Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who did you see at Combine that changed ur mind

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Who did you see at Combine that changed ur mind Reply with quote

I did not get to see the Combine, (stuck working) who from the combine had a showing that made you say we need this guy but you might of thought prior (I am not big on_______) I know we have a thread up about the Combine this is who after seening them in the combine do u know think we should look at on draft day.

My buddy called me today and said Tavon Austin WR looked real good and said if Patterson is the pick for our WR in this draft, he hopes he is.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swope and Johnson.....both showed me they deserved to be picked a lot higher then I previously thought.....

Johnson moved up into the top 15 in not top 10 and Swope is now an early 2nd round pick...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came away from the wk end portion thinking that I'd be OK if Mia drafted Tyler Eifert.
I would prefer if we traded down to do it but none the less I feel strongly that he would be an excellent addition to the Off especially if we were to acquire a FA WR.

Emerica

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressed me:
    - Ryan Swope WR (Ran 4.34 40yd, tied for 2nd fastest)
    - Sharrif Floyd DT
    - Lane Johnson OT (Ran 4.72 40yd)
    - Kiki Mingo DE
    - Tavon Austin WR (Ran 4.34 40yd)

Did not impress me:
    - Damontre Moore (Slow 40yd, only 12 reps on BP)

Probably missing a couple of names on the list and I wasn't able to watch everything so maybe I missed some things. Again, I think most people put way too much stock in the Combine. My opinion hasn't changed on most of the players on my list, just confirmed some things I saw in videos.

Looking forward to watching the DBs tomorrow.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two

Ryan Swope- The 40 time. I didn't even want to look at tape on him but when I did, i realized I should have earlier. I didn't want to be cliche and use the Texas A&M connection but the kid can play. He runs with power when he has the ball like a RB.

Tavon Austin- His 40 didn't surprise me. What made me start to come around was his build. He is the same size as Desean Jackson (an inch shorter) but he has a stocky build. He looks like he is in the weight room and is more of a Steve Smith mold than a Desean Jackson Mold.

All the comparison's to him are wrong. To me he is Steve Smith 2.0 in every way

UniversalAuthor
    Maddogg

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sitting here with my girl scout cookies(thin mints of course!) and a tall glass of ice cold milk nothing really changed my opinion of the players at the combine. In most cases it only reinforced my opinion. Sure there a couple of instances where the numbers posted had me doing a double take but no real shockers for me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: