Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How to Fix the Secondary Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Th@Bird$

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnyEagles wrote:
Th@Bird$ wrote:
Looking at the talent on the roster I want Boykin to stay inside at Nickel, he seemed fine there last year. On the outside we should prob. retain one of the two starters, DRC preferably assuming the price is right to keep him. After that I think you have to draft a corner in the 2nd rd where I think you can grab a big and physically imposing corner to play opposite of DRC. Maybe one of the names people mentioned above such as Banks, Rhodes, or Poyer. Whoever the best CB available with the physical talent were looking for. As for safety we need to sign at least one vet and draft 1-2 safeties, one project high ceiling hard hitter and a solid starter from day one. I wouldn't mind Elam, Cyprien, Swearinger, Reid, or any top safety in this draft rd 2/3. I know most people wouldn't like Milliner in the first but in my dream world our secondary would take on a total overhaul- which is highly unlikely. So we'll prob welcome back two starters. Nate Allen and one of the corners prob. Nnamdi.

I think Nate Allen blows and doesnt care about football. He plays with no passion.....am I wrong?

Judging him off of his play from last year alone it's hard for me to defend him. But he seemed promising his rookie year and I think he deserves another year to prove himself. Like I said before it's probably not smart to completely replace an entire secondary in one offseason bc it's nearly impossible and we'll end up with prob a worse unit than this past yr so if 1 safety had to remain a starter I would choose Allen bc he still has hope to improve. Coleman on the other hand is a pure special teamer/ spot starter. Which is where I think we need to bring in 2-3 safeties for him to compete for the last safety spot on the team. You might be right but I'm not going to make an assumption of him not caring or being passionate about football after such a down year for the entire team where he is one of the youngest starters on the team surrounded by under-performing vets and a somewhat segregated locker room. I say we give him one more year but I'm not against replacing him either
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
I sign a FA S and CB and then I draft a CB and S.

FA: Glover Quin and Derek Cox

Draft: Poyer and Duke Williams

LCB: Cox
FS: Quin
SS; Williams
RCB: Poyer

This is pretty good

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Blahman88

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Throwing money at FA

Yay Rolling Eyes

UKEaglesFan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take no credit for this...... here is how 2012 looks from the eyes of Nnamdi Asomugha

Cut Nnamdi Already!!!!
RainbowCarebear

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Nnamdi pick? Laughing

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blahman88 wrote:
Throwing money at FA

Yay Rolling Eyes
So you'd rather keep our crappy guys starting again, or have 4 rookies starting? Laughing

We need to fill the holes somehow.
RainbowCarebear

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blahman88 wrote:
Throwing money at FA

Yay Rolling Eyes

We have to spend money in FA this year or would you rather give Curtis Marsh an extension? Laughing

Just have to be smart and get young guys who's stock on talented teams/spots, Sammie Lee Hill could be a good example.

BLick12

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles should draft Logan Ryan out of Rutgers. I know I have some serious bias on this but I'm telling you he is a way better corner than either of the McCourty's were. He ran well at the combine 4.45 and he was a blanket corner. He is 5'11 which isn't awe inspiring but he is a decent enough tackler but would be a perfect slot CB that could be groomed into a 1 or 2.

I don't know how well he is rated but he should be a 2nd round pick. If we can trade out of #4 and pick up some late first more 2nds, he is someone the Eagles should strongly consider.

Another Ginger QB in the AFC North.

Looking forward to the "No Soul Bowl" twice a year
RainbowCarebear

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't heard good things about Logan, but that tackling would be nice.

mpieco

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think DRC comes back--worked with Bill Davis in Arizona, and I think they'll want to work together again.

Nnamdi is absolutely going to get cut, there is no doubt. I think Boykin is fine in the slot, but that leaves CB #2 to be taken care of.

I think it will end up getting addressed with either Derek Cox or a 2nd/3rd round draft pick. The issue with Sean Smith is that he is going to command much more money than he is actually worth (gave up most TDs and completions last year of any corner). The talent is there, but something is missing. The Dolphins don't want him back.

I think Nate Allen is going to get one more chance on the roster. I think he opens the year as a starter. I think Coleman is gone. I think SS is draftable. Lots of talent we could try to put back there.

I think at least 1 (DRC), if not 2 (Nate Allen) of our own players remain starters. Then I think it'll be one FA and one draft pick. We'll see.
RainbowCarebear

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly I think the other scenario is more possible, where Nnamdi takes a paycut and stays and DRC is let walking. They won't use the tag, and I doubt they're willing to commit long term to DRC, so it would be a 1 year less than tag deal.

Blahman88

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You draft and take guys that fit the system, the guys you are naming are 'big names' which we've done the last two years and failed miserably.

RainbowCarebear

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blahman88 wrote:
You draft and take guys that fit the system, the guys you are naming are 'big names' which we've done the last two years and failed miserably.

Is Derek Cox a big name? It's fairly well known name, but who isn't these days?

Blahman88

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Blahman88 wrote:

Is Derek Cox a big name? It's fairly well known name, but who isn't these days?

We aren't going to succeed right away, draft heavy and bring them on slowly, I've already accepted a sub .500 year again

EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
He ran well at the combine 4.45 and he was a blanket corner.

Corners run tommorow brobeans

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: