is fast, he is big and is willing to take on blocks, not the most athletic but has great instincts and a non stop motor. That pretty much sums up every MLB for the Giants that I can remember with the exception of Mike Barrow.

116. Chicago- David Bakhtiari, OT Colorado. Needs to put on another 10 pounds but he has long arms and good feet. He has started over 30 games so he has a lot of experience. Fits the new scheme and in time he should be able to beat out Webb for the starting LT.

117. Cincinnati- John Simon, DE Ohio State. Simon is a little short but he uses that to get good leverage. May never be a starter but a good player to put in the rotation as he can play the run as well as rush the passer. Never hurts the fan base to take a local boy.

118. Washington- Justin Pugh, OG/OT Syracuse. The slide stops here for the t-rex armed Syracuse product. With his size limitation he might be better playing inside in a zone scheme, like the Skins use. He did have a good college career playing tackle so the Skins should try him out first at right tackle (need) until he proves that he canít play it.

119. Minnesota- Joe Vellano, DT Maryland. Vellano is a little under sized and might not become a full time player but he would be great in a rotation as an under tackle. Look at his production the past few years in the ACC. 218 tackles, 32 for loss and 13.5 sacks. He is very good at knifing thru the line.

120. Indianapolis- Chase Thomas, OLB Stanford. Thomas was a nice player at Stanford and he will help out at a position of need for the Colts. He can provide some heat on the passer and he has the strength and toughness to set the edge against the run. Also has value on special teams.

121. Green Bay- Jamie Collins- OLB Southern Mississippi. This is about the time in the draft that Ted likes to look at small school LBís and Collins is a nice choice as a pass rushing specialist. Look at his numbers for the past two years. 190 tackles, 39.5 for loss, 16.5 sacks, 5 forced fumbles and 13 batted passes. Nice fit behind Mathews and Perry.

122. Seattle- Joseph Fauria, TE UCLA. TE isnít a huge need for them but the Hawks are deep at most places and Coach Pete is always stressing the need for competition at every position. Fauria is a big target and he should beat out McCoy for the # 2 TE and top back up to Miller. Another tall, red zone weapon for the shorter Wilson to see flash open over the big uglies.

123. Houston- Tony Jefferson, Safety Oklamoma. Jefferson will start out as a SS in certain packages that will allow him to play close to the line. He will also be a gunner and top special teams coverage player. With some proper coaching he should be able to become a complete safety and an eventual starter.

124. Denver- Dwayne Gratz, CB Connecticut. The other CB from UConn, Gratz has some size and speed and should provide some depth and solid special teams play. You can never have too many corners.

125. Tampa Bay- Jawan Jamison, RB Rutgers. Reunited and it feels so good! Jamison isnít the player Martin is but they have similar size and running style and Iím sure coach Schiano would feel comfortable adding him to the rotation with last years 7th round pick Mike Smith as I doubt Blount will be on the opening day roster.

126. Atlanta- Stefphon Jefferson, RB Nevada. I believe Jefferson finished 2nd or third in rushing this year so he has proven productivity. On top of that he runs with nice power, breaks tackles and has some quickness to break off some nice runs. I believe he will jump ahead of Rogers, who I think is one of the least explosive, ďexplosiveĒ backs in the league.

127. San Francisco- Jasper Collins, WR Mount Union. San Fran becomes the latest team to hit the WR factory that is Mount Union. And like the other alumni (Garcon, Shorts) Collins has deep speed and excellent run after the catch ability. The genius of Roman and Harbaugh will ease him in slowly and put him in formations where he wonít have to read too many keys or beat tight man coverage this year but by next year he should develop into a key second or third receiver behind Crabtree.

128. Baltimore- Tyrann Mathiew, CB LSU. I know another player full of red flags. But like I said with Rambo I believe the Ravens have enough key people in the organization to keep Mathiew in check. And coming off a Super Bowl win you have a little more freedom to take some risks. I think Mathiew is the new prototype of the slot corner. He has the size, quickness and toughness of Courtland Finnegan to shut down the slot WR and the amazing playmaking ability of Charles Woodson. He can blitz, cover, play the run, forces fumbles and has a nose for the end zone when he gets his hands on the ball. On top of all that he is a game breaking return man.
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please no. Moore is not what you're cracking him up to be.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your explanation on the Titans in the 1st is so wrong. CB is not really a position of need. McCourty and Verner are a good young duo. Another CB would be great but not this high. Sheldon Richardson should be the pick. Great 2nd round pick. The 3rd round pick is horrible. McDonald is straight trash. Terrible instincts and nothing about him is very good. DJ Swearinger should be the pick. Very good 4th round pick.
The Gnat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the Vikings, solid first, don't see them taking a CB that early just because of the defense they run, but is a solid enough player. Second is good, and third is solid, would prefer to see a LB there. Or a NT. QB is round four is possible, but not likely, and I think fairly unlikely that Wilson will be there, I could see him in round one more likely. The last fourth isn't so hot, UT rotation isn't all that great a pick, when the DT position of need is NT, and the lack of LB in this draft makes it below average.

INbengalfan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could live with all of it except Austin. We need a speedy guy that plays outside, not the slot. Hunter or Terrance Williams would look good at that point.
meixdaddy_10

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be better for MN
Im ok with a CB in RD1 as long as weíre keeping Harvin.

RD2 is a good pick but with LB Arthur Brown still on the board it is a no brainer( donít think heíll last that long)

RD3 is perfect

RD4A- Im ok with taking a flier on a QB..usually the Vikes take someone who should have gone higher with their 4th and Wilson fits the bill( again think hes gone before this)..Option 2 could be G Bailey

RD4B- If WR Dobson or Mellette are on the board I think one is the pick. I donít think WR is an early need like most unless Harvin is gone. We have plenty of options at UT we need a bigger body 1 tech. Donít see any that fit the bill here.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: 4 round pre combine mock with detailed analysis for all Reply with quote

ottawagiants10 wrote:

32. Baltimore Ravens- Kevin Minter, ILB LSU. Congrats to the champs! Lbís are so important to the Ravens D and they might be loosing both starting ILBís this off season. Minter can be plugged in right away and even provide an upgrade as he isnít a liability in coverage like his predecessor and is also an effective blitzer

Great pick.
Quote:

64. Baltimore- Baccarri Rambo, Safety Georgia. Sure he has some red flags but the guy is a stud. Like I said before this league is all about the turnover now and Rambo gets them in bunches. I believe the Ravens have enough leadership from the front office, coaches and core players to keep him in check.

Ok pick based on who is left on the board.

Quote:
96. Baltimore- Cobi Hamilton, WR Arkansas. Hamilton isnít a burner but he has some speed and he is willing to take a hit to make the catch. Has good size and nice hands. May become Boldins replacement.

Not a fan here. I don't think Hamilton gives us anything more than Tandon Doss does. We have a pretty deep WR corps so if we end up taking a WR, it'll have to be some big steal type of guy. Brandon Jenkins would be a better pick here I think.

Quote:
128. Baltimore- Tyrann Mathiew, CB LSU. I know another player full of red flags. But like I said with Rambo I believe the Ravens have enough key people in the organization to keep Mathiew in check. And coming off a Super Bowl win you have a little more freedom to take some risks. I think Mathiew is the new prototype of the slot corner. He has the size, quickness and toughness of Courtland Finnegan to shut down the slot WR and the amazing playmaking ability of Charles Woodson. He can blitz, cover, play the run, forces fumbles and has a nose for the end zone when he gets his hands on the ball. On top of all that he is a game breaking return man.

Guarantee he's already off of our draft board. We don't take in guys who repeatedly make mistakes. We value character very highly. Not a chance he lands in Baltimore even as a UDFA (look no further than Vontaze Burfict last season).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mingo won't be there when Pittsburgh picks but I would love it. Don't like Taylor in the 3rd If we go RB there I'd rather have Ball.

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
ottawagiants10

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Your explanation on the Titans in the 1st is so wrong. CB is not really a position of need. McCourty and Verner are a good young duo. Another CB would be great but not this high. Sheldon Richardson should be the pick. Great 2nd round pick. The 3rd round pick is horrible. McDonald is straight trash. Terrible instincts and nothing about him is very good. DJ Swearinger should be the pick. Very good 4th round pick.

Isn't Verner going to be an FA next year? Plus like you said they are good but not great. You cant blame all the coverage issues on the safetys. Personally I think Millner is a better value and will almost certainly go higher then Richardson.
ottawagiants10

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gnat wrote:
For the Vikings, solid first, don't see them taking a CB that early just because of the defense they run, but is a solid enough player. Second is good, and third is solid, would prefer to see a LB there. Or a NT. QB is round four is possible, but not likely, and I think fairly unlikely that Wilson will be there, I could see him in round one more likely. The last fourth isn't so hot, UT rotation isn't all that great a pick, when the DT position of need is NT, and the lack of LB in this draft makes it below average.

To be honest the main reason why I have Wilson in the fourth is because I kind of forgot about him in the third
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cowboys fan here. If this happened I would be happy as all He!!
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ottawagiants10 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

Isn't Verner going to be an FA next year? Plus like you said they are good but not great. You cant blame all the coverage issues on the safetys. Personally I think Millner is a better value and will almost certainly go higher then Richardson.

Verner is a FA but I doubt he goes anywhere. Actually you can blame it on the safeties. It's a combination of the safeties and the pass-rush. Our CB duo is good. Add in Coty Sensabaugh who was drafted last year played pretty good at times. Just because their not great, doesn't mean we need to instantly upgrade it. How about upgrading the positions that suck first. We need a pass-rushing DT to combine with the space eater Jurrell Casey. Richardson is exactly that. I'd take a safety in the 1st round before I'd take a CB.
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good draft with Patterson, Barkley, and Lemoiner.. Fills top 3 needs bit tbh don't know much on B.W Webb
jets512

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Switch Jordan for Werner and you get an A+ from me for the jets draft.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

our secondary was probably the worst in nfl history last year and we don't address it until the 4th round?

Something wrong with that picture?

No offensive players only defensive ones please.

Matts4313 wrote:
How drunk on you?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: