Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Broncostrings mock offseason

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
broncostrings

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Broncostrings mock offseason Reply with quote

Departures:

Tracy Porter....don't think Porter or the Broncos have any interest is his return.
Lance Ball....even being the coach favorite will not save him. Not a very good player IMHO.
Dan Koppen...thanks for last year but no longer needed with Walton back and hopefully a bit of playing time for Blake.
Jim Leonard....see Brookings comments.
Joe Mays...signed a big contract last year which will be the biggest reason he is gone.
DJ Williams....too expensive and high maintenance.
Ty Warren....fail.
Knowshon Moreno...guy can't stay healthy. Broncos want to spend his $ elsewhere.
Willis McGahee...broncos worried about health, age, and fumbles make them decide on a change.
Keith Brooking...the trifecta of old free agents from last year are let go.
Chris Gronkowski....waist of a roster spot with Hester.

Free agent signings.

Terrance Knighton DL....huge and relatively young. Won't break the bank. He is talented and will play a key role improving the Defense.
Chris Ivory RB...very, very solid. A perfect back for our system. I don't see NO matching.
Antoine Cason CB....not Revis but he is decent.
Donnie Avery WR....a decent WR who has bounced around.

There will be more signings to fill out the roster.

2013 NFL Draft.

Trade ... The Broncos use a 4th this year to move up to the low 20s.

Round 1 ... Jonathan Cooper G UNC...he slips in the drat a bit and the Broncos cannot resist. Going to be a great one. Insurance for Kuper, can play center. He will absolutely improve our line and our team.

Round 2 ... Eric Reid S LSU...this guy is extremely talented. He didn't have the season in 2012 as most projected. Can be a steal here.

Round 3 ... Montee Ball RB Wisconsin...mark my words. He will be a very good Pro. Rotation of Ivory, Ball, and Hillman is a big upgrade IMHO.

Round 5 ... Kiko Alanso LB Oregon...I believe the Broncos really like Nate Irving and Stevie Johnson but want to add Kiko for depth and competition.

Round 7 .... Denard Robinson WR/QB Michigan...a project at WR but extremely athletic. Worth a look.[/b]

Last edited by broncostrings on Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mile High

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall pretty decent job.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE CHRIS IVORY and Donnie Avery seems like a solid slot option.

Draft:

Cooper would be great. He also won't last to our pick I guarantee that. He is a top 20 player in this draft.

Eric Reid - Or any other 2nd round safety I am all for. They are all really talented and I agree we will get a steal with that pick. I think a 2nd round safety is very likely for us.

Montee Ball - I hate Montee Ball. Best OL in college. Not that explosive. Not that fast. Not that strong. Kevin Smith (Lions HB) at best.

Dont know Alanso...Denard Robinson - wont last to the 7th. He just ran a 4.4 40 and is too much of a weapon to last that long.

Jamison. mad props on this amazing Sig!!!
AKRNA

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should probably change the comments about Brooking. Wink
broncostrings

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks AKRNA...whoops. Robinson probably won't be there then. Insert best remaining WR will work.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard Chris Ivory mentioned as a possible addition for us at RB on the radio this week; I think it was Nate Lundy on the Drew & Scott show who said it. Regardless, the idea intrigued me as well as long as Ivory doesn't receive an offer sheet from the Saints (which would force us to surrender a draft pick) to sign him. I don't think the Saints give him an offer sheet and he becomes a UFA. Good signing!

I like Cooper a lot but I'm just not in the camp that believes we have such a glaring weakness along the OL that we have to spend two picks on it. I could be wrong, and OL is a need, but I honestly think we have bigger needs on the defensive side of the ball. I like Montee Ball as a player but he will have maybe 4 productive years in the NFL before the 900+ carries he had in Wisconsin begin to take their toll, reducing him to a situational player rather than the every-down back you expect a third round pick to be. I also think that because of the depth at RB in this years class that almost all of them are going to get drafted earlier by RB-needy teams than they should be.

As I said in broncospride95's mock, I don't see us spending a premium pick on a S. Elway is fiercely loyal to his draft picks and I think they view Moore and Carter as long-term starters at the S spots.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
I heard Chris Ivory mentioned as a possible addition for us at RB on the radio this week; I think it was Nate Lundy on the Drew & Scott show who said it. Regardless, the idea intrigued me as well as long as Ivory doesn't receive an offer sheet from the Saints (which would force us to surrender a draft pick) to sign him. I don't think the Saints give him an offer sheet and he becomes a UFA. Good signing!

As I said in broncospride95's mock, I don't see us spending a premium pick on a S. Elway is fiercely loyal to his draft picks and I think they view Moore and Carter as long-term starters at the S spots.

Hope this happens; I agree.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alonzo isn't going in the 5th. He's arguably the 4-5th best ILB in this class.

Also, why would Cooper slip? Some are saying he may leap Warmack he's been that impressive.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Alonzo isn't going in the 5th. He's arguably the 4-5th best ILB in this class.

Also, why would Cooper slip? Some are saying he may leap Warmack he's been that impressive.

Gotta agree with Pookie here. If anything Warmack slips. Cooper has OG/OC versatility and elite athleticism. He's gonna be long gone. Alonso will be a 3rd rounder, I'd bet the house on that.

Thanks, Tzimisce

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: