Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tavon Austin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
attack_in_s/b

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:13 am    Post subject: Tavon Austin Reply with quote

Hey guys,raider fan here. Only commenting on your thread because as much as i love Oakland.... RG3 is my boy. Was praying all draft long last year that some how Oak would find some way to steal him... obv to no avail. Regardless.... got RG3's jersey on my wall....

Anyways, point being; as an RG3 fan, imo Austin could take your offense to the next level. Austin is an all around threat.... normally im not a huge fan of the 'tweeners', however.... you guys run a very unorthodox, spread offense... imo adding a guy like austin would be perfect. Austin is a guy you have to account for at any position on the field... he really can take it to the house whenever he's got the ball. You guys seem to run a lot of plays that revolve simply around getting the ball to a playmaker.... whether it's read options, options, bubbles screens, bombs etc.... IMO the way your offense works, a guy like Austin fits perfectly. He's just a play maker. Doesn't matter how he gets the ball or where, he's a play maker. IMO that is something your offense seems to be very adapt at.... not making a player one dimensional. What makes Austin great is the fact that he isn't a WR, he's a play maker. You guys seem to have a knack for utilizing playmakers.... Call me crazy but i can just picture Austin in a skins uni.... and wow is it scary.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Austin ran a 4.25 40 yard dash! Lets gooo mountaineers!

Sorry bro, but no way he's there for us at 51. He's a young Santana Moss
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
lavar703

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

I disagree Turtle. I believe Moss was far more advanced as a wide receiver prospect and much more talented.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

I disagree Turtle. I believe Moss was far more advanced as a wide receiver prospect and much more talented.
well I went to Wvu when moss was in school and we played them twice a year when Miami was still in the big east.

As a x Wvu student I've seen a lot of Tavon Austin.

Just go watch the orange bowl Wvu vs Clemson last year and tell me you don't see Moss in Austin. Watch the Baylor, And Texas games from this year.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea. Watch the baylor game with their last placed ranked D play a guy. Always a good judgement call. Laughing Laughing

Trinidad: Where you can play dodgeball, jump off a diving board, and call a team the Redskins without the Communist Left sayin otherwise.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to jump in the Moss vs. Austin debate, but I also think he'll be gone by the time we pick.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:
Yea. Watch the baylor game with their last placed ranked D play a guy. Always a good judgement call. Laughing Laughing
he did it vs everyone though, not just that game. Just giving an example Wink

http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000144535/

He's Percy Harvin and Wes Welker wrapped into one!

Quote:
The 5-foot-9, 174-pound Austin was a sensation on WVU's pass-based spread offense last season, and NFL Network analyst Marshall Faulk called him "Percy Harvin and Wes Welker wrapped into one."

Marcus21

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
PARROTHEAD wrote:

Quote:
The 5-foot-9, 174-pound Austin was a sensation on WVU's pass-based spread offense last season, and NFL Network analyst Marshall Faulk called him "Percy Harvin and Wes Welker wrapped into one."

He made Tony Jefferson look like a chump in the OU game...just sayn
attack_in_s/b

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at pick 51 theres a good chance he's gone. Regardless of where he's projected, he's the kind of player a team will reach on.... imo he'll go higher than expected. However, you guys clearly have no issue trading up ;)

Just tossing this out there though, imo Hankerson is gonna be a beast. Absolutely loved him at Miami, WR is a bit crowded in washington atm but give it time... Garcon and Hankerson with Austin playing the slot.... wow.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
PARROTHEAD wrote:

Quote:

He made Tony Jefferson look like a chump in the OU game...just sayn
yep. He's electric in the open field
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
PARROTHEAD wrote:

I know he did it to everyone. But using the worst defense Ive ever seen as an example isnt a plus you should use. lol

But for him. Worst case. Hes Jacoby Ford or Trendon Holliday. And thats at worst. Which would still make him a valuable commodity to any team.
Being he is a guy that will see field, with practically 0 chance of bust. Hes valuable in the draft. I can see teams jumping on him early. And cant blame them a bit for doing so.
Not going to toss any names on who to compare him to. Cause I dont know how Id use him exactly just yet. Havent thought about it. But a streaker down the edge like Ford or over the middle like Welker, or taking alot of dumps and screens. Hes versatile. And hope someone has a great gameplan to use him to his fullest. Cause I think he could break a play wide open at any moment.

Trinidad: Where you can play dodgeball, jump off a diving board, and call a team the Redskins without the Communist Left sayin otherwise.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
PARROTHEAD wrote:

I know he did it to everyone. But using the worst defense Ive ever seen as an example isnt a plus you should use. lol

But for him. Worst case. Hes Jacoby Ford or Trendon Holliday. And thats at worst. Which would still make him a valuable commodity to any team.
Being he is a guy that will see field, with practically 0 chance of bust. Hes valuable in the draft. I can see teams jumping on him early. And cant blame them a bit for doing so.
Not going to toss any names on who to compare him to. Cause I dont know how Id use him exactly just yet. Havent thought about it. But a streaker down the edge like Ford or over the middle like Welker, or taking alot of dumps and screens. Hes versatile. And hope someone has a great gameplan to use him to his fullest. Cause I think he could break a play wide open at any moment.
Id use him how moss was used as a young WR for the jets or how the Vikings use Harvin. He's a similar player.
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might actually send him streaking turtle.

RG has a arm, We have a run game with Morris. Got Garcon on the outside too.
Send him streaking down field like Ford. Could open the middle and let the TEs have that portion of the field.

Then we have deep, middle, short all covered. Run game covered, and a qb that can get out of trouble and wait on plays to develop.
Wed be dangerous at every single aspect of offense then.

And to mix it up Id leave him as a dumpoff outlet for RG. That could be where hes most dangerous. But thats not a card you want to show your hand on ever play. Gotta spread that D out, which he can help do.

turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:
I might actually send him streaking turtle.
haha. I thought you just said you saw me streaking?

I'm in New Orleans for a bachelor party! Haha. I was like, nope- wasn't me Laughing

Quote:

RG has a arm, We have a run game with Morris. Got Garcon on the outside too.

Send him streaking down field like Ford. Could open the middle and let the TEs have that portion of the field.

Then we have deep, middle, short all covered. Run game covered, and a qb that can get out of trouble and wait on plays to develop.
Wed be dangerous at every single aspect of offense then.

And to mix it up Id leave him as a dumpoff outlet for RG. That could be where hes most dangerous. But thats not a card you want to show your hand on ever play. Gotta spread that D out, which he can help do.
he'll be a guy you mix it up with like Moss in the early 2000's (before we tried to make him our #1 wr,) which he never was a #1 type and he should be used like Harvin.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: