Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If you just had to choose...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which remaining players would you prefer to take at #10?
Ezekial Ansah, DL, BYU
29%
 29%  [ 7 ]
Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
16%
 16%  [ 4 ]
Corradelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Manti Te'o, LB, Notre Dame
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida St.
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Other
16%
 16%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 24

Dionysus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: If you just had to choose... Reply with quote

There are no outs in this question. Based on our needs and wants and some of the names I've seen thrown around on this board, I'm curious as to who would we like the most if we had to choose. If all of the obvious choices were off the board and we didn't/couldn't trade back, who would you most want us to take with the #10 pick and why?

Just to be clear, there's no Warmack, Star, Moore, or Millner on the board at #10. So let's have at it.
Cool
Flylow

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like any of the choices you listed. Give me Chance Warmack or Richardson at 10 and call it a day. And if by some chance Star falls to #10 and the doctors give the Titans FO the okay, then PLEASE PLEASE let him be the pick.

I would also not mind Millner, but I doubt we go CB in the 1st.

Just my two cents.

EDIT: Just saw where you said Warmack, Star, and Millner were off the board.. So I guess my answer to your question would be Sheldon Richardson rather than the 5 that is listed in the poll. However, I still stand by what I said above.

Last edited by Flylow on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Flylow said, if Star falls to us and checks out ok medically by our doctors, than he should be the pick. If he doesn't then I would personally prefer Sheldon Richardson as the pick. To be honest though, most of the players that will be available when we pick I'd hate if we pick at #10 but would love if we got them at like #15-20 range. Ideally we'd trade down and still get a Richardson or Cooper, while also getting an extra pick but it's easier said than done.

Zach Brown-
Taylor Thompson-
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheldon Richardson for me.

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR
2) Sammie Hill NT
Dionysus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that the choices on the list are not popular picks for a #10, but that's the whole point of this poll. We already know who the most popular or obvious choices would be to fill our needs. But to be a little more clear...
What I'm asking in this scenario is, if all of these easy picks were off the board and our backs were to the wall where we couldn't trade out and HAD to pick at #10, who would be your choice in this situation? YES, we'd have to make a big reach and overdraft somebody. Who would you prefer that somebody be? Would you go after a certain position of need, a sexy luxury pick, a certain player, the BPA, etc.? That's the gist of what I'm asking.

BTW my choice would be Ezekial Ansah. I know he's a raw talent, but I love what I saw from him at the Senior Bowl. He looks like a freak of nature with tremendous upside. I can only imagine what could do in our defense, especially with Gregg Williams back in the fold.

Last edited by Dionysus on Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:41 am; edited 1 time in total
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
I know that the choices on the list are not popular picks for a #10, but that's the whole point of this poll. We already know who the most popular or obvious choices would be to fill our needs. But to be a little more clear...
What I'm asking in this scenario is, if all of these easy picks were off the board and our backs were to the wall where we couldn't trade out and HAD to pick at #10, who would be your choice in this situation? YES, we'd have to make a big reach and overdraft somebody. Who would you prefer that somebody be? Would you go after a certain position of need, a sexy luxury pick, a certain player, the BPA, etc.? That's the gist of what I'm asking.

Well Richardson wasn't in your list of taken players. Wink

But if I had to choose from your list I'd say Floyd. I don't see the hype but enough top scouts have that I must be wrong. Lol
I could also see Ansah or Vaccaro.

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR
2) Sammie Hill NT
Dionysus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwoToneBlue wrote:
Dionysus wrote:

But if I had to choose from your list I'd say Floyd. I don't see the hype but enough top scouts have that I must be wrong. Lol

Don't forget...you don't have to go strictly by my list of choices. Those are just names and/or positions of interest that I've seen mentioned in several posts. There is the option of "OTHER" if you have someone else in mind.
justing101

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
TwoToneBlue wrote:
Dionysus wrote:

Don't forget...you don't have to go strictly by my list of choices. Those are just names and/or positions of interest that I've seen mentioned in several posts. There is the option of "OTHER" if you have someone else in mind.

I voted for Floyd. I do not want Vaccaro or Ansah at all with our 10th

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richardson pretty easily, then Ansah, and then Floyd.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ansah without question.

I think he is the one that can transform our defense in a hurry. I think he can have a Kearse/Watt-like effect on our defense.
Iceman88

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: B Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
Ansah without question.

I think he is the one that can transform our defense in a hurry. I think he can have a Kearse/Watt-like effect on our defense.

The guy is a beast just watch some tape, he played DT, NT, DE and LB last season and he was effective at each position. He never gives up on a play and he has great instincts. Theres tape of him going after the QB and he sees that the QB is going to dump the ball to the RB, Ansah corrects his route and hits the RB at the same time the ball gets there.

Props to Kempes ^
Dionysus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: B Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
Ansah without question.

The guy is a beast just watch some tape, he played DT, NT, DE and LB last season and he was effective at each position. He never gives up on a play and he has great instincts. Theres tape of him going after the QB and he sees that the QB is going to dump the ball to the RB, Ansah corrects his route and hits the RB at the same time the ball gets there.

That's what I'm talking about. I've been checking some of his footage and raw talent or not, this guy is a gamechanger. You almost want to take him regardless. If I was gonna roll the dice on anybody, he'd be the one.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: B Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
Ansah without question.

That's what I'm talking about. I've been checking some of his footage and raw talent or not, this guy is a gamechanger. You almost want to take him regardless. If I was gonna roll the dice on anybody, he'd be the one.

Agreed he's unreal. Like I said in my mock, he has the highest potential of any prospect this year. At first, he might have some trouble against NFL talent, but give him a year or 2 and he'll be a 15+ sack a year guy. Millard could make him into something special.
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't watched any film (Youtube clips) of Ansah but he's sounding intriguing from you guys comment. I'll admit that I was underwhelmed by his Senior Bowl practices but during the actually game, he was the most impressive player I saw. I think when it's all said and done, he'll be Detroit's pick at #5.

Zach Brown-
Taylor Thompson-
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSlim wrote:
I haven't watched any film (Youtube clips) of Ansah but he's sounding intriguing from you guys comment. I'll admit that I was underwhelmed by his Senior Bowl practices but during the actually game, he was the most impressive player I saw. I think when it's all said and done, he'll be Detroit's pick at #5.

Yeah, Detriot coached him in the Senior Bowl and from my understanding they love the guy.

His Senior Bowl practices made me not want to touch in the 1st all together. But seeing him play in the game, then seeing his youtube clips, showed me the foundation he has as a player and the plays he can make.

I keep saying it because I feel it to be true. He would make at least 2-3 gamechanging plays. (Tipped passes, sacks, tackle for loss, 3rd down stop..etc) All these things when done in the NFL can completely change the outlook of the game, I see him doing at least once a game.

Some look at his sack numbers and say 4.5 sacks, thats sorry. But when you see the clips of him playing NT and getting tripled teamed but still some how effecting the play by either getting in the throwing lane or working until the lineman give up thinking the ball gone and tracking down the QB or running down a RB from behind...you see his impact is bigger than sack totals.

Now in the 4-3 playing DE, I think he will put up some great sack totals. His athletic ability alone is good enough for about 6 sacks out the gate in my view. But then throw in his ability to time and bat the ball down. Ability to play the run. Ability to track down a play from the backside.

Some scouts has called him the "answer to the read-option." Cause he literally can re-direct and cut on a dime and accelerate to make a play.

Love him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: