Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Josh Freeman Extension
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Conquest8089

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Josh Freeman Extension Reply with quote

Bucs Nation Blog & other outlets have reported Buccaneers brass are meeting with Josh Freeman's representative to discuss an extension.

Jason La Canfore reports these meetings will be with Selects Sports Group Agents Erik Burkhardt & Jeff Nalley. This is a development, as Freeman was previously represented by Ken Cramer of CAA Sports- who announced his retirement last year.

The relationship with CAA is extensive- including Jeremy Trueblood, Davin Joseph, Carl Nicks, Jeff Faine, Corvey Irvin, Gerald McCoy, Rennie Curran & Mark Barron.

In contrast, the Bucs have no real historic relationship with Freeman's new representatives.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Risky move Dom. Risky move. Rolling Eyes
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's a smart move. I don't care what anyone says, he's got the talent. Might as well meet see what they are asking for. If you can get a deal done that is incentive based, I'm all for it

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
I think it's a smart move. I don't care what anyone says, he's got the talent. Might as well meet see what they are asking for. If you can get a deal done that is incentive based, I'm all for it

It;s a little different when negotiating contracts for a QB. You sign him to an extension, they want "Franchise QB" money. The Bills and Jets are regretting their extensions.

I can't see it as a smart move at all. You pay him the minimum of what 12 million per year. He doesn't take us to the playoffs next year. Then your stuck.

Freeman started shaky, had a very good 5 game stretch, then finished horrifically down stretch when needed.

He didn't earn an extension. This is his year to do so. He takes us to the playoffs and elevates his game when needed, then he deserves the deal. Right now, too many question marks that revolve around his game right now.
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please no....
Get on the yearly Buc carousel. Start off trash. Look better by mid season. Win 2-3 games at the end of the season. Get the 7th pick. Have what most fans consider a great draft and free agency. Start off trash again. Rinse and repeat
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We u guys freaking out? All Free did was get new reps which well most likely advise him to hold out next year. This means nothing.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how I feel about this.

On one hand Freeman isn;t a bad QB and has the ability to be very good. Making him play for his job might put too much pressure on him and make him crack, and he might be more relaxed with a contract in place, which is great.

Then again, he hasn't necessarily proven to be the guy yet.
apollo14000

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cardinals fan here looking for any possible solution to our trainwreck of a QB situation. Hypothetically, what kind of compensation do you think it would take to trade for Freeman?
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
Cardinals fan here looking for any possible solution to our trainwreck of a QB situation. Hypothetically, what kind of compensation do you think it would take to trade for Freeman?

Swap picks and a 3rd prolly..

Hypothetically speaking, if we did that would you guys want to draft Geno Smith? All the rumors I read so far say that Chiefs will not take a QB in the first round.
Get on the yearly Buc carousel. Start off trash. Look better by mid season. Win 2-3 games at the end of the season. Get the 7th pick. Have what most fans consider a great draft and free agency. Start off trash again. Rinse and repeat
ABucNBradenton

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:

Swap picks and a 3rd prolly..

Hypothetically speaking, if we did that would you guys want to draft Geno Smith? All the rumors I read so far say that Chiefs will not take a QB in the first round.

Only way I'd deal with the cards is if we somehow get Patrick Peterson Wink Laughing
mfw096

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would listen, but he needs to prove to us he is worth keeping. I still have my doubts and believe that we need to look at other options.
scottonatable

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i doubt we trade Josh because we would have noone to start at qb
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottonatable wrote:

This.

We wouldn't trade Josh unless we get a high enough pick to take Geno. If we trade Josh, we have nobody. We would be lucky to win a game.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
scottonatable wrote:

This.

We wouldn't trade Josh unless we get a high enough pick to take Geno. If we trade Josh, we have nobody. We would be lucky to win a game.

This again. This isn't Madden, no one in their right mind would give up on Freeman without a very solid back up plan. Doing so would tank a whole season, and there could still be something there with Freeman.

I can't think of any decisions made that undoubtedly would lead to more losses. I can think of desperate moves made by teams, but never something that would clearly make the team worse.
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol you guys are talking like Freeman has done something...tank season? What did we do last season exactly? Win a few games against some bad teams and get the crap kicked out of us against everyone else?

How many more times must you guys see that stupid look on his face when he throws a pick or overthrows a wide open target before you guys realize we will never go anywhere with him. Go back and re-watch the games the past season in case you guys forgot...

I have a feeling that Orlavsky would of had a better season than Freeman if we would of started him from day 1...

If Cardinals were to swap us picks on draft day for Freeman AND Cheifs pass up on Geno, we would be stupid not to pull the trigger on that move...but then again that has almost no chance of happening

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: