Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Austin to return in 13 as well?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
textaz03

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Austin to return in 13 as well? Reply with quote

http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000144196/

Quote:
Citing a team source, NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported Saturday that the Cowboys remain committed to Austin. The team remains focused on making sure the wide receiver is healthy before the 2013 season.

As with Ratliff, it better be at a reduced rate. We need CAP relief!

I really like Miles, him and Bryant are a very good duo! But, I don't like his constant glass legs and missing games. He needs to be out on the field earning his keep!!

Now, if we keep Miles and Rat, where are we going to get this CAP relief from?

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
Desperado82

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
‏@nickeatman
Jerry Jones said Miles Austin is in the Cowboys' plans for 2013. But it sounds like changes in his contract will be made to help cap.

I think we'll see Ratliff and Austin back, but both will likely have to rework their contracts.

^^^Deadpulse
atran35

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Restructure their contracts.
Kenny3000

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

austin is more of a liability than an asset on the field. we should cut him.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Austin to return in 13 as well? Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
I really like Miles, him and Bryant are a very good duo! But, I don't like his constant glass legs and missing games. He needs to be out on the field earning his keep!!

Now, if we keep Miles and Rat, where are we going to get this CAP relief from?

Even with all of his injuries, he still puts up near 1000 yard season. That says a lot.

As for cap relief, Free would be a fine cut. But I doubt we will be active in FA anyways, so its probably a moot point.

plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenny3000 wrote:

With all the supposed time he missed, due to being injured all the time, why haven't we had anyone even close to showing they can man the #2wr position? We can't solidify the slot yet, and you want to cut Austin?
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:37 am    Post subject: Re: Austin to return in 13 as well? Reply with quote

Quote:
Citing a team source, NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported Saturday that the Cowboys remain committed to Austin. The team remains focused on making sure the wide receiver is healthy before the 2013 season.

That should 2 weeks into training camp.
eagles suck

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that Miles will restructure his contract, but cutting Free, Conner and other dead weight, along with Romo's new contract and Carrs revise of contract we should be in good shape to sign a key player and draft picks.
Kenny3000

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
Kenny3000 wrote:

With all the supposed time he missed, due to being injured all the time, why haven't we had anyone even close to showing they can man the #2wr position? We can't solidify the slot yet, and you want to cut Austin?
beasley in the slot. romo doesn't trust austin. he isn't where he's supposed to be and can't find the ball and drops too many passes.

save the money and put ogletree at number two.
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenny3000 wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:
Kenny3000 wrote:

beasley in the slot. romo doesn't trust austin. he isn't where he's supposed to be and can't find the ball and drops too many passes.

OGLETREE?!?!?! really.. Because he had an impact in what? one game last season? the rest of the time he sucked.

- I disagree about Romo not trusting Austin. I have often seen him throw balls to him that you only throw, if you trust your reciever to go up and get it so it doesn't result in a interception. Austin is a very good WR, just a shame that his hammy always is a problem. But unless we get offered atleast a 3rd round pick, there's no reason to trade Austin since we have no one that we really can trust to take over his production. He did have almost 1000 yards last season even with the injuries.
textaz03

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenny3000 wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:
Kenny3000 wrote:

and what games have you been watching? Ogletree?? really???? Romo doesn't trust Miles?? really??

1. Ogletree sucks extremely bad! Shouldnt have been on the squad for the last 2 years.

2. If Romo doesn't trust Miles, he wouldnt have caught 66 balls and 6 TD's.

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
pierrepet

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If keeping Austin means that we can finally get rid of Ogletree, I am on board. I already know I will be pissed in week two of the preseason when Austin is once again injured.

Ironm1ke: "I am a huge Eli supporter, but his 2012 campaign was an epic turd."
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pierrepet wrote:
If keeping Austin means that we can finally get rid of Ogletree, I am on board. I already know I will be pissed in week two of the preseason when Austin is once again injured.

It's guaranteed to happen. It can best be compared to a menstrual cycle. Women have it every 28 days. Miles' hamstrings are equally reliable. The over/under is exactly 2 weeks into training camp (personally I'd put my money on the under). The over under on # of preseason games he actually plays is 1 (personally, I wouldn't touch that one. I think it's a fool's bet... it's begging you to take the over, but in reality "1" is probably the best prediction).
atran35

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenny3000 wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:
Kenny3000 wrote:

This is a HORRIBLE idea. HORRIBLE.
Kenny3000

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
Kenny3000 wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:
Kenny3000 wrote:

and what games have you been watching? Ogletree?? really???? Romo doesn't trust Miles?? really??

1. Ogletree sucks extremely bad! Shouldnt have been on the squad for the last 2 years.

2. If Romo doesn't trust Miles, he wouldnt have caught 66 balls and 6 TD's.

i have watched every single cowboys game since miles has become a cowboy.

how many interceptions are a direct result of his drops/ball clangs right off his hands? he has too many drops and doesn't make enough big plays to justify the all too frequent lapses in mental concentration.

he has been extremely average since his 8 game breakout starting with the chiefs overtime game. he is being paid like a #1. teams do NOT gameplan against him.

1. ogletree isn't ideal but the plan is to save money.

2. romo makes do with what he has. miles should be a lot more productive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: