Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titans workout/visits/interviews (Updated 4-16)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansfan10s wrote:
I happen to be a Florida State student who has access to the Athlete's facilities and I saw a Titans coach or scout (looked like a coach) walking and talking with Brandon Jenkins. He could have spent time talking with Bjoern, Tank Carradine, Manilek Watson, or Everett Dawkins as well. Not sure if they were there.

EDIT: The coach was Steve Brown, i'm positive. As an Assistant Secondary coach, I'm sure he was looking at Xavier Rhodes.

(Perhaps this says more that they only sent the assistant secondary coach to visit?) If they have genuine interest I think they'll show it by inviting him for a workout in Tennessee.

I don't want anything to do with Jenkins. I like Rhodes but not at 10. Not a fan of Werner and I'm a big fan of Carradine if he's healthy.

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Zac Stacy's twitter

Quote:
Meeting/Visit with Titans went well. Very good staff & organization.

Aww shucks Embarassed Laughing

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR -- 9 CAR 29 YDS, 1 REC 17 YDS
2) Sammie Hill NT -- 2 TCK 1 SCK
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“@jwyattsports: In addition to RB Zac Stacy and QB Jordan Rodgers, #Vandy DL Rob Lohr also visiting #Titans today. CB Trey Wilson could at some point too”
justing101

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Tennessean's Jim Wyatt reports the Tennessee Titans worked out Louisiana Tech WR Quinton Patton.
The Titans have shopped around wide receiver Nate Washington, which indicates they could be looking to replace him with another perimeter receiver. Kenny Britt is talented but unreliable, while last year's first round selection Kendall Wright is likely to be primarily an outside receiver. Patton is likely in the same boat as a pro, which makes this an interesting workout.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
Quote:
The Tennessean's Jim Wyatt reports the Tennessee Titans worked out Louisiana Tech WR Quinton Patton.
The Titans have shopped around wide receiver Nate Washington, which indicates they could be looking to replace him with another perimeter receiver. Kenny Britt is talented but unreliable, while last year's first round selection Kendall Wright is likely to be primarily an outside receiver. Patton is likely in the same boat as a pro, which makes this an interesting workout.

Due dilligence on a local guy and it will not count against their predraft visits. No way he is going to be drafted at #10 and he will not be there in the 2nd round when they pick.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
justing101

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Dallas Morning News' Brandon George reports Texas S Kenny Vaccaro will work out for the Tennessee Titans on March 27.
The Titans will likely be looking to add a safety in the draft and they could do just that by drafting Vaccaro with the No. 10 overall selection. Vaccaro is highly rated by many for his athleticism and man coverage ability but needs to improve in run defense. He's the type of defender that fits the new wave of slot receivers, as he can mirror them in isolation with relative ease.

I REALLY hope we don't take him at 10.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
Quote:
The Dallas Morning News' Brandon George reports Texas S Kenny Vaccaro will work out for the Tennessee Titans on March 27.
The Titans will likely be looking to add a safety in the draft and they could do just that by drafting Vaccaro with the No. 10 overall selection. Vaccaro is highly rated by many for his athleticism and man coverage ability but needs to improve in run defense. He's the type of defender that fits the new wave of slot receivers, as he can mirror them in isolation with relative ease.

I REALLY hope we don't take him at 10.

I don't want him at all.

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
KingTitan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
TitanInsider ‏@TitanInsider247

#Titans still looking at guards. They plan to bring in Chance Warmack, Jonathan Cooper and Larry Warford.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jim Wyatt ‏@jwyattsports

Kentucky DE Collins Ukwu, who went to LaVergne, also counted as a local predraft visitor for #Titans. So did TSU RB Trabis Ward
TT4Life7

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

May have missed it, but have we brought Ansah in for a visit? I know people question his immediate impact, but I still think he could be valuable in his rookie season. I have no problem with starting Morgan and Wimbley on 1st and 2nd down with Ansah coming in on 3rd down, coupled with Ayers occasionally coming off the edge.

Technically the Titans only really NEED a starter at one posistion and that's CB. If Milliner is off the board, the rest of the positions on defense would be luxury picks. That's what guys like Ansah, Star, Floyd, Richardson, ect. would be. Don't get me wrong. Star, Richardson, and Floyd would all be immediate starters, but the way the Titans have addressed FA along with the current talent and depth we already have at DT, I think other posisitions should be filled first. We do have starters at DE right now, but it stil needs to be upgraded. We have no depth with any real potential behind Morgan and Wimbley.

Think JPP when he was drafted by NY. They had Tuck and Osi and didn't need him to play all 3 downs his rookie year. Not saying Ansah is the next JPP, but the situation could be similar.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“@ProFootballTalk: S Jonathan Cyprien will visit 11 teams: Falcons, Panthers, Redskins, Cowboys, Dolphins, Jags, Cards, Titans, Browns, Niners, Texans.”
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
terrymc13: #Titans have interest in Syracuse OL Justin Pugh. Visit likely forthcoming.”

“@terrymc13: #Titans held a private workout last week with Georgia DB Sanders Commings.”
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walterfootball says we have had Kiko Alonso in for a visit.
http://walterfootball.com/draft2013meetingsteams.php

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR -- 9 CAR 29 YDS, 1 REC 17 YDS
2) Sammie Hill NT -- 2 TCK 1 SCK
KingTitan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Tennessean's Jim Wyatt reports the Tennessee Titans are having Texas S Kenny Vaccaro, FSU CB Xavier Rhodes and Cal C Brian Schwenke in for a visit.
Vaccaro has been connected with the Titans earlier this draft season, so there is no surprise that he is linked once again. Cornerback Xavier Rhodes is a first, though, and a fit for the defense because of how much it uses Cover 2. Rhodes is very physical and might be best suited for the scheme. Cal's Schwenke is a versatile lineman, with the ability to play guard or center.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
Quote:
The Tennessean's Jim Wyatt reports the Tennessee Titans are having Texas S Kenny Vaccaro, FSU CB Xavier Rhodes and Cal C Brian Schwenke in for a visit.
Vaccaro has been connected with the Titans earlier this draft season, so there is no surprise that he is linked once again. Cornerback Xavier Rhodes is a first, though, and a fit for the defense because of how much it uses Cover 2. Rhodes is very physical and might be best suited for the scheme. Cal's Schwenke is a versatile lineman, with the ability to play guard or center.

The Xavier Rhodes visit sits well with me. If we trade back and go his direction in the 1st round, I wouldn't have any hard feelings about that at all. He'd probably be the best CB pickup for us since Samari Rolle (not even excluding Finny).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: