Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

B67 Mock Offseason
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freak_of_nature wrote:
I like the addition of Swope in the early 3rd round. Hopefully, he'll replace Bess when he's a FA after next season.

Patton is someone I see as very similar to Hartline. Reed seems very similar to Clay.

While Swope and Patton would make our group of WR's better, I see them as not much better, if at all, to Hartline. So, no, I don't think you added a legit playmaker to the offense.

I'll also be floored if Johnson leave Cinci.

You guys are not seeing the same thing I'm seeing. You guys think speed is the only factor. Patton runs better routes than Hartline, and does a lot more after the catch than Hartline. Patton also ran a 4.46 and not a 4.52

Swope is a faster WR than anybody on our roster.

Reed is more of a playmaker than Reed.

This draft, I got us young talent to grow with Hartline. Got us faster and deeper at WR. Got us guys that run routes and catch with their hands

Just to throw it out there, Hester ran a 4.45 at the combine..... Patton ran the same.

UniversalAuthor
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blagasse67 wrote:
Jaytotha wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:
Applause Lane johnson

The entire draft can suck but I got Lane Johnson! lol
lol.. Getting cox and micheal johnson in free agency really allows you to get offensive in this draft and let all these guys grow together for years but yeah i love me some lane johnson

That was pretty much my idea. Fill some voids here and get us some weapons for Tannehill to grow with.

Quote:
Doesn't fill the need of getting weapons on Offense. The draft is good though

What do you mean?
Quinton Patton and Ryan Swope both are WRs with good speed and good route running abilities. They catch with their hands and fit perfect in the WCO.

Jordan Reed gives us a tweener/playmaker role. The guy can be like Casey is for Houston. Line up in the back field or split out wide. Bennett had a solid year for the Giants. My guess, his production would have been up if Eli didn't spread the ball so much. Bennett would give us a vertical threat at TE and still a young player.

On top of that, I gave Tannehill protection to get the ball to these playmakers. Our WR corp would look like this

WR: Hartline/Matthews
WR: Patton
WR: Bess/Swope
TE: Bennett/Reed/Clay

LT: Lane Johnson
LG: Barrett Jones
C: Mike Pouncey
RG: John Jerry
RT: Jonathan Martin

Swope and Patton will need time to develop. I like the Reed pick cause I think he can ball. I just don't see any playmakers and see the same type of receivers we had this last year. Just one mans opinion. I love the draft though

Patton and Swope both ran faster than Hartline and Bess. Patton ran 4.46 and Swope ran a 4.34 they are just flat out faster than the WR we have. They also will have help from Hartline and Bennett to take pressure off of them.

40s don't mean much ask Clyde Gates and Teddy Ginn. They might be fast I just don't see them being able to step in day one and put fear in the opposing secondary

Adopt a Dolphin: RB Knowshon Moreno

Rushing: 24- 134yds 5.6 Avg 1TD
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding micheal johnson leaving yeah its a better chance that he stays then he goes but then again its probably Andre Smith who is getting tagged and the bengals are not exactly known for spending big bucks on guys infact they are known for being the cheapest team in the NFL and mike brown is hard headed and sometimes takes things personal.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytotha wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:
Jaytotha wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:
Applause Lane johnson

lol.. Getting cox and micheal johnson in free agency really allows you to get offensive in this draft and let all these guys grow together for years but yeah i love me some lane johnson

That was pretty much my idea. Fill some voids here and get us some weapons for Tannehill to grow with.

Quote:

What do you mean?
Quinton Patton and Ryan Swope both are WRs with good speed and good route running abilities. They catch with their hands and fit perfect in the WCO.

Jordan Reed gives us a tweener/playmaker role. The guy can be like Casey is for Houston. Line up in the back field or split out wide. Bennett had a solid year for the Giants. My guess, his production would have been up if Eli didn't spread the ball so much. Bennett would give us a vertical threat at TE and still a young player.

On top of that, I gave Tannehill protection to get the ball to these playmakers. Our WR corp would look like this

Swope and Patton will need time to develop. I like the Reed pick cause I think he can ball. I just don't see any playmakers and see the same type of receivers we had this last year. Just one mans opinion. I love the draft though

Patton and Swope both ran faster than Hartline and Bess. Patton ran 4.46 and Swope ran a 4.34 they are just flat out faster than the WR we have. They also will have help from Hartline and Bennett to take pressure off of them.

40s don't mean much ask Clyde Gates and Teddy Ginn. They might be fast I just don't see them being able to step in day one and put fear in the opposing secondary

Difference is Swope is a gamer....he plays his best games against the toughest competition. When Ginn was drafted this forum blew up with many of claiming it was a wasted pick....Ginn lacked toughness and change of direction and Ginn wasn't a natural hands catcher. I don't see any of that with Swope or Patton both of which not only have been extremely productive in college, but pass the eye ball test (very solid game film).

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Jaytotha wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:
Jaytotha wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:
Applause Lane johnson

Quote:

What do you mean?

Difference is Swope is a gamer....he plays his best games against the toughest competition. When Ginn was drafted this forum blew up with many of claiming it was a wasted pick....Ginn lacked toughness and change of direction and Ginn wasn't a natural hands catcher. I don't see any of that with Swope or Patton both of which not only have been extremely productive in college, but pass the eye ball test (very solid game film).

I'm not comparing Swope or Patton to Ginn just the example the 40 times don't mean a lot. Looking at swope he has 4 games over 100 yards receiving and 4 games where he didn't even reach 20 yeards. He might develop into a really good WR but from day one I don't think he will. It might take him til year 2 or 3 and by that time Philbin and Ireland will be gone and a new GM might not like him. I also look at the splits with stats and when A&M was down he was not the main target. Again its just one mans opinion

ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swope was a three year starter for A&M and had 12 games of 100 yards or more and was more productive with Tannehill then with Johnny Football.

Swope already has an established report with Tannehill, and knows the offense coming in. Going by the tape he plays tougher then most WRs and breaks tackles.

I'm not saying he;s going to come in and lead the team, but I like his potential as much as anyone else who will be available in the second round...even before the 40 many were saying he would be a great fit for the offense the team is running, the 40 just made that intrigue more appealing.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Swope was a three year starter for A&M and had 12 games of 100 yards or more and was more productive with Tannehill then with Johnny Football.

Swope already has an established report with Tannehill, and knows the offense coming in. Going by the tape he plays tougher then most WRs and breaks tackles.

I'm not saying he;s going to come in and lead the team, but I like his potential as much as anyone else who will be available in the second round...even before the 40 many were saying he would be a great fit for the offense the team is running, the 40 just made that intrigue more appealing.

I agree completely. I may take heat for this but Swope reminds me a lot of Anquan Boldin just faster. A guy that plays bigger than he is, plays tough, and isn't afraid to lower his shoulder. Arm tackles don't bring him down. He is a fast receiver but the ball in his hands, and he is a RB.

Jayotha, i recommend you go look at tape of Swope and Patton. If you don't think Patton is a playmaker, than I don't know what else to tell you. Patton comes in the form of Fitzgerald. Patton will be a developmental guy

UniversalAuthor
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blagasse67 wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:

I agree completely. I may take heat for this but Swope reminds me a lot of Anquan Boldin just faster. A guy that plays bigger than he is, plays tough, and isn't afraid to lower his shoulder. Arm tackles don't bring him down. He is a fast receiver but the ball in his hands, and he is a RB.

Jayotha, i recommend you go look at tape of Swope and Patton. If you don't think Patton is a playmaker, than I don't know what else to tell you. Patton comes in the form of Fitzgerald. Patton will be a developmental guy

Ill give you Patton but I don't see Swope any earlier than the 4th round. Just my take though.

One of the things I really like about your draft though is you fixed the OL and drafted Reed from FL. I think the kid is going to be good.

ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: B67 Mock Offseason Reply with quote

Blagasse67 wrote:
So I figure I'd try to do a mock off season. I'll do another closer to the draft of a full 7 rounder

Franchise Tag:
Randy Starks

Resign:
Chris Clemons
Brian Hartline

Free Agency:
Michael Johnson
Derek Cox
Martellus Bennett

Draft:
1.) Lane Johnson
2.) Quinton Patton
2.) Ryan Swope
3.) Jordan Poyer
3.) Jordan Reed
4.) Barrett Jones

I was able to stay away from overpaying Mike Wallace and predicting that Greg Jennings gets tagged and stays with Green Bay. Saving that money I was able to sign Bennett, Cox, and Johnson. All of this while resigning Hartline and Clemons.

In the draft I focused on adding weapons for Ryan Tannehill in Swope, Patton, and Reed. Poyer gives us youth and a playmaker in the secondary.

Drafting Lane Johnson and Barrett Jones, gives us a replacement for Jake Long and one of our Gs.

Have it.

As far as the draft....there is very little I can complain about....I like Amerson out of NC State a little more then Poyer, but not by much. I'm sold off of just Johnson, Patton and Jones...you could have sold the other 3 picks for cheeseburger money and I wouldn't complain....

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what, this mock isn't going to bring "sexy" to 2013 but it's a good one B67.
I just have 2 issues I feel you could expand on.

1). Love it you drafted a LOT, does this mean an open competition at LOT ?

2). Do you really think Swope will be there for selection 2B ?
I'm seeing & hearing a lotta buzz on him, guys poppin up on everyones radar.
Could he be another Heinz Ward ?

sug
Warpticon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mean to be a jerk, but i've seen this word misused so many different ways lately I feel like I should say something. The word you're looking for is rapport.

In any case, I've been a fan of Swope for a while, and I wouldn't mind getting him at all. Actually I'm pretty fond of a lot of receivers at this point, so it will be hard to disappoint me with anybody they get in the top 3 rounds.
candyman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: B67 Mock Offseason Reply with quote

Blagasse67 wrote:

Draft:
1.) Lane Johnson
2.) Quinton Patton
2.) Ryan Swope
3.) Jordan Poyer
3.) Jordan Reed
4.) Barrett Jones

I really like this draft, although I dont think Poyer or Jones will last that long.

Im starting to narrow my board. If the Dolphins pick some of the following players, I will be very happy.

Pick 12
Lane Johnson
Dee Millner
Xavier Rhodes
Jonathan Cooper

Pick 43
Quintin Patton
Robert Woods
Keenan Allen
Tyler Eifert
Larry Warford

Pick 56
Ryan Swope
Jonathan Cyprien
Tank Carradine
Kyle Long

Picks 79 and 84
Terron Armstead
Leon McFadden
Blidi Wreh-Wilson
Stedman Bailey
dolphinologist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This mock is really good. Really good ... As far as the acquired talent. I like these players for the obvious reasons. However,

The Right side of the offensive line is a problem. Incognito's natural position is RG even that would have been better than another season of Jerry. I would have taken a look at Vasquez from the Chargers.

I also don't see us getting these players in the places you got them, Especially Barrett Jones and Jordan Poyer.

i guess i could live with Cox and Poyer as the only additions at DB, but I do it reluctantly. Can't fix everything in one offseason.

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphinologist wrote:
This mock is really good. Really good ... As far as the acquired talent. I like these players for the obvious reasons. However,

The Right side of the offensive line is a problem. Incognito's natural position is RG even that would have been better than another season of Jerry. I would have taken a look at Vasquez from the Chargers.

I also don't see us getting these players in the places you got them, Especially Barrett Jones and Jordan Poyer.

i guess i could live with Cox and Poyer as the only additions at DB, but I do it reluctantly. Can't fix everything in one offseason.

That's a good call on Incognito playing RG. I don't see why we can't draft Jones and move Incognito over to RG. I'm not sure Vasquez fits this offense. Haven't watched enough of him.

My mindset was to fill a void at CB left by Sean Smith and plug players in for a year, and maybe focus on that next season.

UniversalAuthor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: