Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Outside the box mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Outside the box mock Reply with quote

Let me start by saying I've been a big proponent of going against the "obvious" choice, just trying to be a little creative. Also, for this purpose lets assume Gonzalez comes back.

1. Shariff Floyd, DT Florida - Floyd can both get after the and stop the run. Very good size and an amazing first step. Jerry is probably on his way out and babs isn't getting any younger. What's like most about this is it lets babs or Floyd push out to end on run downs, which we like to do, not lose much in terms of pass rush.

2. Brandon Jenkins, DE Florida St - a sure fire 1st rounder IMO pre injury, we gets steal here. A little undersized but a very, very talented rusher. Again, we like to use a run first end on run downs so he doesn't have to be a great run stopper. Really like him and if he shows out and checks out medically and there's a lot of buzz on him, I would t hate it if we took him in the 1st.

3. Justin Pugh, Guard Syracuse - that RG spot is up for grabs and Pugh is a really good player. I haven't given up on Mike Johnson and with those tow battling it out, we should be in good shape either way. Pugh can play either tackl spot IMO, but is probably the best bet at guard.

4. Darius Slay, CB Miss St - after the top 4-5 corners who I'm sure will be gone in the first, there's another 7-8 that are grouped together who are solid but probably not stars. Grimes and/or Robinson won't be back and slay should hold his own on the outside.

4(comp). Jordan Reed, TE Florida - he's undersized but I think he can be used a lot like Hernandez is used by the pats, although he isn't as athletic. Never the less, he'll add another element to our offense and should make us even more dangerous.

5. Jonathon Cooper, RB UC,A - maybe a pipe dream that he lasts this long but we've seen in the past few years, unless there's someone elite about you,you don't go early. Decent size and can really make people miss. Fits the mild of us wanting to get more explosive.

6. Kenny Tate, S/LB Maryland - tatewas very highly thought of a couple years ago but has crash and burned since, at least in terms if draft stock. The tools are still there, and I envision him as a sub package only kind of guy to cover big te's and still stop the run.

7. Dennis Johson, RB Arkansas - with all our picks, it won't hurt to double up in a guy with so much big play ability. Never a carry the load or even. Partial load kind of guy buthe can flat make things happen. We carry 5 backs anyway, and with Snelling doubling as a full back there's room for him on the team if heptane out.

7 (comp). Marlon Brown, WR UGA - maybe a sentimental pick but he definitely has skills. Great size and knows how to use his body, great guy as well. Worthy flier IMO.

Thoughts?
RIZE FALCONS

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love Floyd but it is a real Longshot he last until pick 30 .
birdman70

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIZE FALCONS wrote:
I would love Floyd but it is a real Longshot he last until pick 30 .

Same thing here, I love Floyd, but not happenin' at our pick.
GrimeyKid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like your idea of out of the box. out of the box. Very Happy had to do it. But i agree with your assessments and i would be fine with this draft.

2012 Adopt-A-Falcon

Jacquizz Rodgers #32
SpicyMcHaggis

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After these DT's worked out today, Floyd might be going in the top 10, especially with Star having a heart issue.

Slay in the fourth... I like that.
Robust Perry

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, Shariff just ran a 4.92 which most experts are saying locks him into a selection around 5-10. I'd love to have him or a game changing DT though.

A big, disruptive DT would help our DE, LB & secondary all at the same time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: