Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How to Fix the Secondary Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BLick12

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
He ran well at the combine 4.45 and he was a blanket corner.

Corners run tommorow brobeans

Ah, my mistake. I haven't watched the combine if that is any indication. Laughing

I guess I was looking at his projected 40 time.

Another Ginger QB in the AFC North.

Looking forward to the "No Soul Bowl" twice a year
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
He ran well at the combine 4.45 and he was a blanket corner.

Corners run tommorow brobeans

Ah, my mistake. I haven't watched the combine if that is any indication. Laughing

I guess I was looking at his projected 40 time.

Laughing

I wouldn't hate Ryan in the 2nd depending on who else is avalible. This secondary draft is deep that there will be good players who could be starters taken in round 3 and 4.

Birdwatch: Mychal Kendricks
TCK:10 TFL:1 SCK:0 INT:0 FF:0 FR:1
bkb77

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here how to Fix the Secondary. Keep DRC(for the right price 6-8m), I trust Billy Davis will get DRC to play up to his talent. Sign Sean Smith to put on the other side. Sign Louis Delmas to a nice team friendly contract(4-5yrs 5-6m per) and draft a SS in the 3rd. This class is loaded with Safteys in the 3rd your looking at TJ McDonald,Robert Lester, or maybe although unlikey Jonathan Cyprien.

A Secondary of DRC,TJ,Delmas,Smith could be nice. You would have 2 of the tallest Corners in the league(like seattle) and two safties that can hit and tackle. And every player in that secondary would be 26 or younger, all are in the prime of their careers.

Props to Kiltman on the Sig
JohnyEagles

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkb77 wrote:
Here how to Fix the Secondary. Keep DRC(for the right price 6-8m), I trust Billy Davis will get DRC to play up to his talent. Sign Sean Smith to put on the other side. Sign Louis Delmas to a nice team friendly contract(4-5yrs 5-6m per) and draft a SS in the 3rd. This class is loaded with Safteys in the 3rd your looking at TJ McDonald,Robert Lester, or maybe although unlikey Jonathan Cyprien.

A Secondary of DRC,TJ,Delmas,Smith could be nice. You would have 2 of the tallest Corners in the league(like seattle) and two safties that can hit and tackle. And every player in that secondary would be 26 or younger, all are in the prime of their careers.

THIS!

Even if Delmas was injured, hes still an upgrade over soft Nate Allen and the Human Cape 2.0 Kurt Coleman...
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnyEagles wrote:

THIS!

Even if Delmas was injured, hes still an upgrade over soft Nate Allen and the Human Cape 2.0 Kurt Coleman...

Signing Delmas long term would be a mistake. The guy isn't that good and there will be better options out there in the near future. Sign a veteran stop gap guy who can come in and bring leadership.
baconrad3

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be very comfortable having DRC and Smith as our two starting corners. Both command a ton of money and both are pretty big hotheads.

I'd prefer Smith over DRC either way. But if we signed both that'd be very stupid. Too much money to be given to two guys who can be as hot and cold as they are.

Also why is everyone so obsessed with Louis Delmas? The dude is Bob Sanders 2.0. Cannot stay healthy ever. Delmas+DRC+Smith is WAYYY too much money. Each guy commands 7+mil.

Dream scenario:

Sign Derek Cox. Sign William Moore. Draft DJ Swearinger in the 4th. Draft Johnthan Banks in the 2nd if he falls to us (if not then Wreh-Wilson in the 3rd)

CB: Derek Cox
NCB: Brandon Boykin
FS: DJ Swearinger
SS: William Moore
CB: Johnthan Banks

Now THAT is a physical secondary.

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkb77 wrote:

DRC sucks and can kick rocks and Delmas is this decades Bob Sanders, stud when healthy, but never healthy. He's nearly a lock to miss at least 5 games a year, and reportedly has knee issues. No thanks to either. Also McDonald and Lester suck. Cyprien will be a high 2nd.

AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:

Sign Derek Cox. Sign William Moore. Draft DJ Swearinger in the 4th. Draft Johnthan Banks in the 2nd if he falls to us (if not then Wreh-Wilson in the 3rd)

Jonathan Banks probably won't fall to the second, but everything else on this secondary looks good. Love Swearinger and Moore. Think that would be an awesome secondary for the future. Not sure DJ would be ready to start week 1 though. He will probably need a least a year to develop into a full time starter. Might need to ad another veteran FS in free agency.
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:

Jonathan Banks probably won't fall to the second, but everything else on this secondary looks good. Love Swearinger and Moore. Think that would be an awesome secondary for the future. Not sure DJ would be ready to start week 1 though. He will probably need a least a year to develop into a full time starter. Might need to ad another veteran FS in free agency.

Theres been a lot of talk about it, wouldn't shock me at all, especially with other guys moving up like Trufaunt. Tommorow is pivotal for a lot of corners.

baconrad3

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:

Theres been a lot of talk about it, wouldn't shock me at all, especially with other guys moving up like Trufaunt. Tommorow is pivotal for a lot of corners.

yeah I could see Banks slipping to #35. I'm glad teams are overrating Trufant...it'll allow the best CB in the draft to fall to us in the 2nd round.

If not, I'd be fine with Poyer or Wreh-Wilson.

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is everybody bringing up Pat the bum Chung.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Philly wrote:

He had one bad year where he was injured. He played well for 3 seasons, will be cheap, and has a history with Kelly. He also gives you special teams ability. When he's played as a rover type he's actually done well.

EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:

yeah I could see Banks slipping to #35. I'm glad teams are overrating Trufant...it'll allow the best CB in the draft to fall to us in the 2nd round.

If not, I'd be fine with Poyer or Wreh-Wilson.

The Moore signing is the real question I have because I think he gets tagged. In the event he doesn't then he's a good addition, but he doesn't mix well with Swearinger IMO. I like Swearinger, but neither is above mediocre in single high sets due to limited range, which we could need in a running situation or when one is matched up against a tight end.

oland11

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade down at all costs. Draft Banks. In the second go Rhodes or Banks. And look to trade back up for Elam or look for Swearinger.
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Philly wrote:

young great athletes physical football player .. i think New England's system sucks for most DB's ansd there defensive backs coach suck.

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: