Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Peter King if you want Milliner move to #4
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Peter King if you want Milliner move to #4 Reply with quote

Quote:
@SI_PeterKing

If you want the draft's top CB, Dee Milliner, you'll probably have to trade ahead of Detroit at 5 to get him.

Quote:
I'll give day-one starting left tackle Joeckel to the Chiefs at one, Jones and his freaky 24.5 tackles for loss in 2012 to Jacksonville at two (provided his spinal stenosis is not a huge issue), Floyd to the tackle-light and rebuilding Raiders at three, Jordan to the Eagles for a reunion with college coach Chip Kelly at four, and the most obvious pick in any draft in recent years, Milliner, to the cornerback-starved Lions at five.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130225/nfl-combine-peter-king-monday-morning-quarterback/#ixzz2Lv2isPqK

I haven't paid attention to Milliner since he has been hurt. What are your thoughts on the top 5 mock? Do you think we are targeting Milliner? Who do you want? Does Milliner's injury concern you?

Sig bet
detfan782004

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was Milliner or bust all year. Now the injury and I don't want to touch him. Tired of all the injured guys really.

In that unlikely scenario it has to be Fisher or Warmack as safest picks

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's having surgery that should keep him out through OTAs but not camp. He shouldn't miss any of the season. I don't know of any previous injuries for Milliner. This wouldn't take him off my board. He's still the top DB in the draft. And we know the Lions have tried to go after some top CBs. They tried to trade up for Peterson in 2011 and they did have talks with both Nnamdi and JJoseph in free agency, but just couldn't get it done.

My top two targets at #5 are still Warmack and Milliner.
Montana badboy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't want Milliner before the news of his injury came out, this sounds like lazy specualtion by King, which I thought he was above. I don't think we're that starved for CB that we have to take one first chance we get, unless he was elite, which I don't believe his is, I wouldn't touch him. I'd invest in the OL and DL if I was going to go defense early.

[quote="LionsFTW"]I would throw my $1300 50 inch plasma in the garbage if we drafted Fairley.[quote]
stylish313

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
He's having surgery that should keep him out through OTAs but not camp. He shouldn't miss any of the season. I don't know of any previous injuries for Milliner. This wouldn't take him off my board. He's still the top DB in the draft. And we know the Lions have tried to go after some top CBs. They tried to trade up for Peterson in 2011 and they did have talks with both Nnamdi and JJoseph in free agency, but just couldn't get it done.

Same for me. However, in the end I believe the Lions will end up with either Fisher or Ansah.
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:

Same for me. However, in the end I believe the Lions will end up with either Fisher or Ansah.

Could happen, but my top two guys are Warmack and Milliner. They are the top guys I think can be elite in this league. I would include Joeckle and Star in that group, but I don't think they make it to us.

I really don't want to touch Ansah unless we trade down. He's so raw, it scares me. Especially since our team doesn't develop talent.
stylish313

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:

Could happen, but my top two guys are Warmack and Milliner. They are the top guys I think can be elite in this league. I would include Joeckle and Star in that group, but I don't think they make it to us.

I really don't want to touch Ansah unless we trade down. He's so raw, it scares me. Especially since our team doesn't develop talent.
Warmack is as obvious of a selection as Ndamukong was. Mayhew won't pull that trigger though.
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate the "Lions ware starved at CB" talk. It is lazy. If we don't resign Houston, than its definitely a need. If we do, it would be a luxury pick IMO. We had some decent young guys last year, some of the vets like Lacey played solid. Greenwood will have a whole offseason to get in the mix. If we draft a CB top 5 and resign Houston, we wasted half of our draft last year and are admitting Bentley, Greenwood, and Green are not going to be starting material.

On top of that, if he paid attention to how the Lions draft, they go BPA and don't reach for needs, especially when there are other needs that have more talent. Very short sited.

Our team is talent deprived at DE, S, and OL.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even with Houston, it's a need. Green and Lacey didn't play as well as Lions fans want to believe. Even then, they should be depth, not starters. Greenwood was injured all season long and despite having potential, should not be depended on at this point. Getting a top CB is a need. A long waited need. And it just so happens that a top CB talent is right there at the top of the draft.

Please, don't tell me Milliner is not BPA. I guess if you are banking on developing raw guys like Jordan, Moore and Ansah, then proven talent like Warmack and Milliner are less attractive.
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
Even with Houston, it's a need. Green and Lacey didn't play as well as Lions fans want to believe. Even then, they should be depth, not starters. Greenwood was injured all season long and despite having potential, should not be depended on at this point. Getting a top CB is a need. A long waited need. And it just so happens that a top CB talent is right there at the top of the draft.

Please, don't tell me Milliner is not BPA. I guess if you are banking on developing raw guys like Jordan, Moore and Ansah, then proven talent like Warmack and Milliner are less attractive.

I don't see Milliner as BPA. There are 4 O lineman I would have ahead of him and a couple DEs. I like Milliner but he isnt the shut down CB everyone has wanted. Milliner is the top rated CB, but doesn't mean he is elite or a top 5 talent. I would be ok with the pick, but it is far from a pressing need and far from our biggest issue and hole.

As for what we have, sure I'm not counting on Greenwood to step up, but I am counting on one of Greenwood, Bentley, or Green to step up. And I am confident they will, especially if we add a safety to the mix. Our lack of solid safety play was a much bigger issue last year than our CB play.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See there are two top OL IMO, Joeckel and Warmack. I'm not high on any of the DEs. I think Star is the star of this draft and even with his heart condition, I think he goes top 4.

My big board:

1. Star Lotulelei
2. Chance Warmack
3. Luke Joeckel
4. DeMarcus Milliner

After that, it's a mosh posh of guys. All have flaws, all have question marks, none are elite.
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
See there are two top OL IMO, Joeckel and Warmack. I'm not high on any of the DEs. I think Star is the star of this draft and even with his heart condition, I think he goes top 4.

My big board:

1. Star Lotulelei
2. Chance Warmack
3. Luke Joeckel
4. DeMarcus Milliner

After that, it's a mosh posh of guys. All have flaws, all have question marks, none are elite.
I like Fisher more than Joeckel to this point. So I'd add him personally.

Why Star? He has a bad ventricle in his heart and is at a position we need the least help. I'd take Floyd over him.

Sig bet
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:

My big board:

1. Star Lotulelei
2. Chance Warmack
3. Luke Joeckel
4. DeMarcus Milliner

Why Star? He has a bad ventricle in his heart and is at a position we need the least help. I'd take Floyd over him.

It's my big board, not my board of the Lions top needs. And despite the minor blockage they found in one of Stars ventricle (44% usage instead of normal 55% usage), he's still a top talent and until word comes that his condition can't be treated (most likely diet and exercise to reudce the blockage), I'm not going to move him.

So DT isn't a need but you would rather have Floyd? Confused
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:

My big board:

1. Star Lotulelei
2. Chance Warmack
3. Luke Joeckel
4. DeMarcus Milliner

It's my big board, not my board of the Lions top needs. And despite the minor blockage they found in one of Stars ventricle (44% usage instead of normal 55% usage), he's still a top talent and until word comes that his condition can't be treated (most likely diet and exercise to reudce the blockage), I'm not going to move him.

It isn't a need but if we were to take a DT I'd rather have Floyd. That doesn't make sense?

So it's your BB not your BB for the Lions? I apologize then. I was thinking for the Lions.

Sig bet
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:

My big board:

1. Star Lotulelei
2. Chance Warmack
3. Luke Joeckel
4. DeMarcus Milliner

It isn't a need but if we were to take a DT I'd rather have Floyd. That doesn't make sense?

So it's your BB not your BB for the Lions? I apologize then. I was thinking for the Lions.

It's my big board of draftable players. It's not based speficially on needs. It's my best players available. I think Star and Joeckel will be off the board when the Lions draft. I'd love either Warmack or Milliner at 5 being BPA. They both also happen to fill a need.

After that, there's about 10 players who are in the mix for next tier down. I could see the Lions draft one of them, but I would hope they wouldn't pass on better talent to do so.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: