Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

MLB Manti Te'o is on the board @#51. Do you take him?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you draft Manti Te'o in the 2nd rd, if he's available?
Yes...without hesitation
40%
 40%  [ 8 ]
No....way, no how
30%
 30%  [ 6 ]
Maybe...depends what's available at that pick
30%
 30%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 20

PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Teo runs a blistering 4.81 40 Laughing

Worries be gone. No Teo for DC.

And there was no edit turtle. Judging by where your at. I can see how youd miss it though.

Remember 1 thing. Watch those bama fans at Krystals Razz

Trinidad: Where a man is born a man. Not a PC wimp.. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's been obvious since the fake girlfriend story broke that the kid is ---SLOW! Rolling Eyes Laughing
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teo was bad in some areas but excellent in some areas. So he's not a track star? That means little. Brandon Spikes was supposed to fall because he ran a 5 second forty time. He was a 2nd round pick been a starter at MLB since the Patriots drafted him and a solid one, even though he's not a speedster.

Why? Because he has quick movements and acceleration in closed spaces, he has a nose for the football despite not being a side line to side like player.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1543637-breaking-down-manti-teos-nfl-combine-performance?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl

A 40 yard dash is important but its not the be all end all for a football player, especially when they post better results in the field drills, vertical jump, 3 come drill, 20 yard shuttle and most of his tape is great except for the Alabama game when the ND DL in front of him was dominated so the whole line was on him right away because the ND DL was manhandled except for I think it was Nix.

Anyways. Seems like a mixed Bag. I think he'll work like hell on the 40 and maybe he can get down a tenth or so and improve in the other drills for his pro days and personal workouts.

I think he's a borderline 1st round pick, more likey a 2nd rounder. Because as you can see in the link improvided from bleacher report. John Harbaugh was focused on Teo and he seemed to hate the 40 time by the video tape reaction.

So, he probably dropped to a mid or late second round pick. Again though, so did Brandon Spikes and he's been a good MLb since the Pats took him in late round 2.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG

Last edited by turtle28 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Slateman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

London retires, probably. London comes back for another year, possibly.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
thanks for clearing that up! Laughing Wink

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Slateman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
thanks for clearing that up! Laughing Wink

I'm here to Occam everything
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job comparing a wacko to a slow guy starting on one of the worst and slowest Ds in the league turtle.
Yea. Lets just start building a slow crap D like the Pats and take Teo. Rolling Eyes

turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:
Nice job comparing a wacko to a slow guy starting on one of the worst and slowest Ds in the league turtle.

Yea. Lets just start building a slow crap D like the Pats and take Teo. Rolling Eyes
wow! Great educated post Applause Applause . Thanks for the great! lmfao information brother.

How bout Vontaze Burfict for another example then?

What happened to Teo happens to a billions of people in the world today because now its much easier to be a scam artist because you can use the Internet to do it. Look at all the athletes that get screwed now a days through money and things people do online that ends up screwing them.

Just because Teo is gullible as a 22 year old man doesn't mean he can't learn from this mistake, be a stronger person and less naive moving forward and be a good football player in the NFL.

How fast is London's 40 time?

I bet he runs about a 4.8+ or so.

MKnight82

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
PARROTHEAD wrote:

wow! Great educated post Applause Applause . Thanks for the great! lmfao information brother.

What happened to Teo happens to a billions of people in the world today because now its much easier to be a scam artist because you can use the Internet to do it. Look at all the athletes that get screwed now a days through money and things people do online that ends up screwing them.

Just because Teo is gullible as a 22 year old man doesn't mean he can't learn from this mistake, be a stronger person and less naive moving forward and be a good football player in the NFL.

Billions? Really? Honestly I was surprised by his 40 in a good way. A 4.8 for a MLB really isn't that slow. I still don't think he'll make it in he league though.

EDIT - Also, I think from now on for the national title game the loser should get Catfished and the winner gets to go home with Katherine Webb.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
PARROTHEAD wrote:

Billions? Really? Honestly I was surprised by his 40 in a good way. A 4.8 for a MLB really isn't that slow. I still don't think he'll make it in he league though.

EDIT - Also, I think from now on for the national title game the loser should get Catfished and the winner gets to go home with Katherine Webb.
maybe not the exact thing that happened to Teo but yeah. Everyone's been on the Internet and accidentally downloaded some virus or something. Or people get in a chat room think their talking to someone and its a waste of their time. Or money scams for the young and old people, rich and athletes. I mean yeah. It could be billions of people affected in today's world by scams on the Internet.

Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
No worries man. We all miss stuff.

I miss Albert Haynesworth. Sad Laughing
Duke Ihenacho: IR
Ryan Clark: 40 tackles, 1 PDef, .5 sacks
Logan Paulsen: 9 catches, 46 yards... and a fumble
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
PARROTHEAD wrote:

maybe not the exact thing that happened to Teo but yeah. Everyone's been on the Internet and accidentally downloaded some virus or something. Or people get in a chat room think their talking to someone and its a waste of their time. Or money scams for the young and old people, rich and athletes. I mean yeah. It could be billions of people affected in today's world by scams on the Internet.

1st theres the ND women. Then theres a all girls college just across the road from ND.
Supporting lies on national tv.

But then look who Im talking to. A guy with no other life than to take over and destroy a forum. Sending members elsewhere to gather just to get away from their "Me me me this my forum I post 7 times a page, 4 times in a row" attitude.

MKnight82

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
PARROTHEAD wrote:

1st theres the ND women. Then theres a all girls college just across the road from ND.
Supporting lies on national tv.

But then look who Im talking to. A guy with no other life than to take over and destroy a forum. Sending members elsewhere to gather just to get away from their "Me me me this my forum I post 7 times a page, 4 times in a row" attitude.
Come on man. He's a fellow Redskins fan, save the shots for Cowboys fans.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Destroy a forum? Grow up man. Please.

I haven't destroyed anything. In the decade I've been on this site I've probably provided the most material for anyone to read.

I had a great post about how I felt about this topic and Teo's combine and career moving forward. I didn't quote you like you cry about all the time and I get a childish/trolling response just enticing me to come back at you so we get into a war of words again.

Smh

Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Destroy a forum? Grow up man. Please.

I haven't destroyed anything. In the decade I've been on this site I've probably provided the most material for anyone to read.

I had a great post about how I felt about this topic and Teo's combine and career moving forward. I didn't quote you like you cry about all the time and I get a childish/trolling response just enticing me to come back at you so we get into a war of words again.

Smh

Relax fellas. Lets focus on football Parrothead

and you too Turtle. Wink

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: