Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Banner speaks at the combine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Productiondawg

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Banner speaks at the combine Reply with quote

Here's some interesting twitter take always from his presser.

@NateUlrichABJ: #Browns CEO Joe Banner said team will give QB Brandon Weeden, 29, best chance to succeed. No reason to think he can't play for 5 or 6 yrs.

@jsbrownsinsider: #Browns beat guys just met with Joe Banner for an hour. He said plan is to give Weeden chance to succeed. Doesn't anticipate any trades.

@MaryKayCabot: #browns Joe banner said trading assets is unlikely. "we're looking to build at this time."

@jsbrownsinsider: Banner likes #Browns offensine line, but says defensive front 7 needs work.

@treedPD: Biggest takeaway from informal meeting with Joe Banner -- Brandon Weeden likely will be QB at least for next season. #Browns

@NateUlrichABJ: #Browns CEO Joe Banner on cap space: "I view this yr as good yr to be in the free-agent market."

@NateUlrichABJ: #Browns CEO Joe Banner said it's hard to know whether team will stay put at No. 6. Said his history is trading.

@RuiterWrongFAN: They see potential and ability to work w/ Weeden & have people proven who can work w/ young QB bit also need to see development right away

@MaryKayCabot: #browns Joe banner said he thinks Weeden will be better in second year, better w/ norv and better w/ improved skill players.

@NateUlrichABJ: #Browns CEO Joe Banner said he doesn't expect team to pick QB in 1st or 2nd round (they currently don't have one in 2nd round).

Looks like Brandon will be our QB for at least the next season, doesn't look like a trade for another QB is likely.

Looks like free agency could be a fun time for us fanatical posters.

Also looks like DL or linebacker or a trade down are the most likely scenarios for our first pick.

Overall, I liked what he had to say.

Season tickets, section 315, since 06
See you in the Muni with the Tailgate DJs
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Banner speaks at the combine Reply with quote

Productiondawg wrote:
Here's some interesting twitter take always from his presser.

@NateUlrichABJ: #Browns CEO Joe Banner said team will give QB Brandon Weeden, 29, best chance to succeed. No reason to think he can't play for 5 or 6 yrs.

@jsbrownsinsider: #Browns beat guys just met with Joe Banner for an hour. He said plan is to give Weeden chance to succeed. Doesn't anticipate any trades.

@MaryKayCabot: #browns Joe banner said trading assets is unlikely. "we're looking to build at this time."

@jsbrownsinsider: Banner likes #Browns offensine line, but says defensive front 7 needs work.

@treedPD: Biggest takeaway from informal meeting with Joe Banner -- Brandon Weeden likely will be QB at least for next season. #Browns

@NateUlrichABJ: #Browns CEO Joe Banner on cap space: "I view this yr as good yr to be in the free-agent market."

@NateUlrichABJ: #Browns CEO Joe Banner said it's hard to know whether team will stay put at No. 6. Said his history is trading.

@RuiterWrongFAN: They see potential and ability to work w/ Weeden & have people proven who can work w/ young QB bit also need to see development right away

@MaryKayCabot: #browns Joe banner said he thinks Weeden will be better in second year, better w/ norv and better w/ improved skill players.

@NateUlrichABJ: #Browns CEO Joe Banner said he doesn't expect team to pick QB in 1st or 2nd round (they currently don't have one in 2nd round).

Looks like Brandon will be our QB for at least the next season, doesn't look like a trade for another QB is likely.

Looks like free agency could be a fun time for us fanatical posters.

Also looks like DL or linebacker or a trade down are the most likely scenarios for our first pick.

Overall, I liked what he had to say.

me too. but..... he said it during silly season. It's like watching the president speak, you know he is probably lying if his lips are moving.

Rolling Eyes Wink

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Productiondawg

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Completely agree that not everything can be taken as complete truth, but it's still nice to hear for right now.

Season tickets, section 315, since 06
See you in the Muni with the Tailgate DJs
ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Productiondawg wrote:
Completely agree that not everything can be taken as complete truth, but it's still nice to hear for right now.

This is the most definitive thing anyone from the front office has said about Weeden (positive or negative), so if anything else, we can use it to see how truthful Banner is to the press.

I personally liked what he had to say and hope it ends up being true.

It will happen some day. Not sure when.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:
Productiondawg wrote:

This is the most definitive thing anyone from the front office has said about Weeden (positive or negative), so if anything else, we can use it to see how truthful Banner is to the press.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
cattleman78

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:
Productiondawg wrote:

Yeah I liked what he said. I think he is finding out there may not be a better q.b. availible this year. A lot of us feel the same. I'd rather feel our other big needs. See if Weeden progresses this year. If not get a q.b. next year. I think he will spend some money wisely in free agency.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
CleBrowns07

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liked the free agency part. With as much money as we have it only makes sense to spend some on a couple mid level guys or even a bigger name guy.

Also liked that he wants to set Weeden up for success rather than restart with another project. Weeden showed me that he deserves another season to show his worth in this league.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Productiondawg wrote:

You mean like when your drunk husband beats you, but then apologizes and tells you he loves you and won't ever do it again??

Zero chance the Browns draft a QB at pick 4, or trade up for a QB.

And Matt Ryan is so great he has one playoff win.
bruceb

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

duke2056 wrote:
Productiondawg wrote:

You mean like when your drunk husband beats you, but then apologizes and tells you he loves you and won't ever do it again??

Or your wife?
mas_atc

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
Productiondawg wrote:

Or your wife?

Chuck Finley is that you??
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mas_atc wrote:
bruceb wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
Productiondawg wrote:

Or your wife?

Chuck Finley is that you??

"I can't believe she left out the crossdressing."

Classic Finley.
ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a full transcript of Banner's Q&A with the media last week. I urge you to read it. Banner seems very direct, but he's clear on what he'll share and what he won't share.

http://www.ohio.com/blogs/cleveland-browns/cleveland-browns-1.270107/2013-nfl-combine-transcript-from-interview-with-browns-ceo-joe-banner-1.375742

It will happen some day. Not sure when.
fatpig

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:
Here's a full transcript of Banner's Q&A with the media last week. I urge you to read it. Banner seems very direct, but he's clear on what he'll share and what he won't share.

http://www.ohio.com/blogs/cleveland-browns/cleveland-browns-1.270107/2013-nfl-combine-transcript-from-interview-with-browns-ceo-joe-banner-1.375742

good read, though Banner gracefully danced around a lot of the questions.

he doesn't seem too sold on Gordon when he says things like (paraphrasing) "we'll see, a high 2nd round pick should be a big impact player, he has a lot of work to do", etc.

also i don't think Banner sees Dawson as a high priority. he danced around the Dawson questions but a guy who has been with the franchise since 99, i would've much preferred if Banner came out and said "yes we want Phil on the team and will do what we can to make that happen." same with Cribbs.

i like how Banner keeps reiterating that the team will be "aggressive" and "attacking" on both sides of the ball. i take that as blitzing on defense and taking shots down the field on offense. something that we haven't experienced around here for a long while.
Mastercheddaar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

In other words, there is not a QB worth our pick so we are sticking with ginger. I do like the FA talk though. A true #2 CB, G, and a DE/LB would be great.

That is all

Mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: