Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

B67 Mock Offseason
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: B67 Mock Offseason Reply with quote

So I figure I'd try to do a mock off season. I'll do another closer to the draft of a full 7 rounder

Franchise Tag:
Randy Starks

Resign:
Chris Clemons
Brian Hartline

Free Agency:
Michael Johnson
Derek Cox
Martellus Bennett

Draft:
1.) Lane Johnson
2.) Quinton Patton
2.) Ryan Swope
3.) Jordan Poyer
3.) Jordan Reed
4.) Barrett Jones

I was able to stay away from overpaying Mike Wallace and predicting that Greg Jennings gets tagged and stays with Green Bay. Saving that money I was able to sign Bennett, Cox, and Johnson. All of this while resigning Hartline and Clemons.

In the draft I focused on adding weapons for Ryan Tannehill in Swope, Patton, and Reed. Poyer gives us youth and a playmaker in the secondary.

Drafting Lane Johnson and Barrett Jones, gives us a replacement for Jake Long and one of our Gs.

Have it.

UniversalAuthor
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Applause Lane johnson
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:
Applause Lane johnson

The entire draft can suck but I got Lane Johnson! lol

UniversalAuthor
cddolphin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Different and I like it. Realistic apart from Jones in the 4th, IMO
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blagasse67 wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:
Applause Lane johnson

lol.. Getting cox and micheal johnson in free agency really allows you to get offensive in this draft and let all these guys grow together for years but yeah i love me some lane johnson
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't fill the need of getting weapons on Offense. The draft is good though

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:

Yeah. I had read a few places of the top interior OL and for some reason he keeps slipping. A few places said the problem is, he isn't a set position and it's hard to give him a high rating when he doesn't have a set home. While he may be the #3 C Gs are rated higher than him. I though maybe he could be one of the guys that fall.

UniversalAuthor
cddolphin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blagasse67 wrote:
cddolphin wrote:

Yeah. I had read a few places of the top interior OL and for some reason he keeps slipping. A few places said the problem is, he isn't a set position and it's hard to give him a high rating when he doesn't have a set home. While he may be the #3 C Gs are rated higher than him. I though maybe he could be one of the guys that fall.

I was nitpicking but I'd be pleased if we can take him in the 4th, at least from what I currently know about him.
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:
Applause Lane johnson

lol.. Getting cox and micheal johnson in free agency really allows you to get offensive in this draft and let all these guys grow together for years but yeah i love me some lane johnson

That was pretty much my idea. Fill some voids here and get us some weapons for Tannehill to grow with.

Quote:

What do you mean?
Quinton Patton and Ryan Swope both are WRs with good speed and good route running abilities. They catch with their hands and fit perfect in the WCO.

Jordan Reed gives us a tweener/playmaker role. The guy can be like Casey is for Houston. Line up in the back field or split out wide. Bennett had a solid year for the Giants. My guess, his production would have been up if Eli didn't spread the ball so much. Bennett would give us a vertical threat at TE and still a young player.

On top of that, I gave Tannehill protection to get the ball to these playmakers. Our WR corp would look like this

WR: Hartline/Matthews
WR: Patton
WR: Bess/Swope
TE: Bennett/Reed/Clay

LT: Lane Johnson
LG: Barrett Jones
C: Mike Pouncey
RG: John Jerry
RT: Jonathan Martin

UniversalAuthor
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:
cddolphin wrote:

I was nitpicking but I'd be pleased if we can take him in the 4th, at least from what I currently know about him.

Don't mind the nitpick. I was just giving you my mind set. He may not make it to the 4th. The depth of OL, there will be a quality G left.

UniversalAuthor
PhinFan52

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been ranting about Jones for awhile.. Love him.. LT..OG..C what more can ya ask for.. but I don't see him lasting til 4th rd...
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blagasse67 wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:
Applause Lane johnson

That was pretty much my idea. Fill some voids here and get us some weapons for Tannehill to grow with.

Quote:

What do you mean?
Quinton Patton and Ryan Swope both are WRs with good speed and good route running abilities. They catch with their hands and fit perfect in the WCO.

Jordan Reed gives us a tweener/playmaker role. The guy can be like Casey is for Houston. Line up in the back field or split out wide. Bennett had a solid year for the Giants. My guess, his production would have been up if Eli didn't spread the ball so much. Bennett would give us a vertical threat at TE and still a young player.

On top of that, I gave Tannehill protection to get the ball to these playmakers. Our WR corp would look like this

Swope and Patton will need time to develop. I like the Reed pick cause I think he can ball. I just don't see any playmakers and see the same type of receivers we had this last year. Just one mans opinion. I love the draft though

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytotha wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:
Applause Lane johnson

Quote:

What do you mean?

Swope and Patton will need time to develop. I like the Reed pick cause I think he can ball. I just don't see any playmakers and see the same type of receivers we had this last year. Just one mans opinion. I love the draft though

Patton and Swope both ran faster than Hartline and Bess. Patton ran 4.46 and Swope ran a 4.34 they are just flat out faster than the WR we have. They also will have help from Hartline and Bennett to take pressure off of them.

UniversalAuthor
Warpticon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see Johnson leaving the Bengals if they want him. Cincinnatti has more money than anybody this offseason, and he's already a Bengal, and they went to the playoffs this past season.
freak_of_nature

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the addition of Swope in the early 3rd round. Hopefully, he'll replace Bess when he's a FA after next season.

Patton is someone I see as very similar to Hartline. Reed seems very similar to Clay.

While Swope and Patton would make our group of WR's better, I see them as not much better, if at all, to Hartline. So, no, I don't think you added a legit playmaker to the offense.

I'll also be floored if Johnson leave Cinci.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: