You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Minicamp: Notes and Quotes

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Minicamp: Notes and Quotes Reply with quote

Browns are in the middle of their 1st minicamp. Bits and pieces are coming out from the media.

Jabaal Sheard is slated to started at ROLB (weak side).
Obviously, this means Kruger will start on the strong side. Chud made some positive comments about Sheard's transition to OLB.
Article: http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/04/jabaal_sheard_looks_to_impress.html

Norv Turner wants to help T-Rich follow in Emmitt Smith's footsteps.
Most remember that Richardson went to the same high school as Emmitt, and Norv was Emmitt's OC for several years. Expectations are high for Richardson.
Article: http://www.ohio.com/sports/browns/marla-ridenour-browns-norv-turner-will-try-to-help-trent-richardson-follow-in-emmitt-smith-s-footsteps-1.390288

Weeden opened as starter. Chud insists that competition is genuine.
Chud: "Campbell will get some reps with the ones as well along the way. But this is a long, long process and there's a long time between now and our opener. We've got plenty of time and this is just the first step."
Article: http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/04/cleveland_browns_qb_brandon_we_8.html

Offense expected to be more shotgun-heavy, including pistol formation.
Philips Rivers operated out of the shotgun about 75% of the time last year under Norv.
Weeden interview (audio): http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/media-center/videos/Brandon-Weeden-Press-Conference---416/3e1130bc-c55d-446e-a55c-1738299760d0

I'm sure there's more stuff out there. This is the first time the coaches and players have practiced together.

If you see other notable articles or quotes, please post them.

It will happen some day. Not sure when.
zelbell

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the shotgun and pistol looks will be nice to see, as Weeden used those much more extensively in college

2016 Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award
JammerHammer21 wrote:
(It's impossible to deny how good OSU has been Laughing)

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
This is better then the circus
candyman93

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DP just fapped at that Emmit Smith comment
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
DP just fapped at that Emmit Smith comment

AND I'LL DO IT AGAIN TO!!!!
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still cannot believe how many people are worried about Jabaal Sheard. It is James-Michael Johnson we should all be worried about. He is hands down the weakest link in that front 7 at this point. He did improve as the season went along I will give him that, however, he better grow a pair and get tougher or he'll never make it.

Jamison on the sig
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
I still cannot believe how many people are worried about Jabaal Sheard. It is James-Michael Johnson we should all be worried about. He is hands down the weakest link in that front 7 at this point. He did improve as the season went along I will give him that, however, he better grow a pair and get tougher or he'll never make it.

Only thing i'm worried about is either how he does in coverage, or if we won't even drop him in coverage, which will really tip our hand pre snap

2015 Adopt-A-Brown:
Joe Thomas, GOAT
Christian Kirksey, ILB
Entropy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:

Only thing i'm worried about is either how he does in coverage, or if we won't even drop him in coverage, which will really tip our hand pre snap

Has anyone ever posted his coverage snaps from last year? That might give us an idea.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DQ:

Quote:
"I'm going to have a lot more opportunities to blitz,'' he said. "I won't be stationary. ... We have a lot of different fronts, so it won't be one look all the time.

"We've got a lot of movement and it's harder for an offense to hit a moving target, (unlike) in years past, where you just stand there all day and feel like you don't make plays and get blocked all the way down the field.''

pre-snap movement on the defensive side? what a novel concept.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/04/cleveland_browns_lb_dqwell_jac_7.html

T-Rich:

Quote:
"I feel great," he said. "I wish you could watch the whole practice. I'm out there flying around. I finally feel skinny without all them big pads [to protect the ribs] on me. It's easy to breathe. I can sleep at night. It's a fresh breath on me."

And last year? "It was tough, man," he said. "There's a lot of stuff I didn't say and I don't know if I can really say it now. There would be times I really couldn't get going up until like Friday and I had to be out there Sunday. I can't wait 'til this year. I think there's going to be a big smile on everybody's faces after the games.

http://www.cleveland.com/livingston/index.ssf/2013/04/trent_richardson_counting_on_s.html

so as many of us suspected TRich was injured much of last year. now is the time for him to steamroll (hopefully not helmet-first) into defenders. in the article Kruger said he's much like Ray Rice, which sure as hell ain't a bad thing
fatpig

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weeden

Quote:
"I want to compete, and having Jason here is better for everyone involved because we'll push each other," Weeden said, according to The Associated Press. "This is probably the biggest year of my career because I've got to show that I can play at this level and make adjustments.

"Now that it's my second year here, it's my time to take control and be the guy. They're not going to stick me out there if they don't think I'm the guy who can win games."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000160398/article/brandon-weeden-its-time-for-me-to-take-control?campaign=Twitter_atl

Weeden took 1st team snaps but Chud says not to read too far into that. i have a feeling that it will be a true QB competition with Campbell having a legit shot at starting week 1 if he has a good camp and Weeden doesn't improve.
ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:

Yeah, ILB is the definite weak link in the front 7. D'Qwell should be fine (weak side, I assume). It honestly would've been nice to keep Gocong, as he's at least serviceable on the strong side. I have no idea who will start right now at the other ILB slot (JMJ or Robertson or FA or draftee).

It will happen some day. Not sure when.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: