Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Would you take Geno?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you take Geno
Yeah we need a for sure QB
19%
 19%  [ 5 ]
No we have bigger needs
80%
 80%  [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 26

brownie man

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Would you take Geno? Reply with quote

If somehow Geno falls to 6 would you really be able to pass him up? It would be hard for me to look at legit franchise QB in the face and pass on him. There will be pass rushers who turn out to be studs later in this draft, but with our questions at QB and the new regime I think its a smokescreen that Banner's putting out that we would have no interest in Geno. I think hes a top 10 player in this draft with no concerns.

I do feel that with solid coaching Weeden can be successful, but where we are I would honestly love to see Geno in this offense with T-Rich and our receivers. Hes got the athletic ability, mental capacity, and leadership qualities of a franchise QB. In my point of view sure we have bigger needs, but the value of a franchise QB outweighs any other need every single time. They'll be solid pass rushers in next years draft but whos to say we'll ever be in a position this high to get a steal with a franchise QB at number 6.

If hes there at 6 I take him and dont look back.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

meh..... I think Geno is good, but I dont think he is like amazing

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

FLAbrownfan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think he is a sure thing as a franchise QB, and I doubt he gets picked before us so yes- I would pass on him of sho

R.I.P Crackburn, always in our hearts
adopt a Brown: Davone Bess - The best- one catch, one first down--- never mind person foul takes away! arrghhh Reg on the SIG
brownie man

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLAbrownfan wrote:
I don't think he is a sure thing as a franchise QB, and I doubt he gets picked before us so yes- I would pass on him of sho

They said the same thing about Matt Ryan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTZZh4cKfXs

What about his game that you've seen makes you think he isnt a franchise QB? If his team had any sort of a defense hed be a number 1 pick no question based on wins. There arent any flaws in his game that are large enough to keep him from being a top flight QB.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownie man wrote:
FLAbrownfan wrote:

What about his game that you've seen makes you think he isnt a franchise QB? If his team had any sort of a defense hed be a number 1 pick no question based on wins. There arent any flaws in his game that are large enough to keep him from being a top flight QB.

I personally feel he is not the great under pressure, and I cite the pinstripe bowl this year adn last years Syracuse game in the dome, Scott Shafer, was always sending guys at him and he was not that effective

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

bulldog

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geno is going to go one or two, just depend on who trades for Alex Smith.
FLAbrownfan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownie man wrote:
FLAbrownfan wrote:

I'll be honest I did not think Matt Ryan was going to be great, but that is because my old roommate was a huge BC fan and over played him too me... So no I know Im not an expert with QB's

But Geno scares me because I saw a few of his games right when the "hype" of him was prob. peaking, and I saw a guy with a nice release on the ball but to me he lets the ball get away from him, missed throws that I feel a Top tier QB should make.

To me its a mistake to grab the number one QB of the class because we can. It doesn't mean he grades out to our first pick, With the talent on our team I would like to build up our front 7 with the pick.

adopt a Brown: Davone Bess - The best- one catch, one first down--- never mind person foul takes away! arrghhh Reg on the SIG
bungleodeon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think taking Geno would be a good idea. I don't even know if I think he'll have the most success of QB's in this class and I don't know if I think he's actually worth a top 15 pick at all (although I wouldn't blame a QB needy team for spending it on him). I think giving Weeden another year may be the best option if we don't land anyone in FA/trade.

That being said, if I were part of the new FO I wouldn't feel very comfortable moving forward with what we have knowing my job could very well be gone in 3 years if I didn't start winning.

I voted no in the poll but at this point nothing would shock me in regards to the QB position for next year.
2013: 36 Tackles - 5.5 Sacks -1 FF - 1 FR - 4 PD -2 STF
NewWorldOrder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I read this topic, one song came to mind, No! No no no no! No no no no! Seriously, though, I don't see this QB as anything special. Sure, he ran a fast 40 time, but he doesn't make throws under pressure, and he just doesn't have that it factor. He's not an upgrade that will make an impact in the win column. He's not a guy that I would build my franchise around. He's a good, not great, college QB who played in a weak college conference and didn't dominate the way a QB should. Our team has so many other needs for them to get better. CB, OLB, DE, S, TE for starters. Show me a QB who was a winner in college, and ill show you a winner. Successful franchise NFL QBs rarely come from mediocre college teams. We can make do with weeden, he may even surprise us. To draft Smith to me is jumping the shark.
Pruitt3443

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not at number 6 as I think we have too many other needs and to be honest I am not sold on him. Now if we trade down and pick up a second and maybe some other things and he is sitting there in the 20s then maybe, if there were no other players I liked better.
cel13

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd would definately take Geno if he is there. Is he a franchise quarterback, I don't know. One thing i do beleive is that we don't have one on the roster nor is there one obtainable in free agency(Flacco will be franchised). It would suck not getting a stud pass rusher but quarterback is just too important.
FLAbrownfan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cel13 wrote:
I'd would definately take Geno if he is there. Is he a franchise quarterback, I don't know. One thing i do beleive is that we don't have one on the roster nor is there one obtainable in free agency(Flacco will be franchised). It would suck not getting a stud pass rusher but quarterback is just too important.

I agree QB is too important but I honestly like weeden more then geno

BwickBrownie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he falls to us at 6, I'm clapping and cheering.... because it gives us a chance to fleece a team like the Jets in a trade down. It gives them the ability to leap frog Arizona and Buffalo (who also need a QB), and we can potentially get a second rounder out of it. Other than that, I would want nothing to do with Smith... the #6 overall could go a long way to help shore up the Brown's D, and the only reason Geno's getting so much play is because of a lack of an actual top QB prospect in this year's draft.
Mastercheddaar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

We cannot make any mistakes in this draft. We need to get it right. That being said, I do not pick Geno with our 1st. If he is there, wave it in the faces of anyone else needing a QB and try to get picks. If we went back to 12-15th pick and got like an extra 2nd maybe something else then I could work with that.

that is all

Mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
BocaRatonBrown1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geno Smith is just as talented coming out as Cam Newton, RG3, & Mike Vick. RG3 is the best comparison out of the 3 I just mentioned.

6'3 makes every throw 70% completions. 4.59 40......

He is getting dropped in value because WV lost 5 in a row right at the peak of his hype following that 600+ yard passing game & zero TDs 80% completion super hot streak...

@Texas Tech L 49-14 30 56 278 53.6 38 1 0
Kansas State L 55-14 21 32 143 65.6 13 1 2
TCU L 39-38 32 54 260 59.3 43 3 1
@Oklahoma State L 55-34 36 54 364 66.7 75 2 0
Oklahoma L 50-49 20 35 320 57.1 41 4 2

Those 5 games took him from near lock #1 to free fall banter....

If he is there #6 you almost have to take him.

WV could not match up against those teams & Geno took the blame.

Honestly tho he is going to go #1 unless KC trades for Smith.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: