Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who are you excited to see?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rollins

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:34 am    Post subject: Who are you excited to see? Reply with quote

With 3 days left of the combine, who are you most interested in seeing? I personally am a defensive guy so most of my favorites are on defense. I love watching the defensive lineman go through their drills. This year is especially exciting because it is a rare year where pass rusher is one of our top 2 or 3 needs and there are an abundance of really talented pass rushers available. I am really anxious to see some of these guys come out and compete. I want to see which players seem to be flexible enough to bend the corner as a pass rusher as well as drop into coverage as needed.

The payers I am most excited to see:

Brandon Jenkins- Coming off the lisfranc injury I am curious to see how explosive he is. If not for the injury I think he would have been a top 15 pick maybe even top 10. This guy had all the skills you look for in a 3-4 OLB before the injury if he's back to being his old self, he might be the steal of the draft in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Corey Lemonier- This guy did not have the best junior year even though he started off the year great coming off a good sophomore campaign. Some of that could be due to receiving more attention and some due the ankle injury he sustained. I want to see how he looks doing LB drills. Another 2nd or 3rd round prospect I really like.

Jamie Collins- Yet another OLB this time a 3-4 round prospect who intrigues me. I see he has the nastiness and intensity I like to see. A versatile and intelligent player that was actually a former Safety. Just don't know if he has the explosiveness to rush the passer in the NFL.

Matt Elem- Absolutely love this guy. Would love to see him become the heir apparent to Troy. He has the perfect mentality to be a Steelers Safety.

Keenen Allen- We know he has the route running and hands to be a good receiver but I think he is being underrated because he is not as flashy as Patterson, Williams, Austin, or Hunter. I think he is the best of the bunch and might surprise people with his speed at the combine.

Juwan Jamison, Montee Ball, Stepfan Taylor- Really interested to see these three run the 40 and catch the football. Like them all as 3rd and 4th round prospects if they are there.

Who are you interested on seeing?[/u]
armsteeld

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christian Michaels
Johnthan Banks
Kniles Davis
WR King from GA
Honeybadger
Ziggy
Kenjuan Barner
EJ Manuel
Vac Stacy
Arthur Brown
All of the DBs

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I think would be worth the price of admission

Lining up Markus Wheaton, Marquise Goodwin, Tavon Austin & throw in Quinton Patton for a timed race.

Very interested to see the times of
Montee Ball
Kenjon Barner

and the above...

Was disappointed Fauria didnt run today.

...you have a forum resume?
mosteelers

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brandon Kaufman

Sig courtesy of miafins23 Thanks
jebrick

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lane Johnson made himself some money yesterday. He might be the #1 OT off the board. Looked smooth in the kickout drills where as Luke Joeckel looked choppy.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
Lane Johnson made himself some money yesterday. He might be the #1 OT off the board. Looked smooth in the kickout drills where as Luke Joeckel looked choppy.

I dont think he rises that high but very well could be gone by 7 to Arizona. I feel Fischer could easily be #1 overall. I've had some concerns about Joeckel being overhyped not that he's not going to be good but I think he got promoted so high because of a lack of a clear #1 and seemed like a safe choice to anoint.

...you have a forum resume?
armsteeld

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Austin 4.25

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
popie70

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
jebrick wrote:

I dont think he rises that high but very well could be gone by 7 to Arizona. I feel Fischer could easily be #1 overall. I've had some concerns about Joeckel being overhyped not that he's not going to be good but I think he got promoted so high because of a lack of a clear #1 and seemed like a safe choice to anoint.

Yeah I think Fischer and Joeckel are neck and neck for 1st tackle off the board. It reminds me of Trent Williams and Okung a few years ago. Won't be shocked if either Fischer or Joeckel goes first.
rollins

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot one player:

Trevardo Williams- This guy looks like a mini Debo out there. He has accumulated 24 sacks in the past two seasons. He looks to have all the physical tools needed to be a Steelers LB. He is too short for a lot of 3-4 teams being only 6'1" but thats just right for the Steelers. He has a really good rip move that works with his automatic leverage advantage, the problem is he doesn't use it enough. Too often he relies on strength and speed to beat the blocker. He has a very good get off and speed since he was a highly regarded track guy in high school. He should tear up the combine. My only question for him is will he be able to handle dropping back in coverage.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manti Te'o and how he does on his splits. I would of liked to see his BP numbers, but his agility drills are also what's important.

Xavier Rhodes 40 time and his agility drills. I know that the Steelers are going to make K. Lewis a priority right after M. Wallace departs. But if Lewis isn't retained I'd really like the Steelers to take Rhodes.

Brandon Jenkins has been up in down for the pass 3 yrs. But his all around numbers and drills could solidify him in my eyes

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
Manti Te'o and how he does on his splits. I would of liked to see his BP numbers, but his agility drills are also what's important.

Xavier Rhodes 40 time and his agility drills. I know that the Steelers are going to make K. Lewis a priority right after M. Wallace departs. But if Lewis isn't retained I'd really like the Steelers to take Rhodes.

Brandon Jenkins has been up in down for the pass 3 yrs. But his all around numbers and drills could solidify him in my eyes

Te'o reportedly won't be participating in the Bench Press.
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quantreus Smith, Western Kentucky. His athlticism will be displayed.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bacarri Rambo. I've been very high on this guy.
KJtheWicked

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leon Sandcastle. Laughing

Go Noles!
rollins

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 3-4 OLB that I mentioned I was excited about:

Trevardo Williams- Fastest 40, best high jump and 3rd best broad jump. I was disappointed to not see him in any of the drills. But I think this guy is perfect for the Steelers and can be had in the 3rd round becuase of he is only 6'1"

Brandon Jenkins- did not do any of the measurable tests. Looked horrible in the drills. I was very high on this guy, might be rust coming back from the Lisfranc injury.

Corey Lemonier- Showed great speed and explosion, but did look a tad bit stiff in the drills. Still like this guy a lot.

Overall the 2nd and 3rd round prospects have looked really good and i would much rather have these guys than those early long lanky prospects like mingo, jordan, and moore

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: