Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Bears Forum March Madness Challenge Rules and Signups
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:23 am    Post subject: 2013 Bears Forum March Madness Challenge Rules and Signups Reply with quote

Please scroll down to my post further down for instructions on how to sign-up and enter!

We'll get the ball rolling with sign-ups, we'll discuss rules in the very near future, but I expect them to be something of the following:

Correct guesses in:

Play-in games: 0 points
Round of 64: 1 point
Round of 32: 2 points
Round of 16: 4 points
Elite Eight: 8 points
Final Four: 16 points
Championship: 32 points

As you can see, as the difficulty increases, the reward for making a correct prediction increases as well.

Bonus points:
Correctly predict an 8-16 seed in the Final Four- 10 points
Correctly predict all Final Four Teams- 10 points
Correctly predict both championship teams- 15 points

I'm certainly up for discussion, and am ready to take signups.

Furthermore, submissions for the entirety of the tournament must be submitted before the tournament begins. You may submit anytime up until the end of the first round, but you will be at a disadvantage. You are never eligible to receive points for a game when your submission comes after the conclusion of that game, or while that game is in progress.

Absolutely no submissions will be accepted after the conclusion of the Round of 64. No exceptions.

[[BONUS]]
As I am planning on running/operating several Forum competitions per year, I would like to introduce the following new currency to the forums: Bears Poster Points. The "Forum Year" will start each year with March Madness. Preceding the NCAA tournament each year (traditionally in March), the points from the previous year will be tallied up, and the player with the most Bears Poster Points will be crowned Poster of the Year and receive a legendary, exclusive, personalized signature commemorating their leet-ness. The only way to earn Bears Poster Points is to participate in forum events run by yours truly, chisoxguy7. Points will be awarded in the following manner (points based on finish subject to change based on number of participants per event) :

Participate Actively for the FULL duration of a Forum Event/Game: 3 points
Top 10 Finish in any event (does not apply in addition to top 5): 2 bonus points
Top 5 Finish in any event (does not apply to higher tiers): 4 bonus points
3rd place finish in any event: 5 points
2nd place finish in any event: 7 points
1st place finish in any event: 10 points

There is always the possibility that some events may offer bonus Bears Poster Points based on the difficulty of the competition.

A sample league year might look like this (tentative and subject to change):

Beginning of Forum Year
NCAA Tournament/March Madness Challenge
NFL Draft Challenge
NBA Playoff Challenge
NHL Playoff Challenge
MLB Playoff Challenge
Bears Pick 'Em Challenge
Bears Postseason Pick 'Em Challenge
NFL Combine Guessing Game
Offseason Predictions Game
End of Forum Year

There is, of course, no guarantees as to any of these events happening, and this is a sample. I would like to hold as many events as possible, as well as increase activity on the Bears forum. The overall year will be designed to test posters' knowledge across several sports, including football, baseball, basketball, and hockey, as well as some wildcard events, such as horse racing, or, in some years, the Olympics.

Also, should anyone else have an idea for a Bears Forum game, I'd love to hear it/help you operate it/make it part of this circuit of events.

Here's what's on the line for this specific event, in addition to the ever-valuable Bears Poster Points (BPP):

The winner of this event will receive their choice of one of the following rewards:

A) An Exclusive NCAA Basketball / March Madness Themed Signature commemorating your victory in the 2013 Challenge

or

B) A guaranteed entry in the 2013-2014 NFC North Posters' Fantasy Football League (16 teams, 4 per forum).

I'm very anxious to find out who's gonna game and who's gonna be lame, so let's get some signups and see what you all have to say!!

Last edited by chisoxguy7 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:37 pm; edited 5 times in total
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds fun Chisox, you can count me in. Gotta love March Madness... Oh yeah, GO LOBOS!!!

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LIST OF PARTICIPANTS
1. chisoxguy7
2. pigsooie5
3. Walshy

Last edited by chisoxguy7 on Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumping this up to the top.

If you never participated in a March Madness Pick 'Em Competition, now's the time to learn! WE WILL HELP YOU, EVEN IF YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT COLLEGE BASKETBALL: YOU DON'T HAVE TO.
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is getting close, and I wanted to bump it back up for anyone who might be interested. The selection show is on Sunday the 17th, play-in games begin Sunday the 19th. Let's get these rules finalized and kick off our forum year Smile
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres gotta be more than 2 people around here that follow College Basketball, what is this!?

chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
Theres gotta be more than 2 people around here that follow College Basketball, what is this!?

A bit surprised, myself. You don't even have to follow college basketball to do March Madness.
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:

A bit surprised, myself. You don't even have to follow college basketball to do March Madness.

Seriously. I make my 16 year old sisters do a bracket!

Walshy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in. And don't think that I'm weak for choosing Indiana the whole way. I'm a big fan because my dad is an alumni.

Adopt-Bear:Jon Bostic Tackles: 56 INT:1 Sack:1
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walshy wrote:
Count me in. And don't think that I'm weak for choosing Indiana the whole way. I'm a big fan because my dad is an alumni.

Not sure how old you or your Dad are... ask him if he remembers Mr.Indiana Steve Alford. The head coach of my Lobos, I was just at a party last night with his son Bryce.

chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump! Get signed up people! Selection show is tonight!
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty confident with the draw my Lobos got, i really think were a Final four team!

CBears019

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawkeyes #3 seed!

....in the NIT.

Crying or Very sad

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, so far there's just a few of us signed up, which is a shame. You don't have to know anything about college basketball to participate, so what do you have to lose?

Remember:

Submissions for the entirety of the tournament must be submitted before the tournament begins. You may submit anytime up until the end of the first round, but you will be at a disadvantage. You are never eligible to receive points for a game when your submission comes after the conclusion of that game, or while that game is in progress.

Absolutely no submissions will be accepted after the conclusion of the Round of 64. No exceptions.

How to enter:

As I cannot think of a better way to have you guys do entries, and I don't want to direct you to a different website to fill out brackets, in order to enter the competition, I am requesting that each user submit a bracket to me through one of the following methods:

1. Print out and complete a physical copy of the bracket (which can be found here, scan it, upload it via an image hosting service (such as imageshack, tinypic, or imgur), and send the link to the image to me via PM.
2. Complete a bracket online using ESPN or CBS and link me to the entry. Should you choose this method, do not worry about your score in the CBS or ESPN challenge, as I will be scoring this contest using the following rules:

Correct guesses in:

Play-in games: 0 points
Round of 64: 1 point
Round of 32: 2 points
Round of 16: 4 points
Elite Eight: 8 points
Final Four: 16 points
Championship: 32 points

Bonus points:
Correctly predict an 8-16 seed in the Final Four- 10 points
Correctly predict all Final Four Teams- 10 points
Correctly predict both championship teams- 15 points

-----

Either of the above methods works fine, but please do remember that your picks for any game which is in progress or already completed will be invalid, and no picks will be accepted following the end of the round of 64.

Once again, the prizes:

Quote:
The winner of this event will receive their choice of one of the following rewards:

A) An Exclusive NCAA Basketball / March Madness Themed Signature commemorating your victory in the 2013 Challenge

or

B) A guaranteed entry in the 2013-2014 NFC North Posters' Fantasy Football League (16 teams, 4 per forum).

EDIT: I have made a group for this challenge on ESPN, if you prefer to submit your picks electronically, please PM me for the link, as I have been advised not to post it.
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
Hawkeyes #3 seed!

....in the NIT.

Crying or Very sad

Man your AD screwed the pooch on Steve Alford. Easily a top 5 coach in NCAA, don't have any idea why Iowa didnt make it a priority to keep him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: