Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tyler Wilson
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Subzer04Life

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Tyler Wilson Reply with quote

Anyone understand why we talked to him. Trust me he isn't going undrafted so Is he a potential draftee. Very Happy
Porter22

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: Tyler Wilson Reply with quote

Subzer04Life wrote:
Anyone understand why we talked to him. Trust me he isn't going undrafted so Is he a potential draftee. Very Happy
They're talking to many players and I wouldn't mind him in the 4th to be honest!

QB Drew Brees - 1,203 YDs ; 7 TD ; 3 INT ; 71.4% Pct

DB Patrick Robinson - 12 Tackles, 3 PDefs, 1 INT
Harper41

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just doing their due diligence with every prospect.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
FLOODx

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Just doing their due diligence with every prospect.

Agreed

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
spanky3801

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, actually, met Andy Dalton when he met with the Saints. It's just a routine visit.
krewebrees

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Tyler Wilson Reply with quote

Porter22 wrote:
Subzer04Life wrote:
They're talking to many players and I wouldn't mind him in the 4th to be honest!

I really dout he will fall to the 4th. If he is still there in the 3rd I say get him because he honestly shouldn't be there either. I think he is the best quarterback in this draft. The only other one in his tier is Landry jones. I think most of the others are over rated.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Tyler Wilson Reply with quote

Subzer04Life wrote:

This may sound stupid but it's a fact, when evaluating a QB "hand size" is a big deal. Wilson has a 2nd round grade but his hands measured really small. I feel the Saints, like Harp said are doing their due diligence just in case that red flag pushes him down more and he's either available with the 75th pick or is within striking distance for a trade that makes sense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
sammymvpknight

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Saints don't need to draft a backup QB before the sixth round. That is where developmental players are drafted. The Saints need impact players at practically every position on defense and have a need at OT. I WOULD BE PISSED TO SAY THE LEAST.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sammymvpknight wrote:
The Saints don't need to draft a backup QB before the sixth round. That is where developmental players are drafted. The Saints need impact players at practically every position on defense and have a need at OT. I WOULD BE PISSED TO SAY THE LEAST.

Were you pissed when the Saints released Johnny Patrick? Not all draft picks are going to be hits. That was basically a wasted 3rd rounder. You take the best player on the board, never force a need. If the guy happens to be a Quarterback so be it.

sammymvpknight

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
sammymvpknight wrote:

Were you pissed when the Saints released Johnny Patrick? Not all draft picks are going to be hits. That was basically a wasted 3rd rounder. You take the best player on the board, never force a need. If the guy happens to be a Quarterback so be it.

I disagree...you draft the BPA from a position that can help you. If Warmack is there at 15 you try to trade the pick. Same applies to QB and RB. The Saints need guys that can contribute and make the team better. Brees has at least three good seasons ahead of him. So really we should be looking at a replacement two years from now. Otherwise we are drafting a guy with one of our highest draft picks that will never play and we will develop him only to sign with another team.
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sammymvpknight wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
sammymvpknight wrote:

I disagree...you draft the BPA from a position that can help you. If Warmack is there at 15 you try to trade the pick. Same applies to QB and RB. The Saints need guys that can contribute and make the team better. Brees has at least three good seasons ahead of him. So really we should be looking at a replacement two years from now. Otherwise we are drafting a guy with one of our highest draft picks that will never play and we will develop him only to sign with another team.

Agreed. 100%.

You take BPA at a position of need. You don't take a QB in round 1 if you've got your franchise QB, just because he fell to you.*

*this is just an example

Wink

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sammymvpknight wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
sammymvpknight wrote:

If we can get him in the 3rd round, why not? He was one of the best QBs in college football when healthy, threw a great ball, good accuracy and zip. What more can you ask for? Sure hand size does play a part, but if he can throw a good catchable ball that means he was capable of overcoming his deficiency in hand size.

Truthfully I would personally prefer if we traded back and got a guy like Taylor Bray, Tyler Wilson, or Ryan Nassib, I wouldn't be upset. Sure Brees has 3 good years left, but if you have a known QB guru that can develop QBs, like Payton is, and you have a top talent, at worst if we draft him in the 3rd we might be able to move him in the future for a 2nd or better, and at worst we have him sit for 3 years, much like Aaron Rogers, learn the offense inside and out from arguably the best QB since 2006, and be able to take over without a worry.

But I also definitely wouldn't mind waiting till next year and using a pick on Tajh Boyd who I think will end up being a perfect fit in Payton's scheme and would only get 2-3 years of waiting instead of 3-4 years of waiting.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
Harper41

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't need to draft a QB for at least 2-3 years. Brees is going to at least play out his conract, and 1-2 years on the bench is more than enough for a QB. We're in win now mode, we need to be drafting impact players NOT trading up or selecting a backup QB in round 3.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sammymvpknight wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
sammymvpknight wrote:

Trust me, I understand your way of thinking...

Quote:
The Saints need guys that can contribute and make the team better

That's what they thought they were doing with Patrick...

Quote:
Brees has at least three good seasons ahead of him. So really we should be looking at a replacement two years from now. Otherwise we are drafting a guy with one of our highest draft picks that will never play and we will develop him only to sign with another team.

This is where we disagree... Yes Brees may have 4-5 years left but my opinion has always been that those last two years may be with another franchise. Remember, 20 mill per in two seasons. Some feel Brees will retire a Saint, I don't see it.

That's just the day and age of the NFL were in now... My opinion and I underatand why others disagree but I feel in 2-3 years when people say draft a young QB then, Brees will likley be gone and it would have been better off for the franchise to have drafted him earilier and protected himself and learn from Brees instead of just being thrown into the fire as his replacement.

This fan base has become spoiled with the play at the QB position so the guy that follows Brees better be ready.

Im not saying reach for a QB in the third but only that if a guy is sitting there that Payton feels strongly enough about as the future of this franchise, not to hesiate to grab him.

I also just think that it's my personal preference to draft a guy in the middle rounds and groom for 2-3 years instead of drafting a guy in the first 3 years from now and throwing him to the wolves.

Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
sammymvpknight wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
sammymvpknight wrote:

If we can get him in the 3rd round, why not? He was one of the best QBs in college football when healthy, threw a great ball, good accuracy and zip. What more can you ask for? Sure hand size does play a part, but if he can throw a good catchable ball that means he was capable of overcoming his deficiency in hand size.

Truthfully I would personally prefer if we traded back and got a guy like Taylor Bray, Tyler Wilson, or Ryan Nassib, I wouldn't be upset. Sure Brees has 3 good years left, but if you have a known QB guru that can develop QBs, like Payton is, and you have a top talent, at worst if we draft him in the 3rd we might be able to move him in the future for a 2nd or better, and at worst we have him sit for 3 years, much like Aaron Rogers, learn the offense inside and out from arguably the best QB since 2006, and be able to take over without a worry.

But I also definitely wouldn't mind waiting till next year and using a pick on Tajh Boyd who I think will end up being a perfect fit in Payton's scheme and would only get 2-3 years of waiting instead of 3-4 years of waiting.

That's actually a perfect idea..

Saints
LSU
Pelicans

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: