Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Redskins to resurface field before end of season

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DCRED

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Redskins to resurface field before end of season Reply with quote

Well, we know what a disaster the field was at the end of season last year. Sounds like they might only make that mistake once, I hope...

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/d9L5A?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=washington-redskins

Quote:
"And as soon as the schedule comes out...we’ll be ready to commit to a schedule so we have some new sod at the end of the year."
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite frankly, it needs to be done and needed to be done. There's no excuse for the field going to hell in the last 4 games of the season (regardless of if you're going to the playoffs or not).

The players have enough to deal with without worrying about problems with the field causing injuries.

Its a preventable problem. Danny should make sure its prevented.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
DCRED

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
Quite frankly, it needs to be done and needed to be done. There's no excuse for the field going to hell in the last 4 games of the season (regardless of if you're going to the playoffs or not).

The players have enough to deal with without worrying about problems with the field causing injuries.

Its a preventable problem. Danny should make sure its prevented.

Well I hate that the field had to become a hazard for him to take measures to fix it... But I'm glad it's being addressed
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Bruce Allen said they had planned to do it during the season but missed their opportunity, I think over the bye week because of bad weather or something.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
I think Bruce Allen said they had planned to do it during the season but missed their opportunity, I think over the bye week because of bad weather or something.

Yup. One other thing they need to stop the dual-use (for other entertainment events/college games/high school games )in November and December and strictly use it for Redskins games. This way if they do miss their "window" the field will have a better chance.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: