Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tyler Efiert
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pope137

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Tyler Efiert Reply with quote

Honestly he's showing out at the combine. He has all the tools both physically and mentaly.

Hypothetically speaking if we sign a #1 wideout in free agency and don't address many more needs then that. Would you guys be okay taking him at 12?

I know we have other needs that appear bigger, but honestly can we afford to pass on that much talent?
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching the Combine on TV I was thinking the same thing, but then I try to remind myself not to let the Combine get me too excited...I like him, but I think there is better value in a DE/CB/OL at 12.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At 12? Hell no.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Watching the Combine on TV I was thinking the same thing, but then I try to remind myself not to let the Combine get me too excited...I like him, but I think there is better value in a DE/CB/OL at 12.

This is my thoughts also. The combine can be deceiving. If we can get a trade back then I would say yes but at 12 theres more value at positions of need

Adopt a Dolphin: RB Knowshon Moreno

Rushing: 24- 134yds 5.6 Avg 1TD
pope137

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:

Just based off of his perfrormace in season I think he's worthy of the pick, he played with sub-par quarterback play consistently was successful, was able to split out wide and routinely beat cornerback. And too top it all off he's a solid blocker. He's a complete player at the tight end position. Combine numbers are just the icing on the cake for me. The kid is the goods.
pope137

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:

I see alot of the guys that we could want gettin picked before we select
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emerica wrote:
At 12? Hell no.

How do you really feel Laughing

Adopt a Dolphin: RB Knowshon Moreno

Rushing: 24- 134yds 5.6 Avg 1TD
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyler Eifert is obviously a great talent and I have seen lesser talented players get picked at 12 and before 12 then him but I would certanly prefer a different direction or maybe trade back some spots to get him. I had him as a low 20's guy the entire time and would make it a point to people that he wasnt getting to us at 42.
Deadeye

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's always a mistake to elevate someone because of the combine results. Let the film determine how players are ranked. Let the combine harm someones stock if they show up out of shape, or perform worse than the film indicated they would.

Every year some work-out warrior stuns the crowd with a great 40 time or huge number of bench press repetitions. Then they get drafted high and become a bust. It's called the "Mamula Effect".

I'm in favor of a trade down, which will be nearly impossible because the talent disparity from 12 to 30 is very flat. Thus, if no trade down emerges and we use the pick, we need a top flight pass rusher or o-lineman. Then hit the skill positions hard in rounds two and three.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eifert has been a mid 20-30 type game tape player after today he still is
pope137

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the type of kid that falls to the 23rd pick or late teens and 2 years from now people are saying he shouldve been a top 10 pick or better, MARK IT DOWN.
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I care about is his game tape. His 40 time only tells me he can run well in a straight line. But I do think he would be a upgrade. I dont get caught up into a player being drafted too high if you want him. The point is if Miami wants him bad enough and does not believe he will last to their second pick, they should take him or do some sort of trade to move back into the first round.
Maddogg

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is nice at TE but, I have him, Ertz and Reed grouped closely togeher as third round picks. Remember gentlemen the Combine should only be used as an affirmation as to the abilities they show playing the game.

Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 11, Tackles 11 Assists 3 Sacks 1 Forced Fumbles 1
Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 11 : Death 30 Joe 34
Emerica

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People put way too much stock in the Scouting Combine. For every guy that blows up the combine and becomes a stud, there's one who becomes a dud. Just looking at last year, Dontari Poe, Stephen Hill and Clyde Gates in his draft year. The Combine should be used only to confirm the doubts or the thing you knew about the player. Stick to the game tapes to judge a player.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes and no there have been players who were over drafted based on combine performace and some players have made there name and moved up based on the combine and went on to star. Eifert game tape and production are much better the former Norte Dame TE kyle rudolph and now so is his combine performance its all a process. Rudolph went 41st overall and every year is different but Eifert ability to win jump balls with his outstanding catch radius and not just his size is big. Time will tell but I have had him late 1st for awhile especially in this pass happy league. Eifert is a matchup problem so much so Alabama lined up dee miliner on him the entire game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: