Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My Niners Mock Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TDNiners

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: My Niners Mock Draft Reply with quote

Trade: Alex Smith to Cleveland for conditional 3rd round pick in 2014. Pick could turn into a 2nd round pick if Browns win 9 games and Alex plays 90% of snaps. Turns into 1st round pick of Browns win a Playoff game and Alex plays 95% of snaps

Trade: 31st overall pick and 5th round pick to Bills for 2nd round pick, 41st overall, 4th round pick and 3rd round pick in 2014.

Trade: Our 3rd (93 overall), 4th, 6th and 7th round pick to Oakland for their 3rd round pick (66 overall) and 6th round pick .

Draft:
2nd Round
1a: From Bills: Jesse Williams, DT, Alabama
1b: Margus Hunt, DE, SMU

3rd:
1a: From Raiders: David Amerson, CB, NC State
1b: From Panthers: Alex Okafor, OLB, Texas

4th:
1a: From Bills: Da'Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech
1b: Compensatory pick: Levine Tiololo, TE, Stanford

5th:
1: From Colts: Dustin Hopkins, K, Florida State

6th:
1a: From Raiders: Marquise Goodwin, WR, Texas
1b: From Dolphins: Manase Foketi, OT, Kansas State

7th:
1a: From Bengals: Ray Ray Armstrong, S, Miami
1b: Compensatory pick: Terrence Brown, CB, Stanford
1c: Compensatory pick: Nate Montana, QB, West Virginia Wesleyan
Forge

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: My Niners Mock Draft Reply with quote

TDNiners wrote:
Trade: Alex Smith to Cleveland for conditional 3rd round pick in 2014. Pick could turn into a 2nd round pick if Browns win 9 games and Alex plays 90% of snaps. Turns into 1st round pick of Browns win a Playoff game and Alex plays 95% of snaps

Trade: 31st overall pick and 5th round pick to Bills for 2nd round pick, 41st overall, 4th round pick and 3rd round pick in 2014.

Trade: Our 3rd (93 overall), 4th, 6th and 7th round pick to Oakland for their 3rd round pick (66 overall) and 6th round pick .

Draft:
2nd Round

3rd:

4th:

5th:

6th:

7th:

Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of the first 4 picks. Hunt is a physical freak with no production, and I'm just not a fan of raw selections like that early. Williams doesn't generate enough pressure for my liking and I think he strictly a two down player at most. In my opinion he ends up playing 30-35% of snaps just like sopoaga. Amerson can't play man, and was routinely beat by the deep ball, which is our secondarys problem. I don't mind okafor as much as the top 3, but I'm not sure he can play at the next level. He's got talent though so there is something to work with and for now he's strictly depth, so maybe he could grow into something

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
TDNiners

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: My Niners Mock Draft Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
TDNiners wrote:

Draft:
2nd Round

3rd:

4th:

5th:

6th:

7th:

Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of the first 4 picks. Hunt is a physical freak with no production, and I'm just not a fan of raw selections like that early. Williams doesn't generate enough pressure for my liking and I think he strictly a two down player at most. In my opinion he ends up playing 30-35% of snaps just like sopoaga. Amerson can't play man, and was routinely beat by the deep ball, which is our secondarys problem. I don't mind okafor as much as the top 3, but I'm not sure he can play at the next level. He's got talent though so there is something to work with and for now he's strictly depth, so maybe he could grow into something

He'd play more than Jenkins played this year. And as 2nd round picks, that's when raw players are taken. Sopoaga and RJF are FA's so we need to fill their spots. And they'll be on rookie contracts so they will be a lot cheaper. Amerson has the size to match up with the big receivers in the league. Plus he is a proven ballhawk, which we don't have on the roster.
big9erfan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: My Niners Mock Draft Reply with quote

TDNiners wrote:
Forge wrote:
TDNiners wrote:

Draft:
2nd Round

3rd:

4th:

5th:

6th:

7th:

He'd play more than Jenkins played this year. And as 2nd round picks, that's when raw players are taken. Sopoaga and RJF are FA's so we need to fill their spots. And they'll be on rookie contracts so they will be a lot cheaper. Amerson has the size to match up with the big receivers in the league. Plus he is a proven ballhawk, which we don't have on the roster.

I agree about Hunt. Too risky for a first rounder even though he has a huge upside. But bottom of the second is a real good spot for him

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: My Niners Mock Draft Reply with quote

TDNiners wrote:
Forge wrote:
TDNiners wrote:

Draft:
2nd Round

3rd:

4th:

5th:

6th:

7th:

I'm not sure what Jenkins has to do with it, but I don't think the justification of "he'd play more than Jenkins did this year" should ever be used in regards to drafting a player. Our undrafted 3rd string rookie tight end played more than Jenkins this year. Jenkins, at this point, has to be considered the biggest first round bust of last year. Now, that may not hold up, and he may prove to be a stud, but the fact that even with the injuries he couldn't get in and play and was passed up in a critical spot in the playoffs for chad hall doesn't inspire much confidence. There are simply other NT's I'd either rather have that early (john jenkins comes to mind), or other NT's i'd rather pick lower who have similar upside and to me present better value for their pick (brandon williams in the third, kwame gathers or Montori Hughes in the fifth or so).

And yes, Amerson is a bit of a ball hawk...but he still can't cover and gambles way too much. He was routinely torched last year, and even the year before that, in another thread someone said that even with all those interceptions he was still beaten a ton (i didn't follow him much last year) and is a dreadful tackler. If we don't take a CB with one of our first two picks, there are about half a dozen other CBs available in rounds 3 and 4 i'd much rather have than Amerson; just personal preference. As for hunt, i'm just not a fan of his game and i think he has too much total bust probability for my liking.

Everyone has their own opinions on prospects, and everyone has their own drafting strategy. I tend to value higher production guys with defined, definite skill sets rather than all out raw crazy potential. I'll always take a slightly lower ceiling for production. That's just my way. I just feel with your first two picks in any draft you should get some degree of decent production even in that first year, or at least try to. I generally don't like the "he could be a solid contributor in 2-3 years until you start hitting those late 3 and 4th round picks. Then I'm all about talent in the wake of injuries (rooting that we pick lattimore this year at the end of the third/4th round this year for example) and talented guys with character/production concerns (Marquess Wilson is a good example here, and i think he's definitely worth a look in the 5th range should he fall there).

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: