Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

KingTitan's Mock Draft/Off-Season V.1 (Pre-Combine) 2013
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:10 am    Post subject: KingTitan's Mock Draft/Off-Season V.1 (Pre-Combine) 2013 Reply with quote

At this point in the off-season, it's really a crap shoot on whats going to happen in the draft.

Free Agency changes eveything!

Below are some things I think they will look at in hard in FA and that will determine where the priorities are in the draft

A thing to highlight.... I don't think at this point Rob Bironas will be resigned. His tag is $5 million dollars and some change. I don't think they want to make him the highest paid kicker in the league. Rob might want that type money. Kickers are better coming out of college than they used to be. Our new assistant special teams coach is said to have a good history working with kickers fresh out of school. Maybe there is a hint there? Bironas has been nothing but great, but again how much do you want to spend on a kicker? It is just my gut feeling. Rip it apart, but it just an early feeling.

Free Agents:
I think they will sign one of these FAs at DT
Desmond Bryant
Terrance Knighton
Chris Canty

One of these at OG
Andy Levitre
Louis Vasquez
Donald Thomas
Brandon Moore

Resign these Titans players:
Leroy Harris
Fernando Velasco
Jared Cook
Will Witherspoon or Zac Diles

NFL DRAFT
1. Chiefs- Geno Smith
2. Jaguars- Shariff Floyd
3. Raiders- Star Loutulelei
4. Eagles- Luke Joeckel
5. Lions- Dee Milliner
6. Browns- Cordarelle Patterson
7. Cardinals- Eric Fisher
8. Bills- Cordarrelle Patterson
9. Jets- DaMontre Moore
10. Titans.......

***Thinking we will get a 3, 5, 7 round pick as comp. picks.***

1.Ezekiel Ansah-DE-BYU

6'5 275lbs

I was one that felt after looking at Ansah in the Senior Bowl, he shouldn't be drafted in the Top 10 picks. I have changed my stance. I think he will blow up the combine and force people to rely on the film. If you look at his game tape, you will see him make at least 2-3 game effecting plays a game. Whether it be a sack strip, batted ball, or tackle for loss. He makes plays. BYU had him playing all over the line in their 3-4. He is a 4-3 End. I see a player with huge potential and game changing ability. I think the Titans will see memories of Jevon Kearse flash through their heads and take this player. He isn't JPP. People say he is raw. But I, like Jim Schwatz, think he has a good feel for the game. I see him recognize he isn't going to make it to the QB and jump to swatt the ball like JJ Watt. I recall Jerry Gray loving Wimbley's ability to plant his foot in the ground and redirect. Well, Ansah has that and more. He has the speed to chase down QB's and runners. Speed to kill the angle of a runner. I think the Titans will fall in love with him. They say his highly coachable. I think he can come in year one and make a difference as part of a rotation. We only have Wimbley and Morgan as establish full time DE's. We do use Ayers and Brown as blitzers so that could diminish the need for a DE. We do need one though. I think Ansah fits the best..

Video Highlights:
http://youtu.be/hvySheD7bpc (highlights)
http://youtu.be/WMtBmOdYsqo (highlights)
http://youtu.be/eUa5XMyMzxE (personal story)

2. Justin Hunter-WR-Tennessee

6'4 200 lbs

To tell you the truth, I have no idea who to pick in this spot. I want to pick a RB, but a "big back" like Eddie Lacy should be gone by this pick. I don't see a DT that is must have, especially if they do what I predict and sign one in FA. You normally look for a player that can make an impact wit the first couple of picks. I think Justin Hunter at this point will be graded high by the Titans and be hard to pass up with this 2nd pick, if they do what I think they will do in FA. They will go into the draft without a major need at DT or OG. So they get value and an impact player and some Britt insurance. They aren't really happy with anything that Britt is doing so Hunter will provide someone that can go deep and be a playmaker outside and down the field. Teaming him with Washington and Wright provides some more fire to this offense. It's not needed and I understand if you rip this pick. But at this point in the off-season, I like this spot for an impact player.

Video Highlights:
http://youtu.be/HE6GXID2dXk
http://youtu.be/WRnOL2qfXH8
http://youtu.be/fRkCF4NKQhs

3.Leon McFadden -CB- San Diego State

6'1 190lbs

I love Leon's ability to break on the pass and anticipate the throws. I don't know about his long speed, but I see him as a good CB with good instincts and ball skills. He is physical and can press and play off coverage.

Video Highlights:
http://youtu.be/ab3nKER5Lls
http://youtu.be/Q7XB2txZm9g

3. Brian Schwenke-C/OG- California

6'3---314lbs

At the Senior Bowl, he was able to anchor down and hold his own against top talent. He has the ability to be an OG also. His versatility and talent will be valuable for our rebuilt interior .

Video Highlights:
http://youtu.be/SQyeOUq0cVU

4 .Kevin Reddick- ILB-North Carolina

6'2 246lbs

A versatile UNC LB. A good blitzer, also put his hand in the dirt to rush the QB. He is quick and has great athletic ability. Firey and able to bring down the ball carrier once he arrives at the ball. Some good depth and also someone that could start if he gets the mental part of the game down fast.

Video Highlights:
http://youtu.be/vA6WRgstdW8
http://youtu.be/Q-QfQI_eYwM

5. Shamarko Thomas- S- Syracuse

5'9 217lbs

I think he will blow up the combine also. Has the ability to run in the 4.2-4.3 range as a Safety. 5th round may end up being a far-fetched wish when it's all said and done. I love his closing speed and abilty to tackle. If he can check out mentally 5th round will be a steal.

Video Highlights:
http://youtu.be/tRtD4vdN45M
http://youtu.be/0cReVg_PmrU
http://youtu.be/AYH4ZlmD_gM

5. Zac Stacey- RB- Vanderbilt

5'9 192lbs

I love Zac. He is a thick thighed runner with a low center of gravity. He breaks tackles and moves the chains. He has enough speed to break of a run for chunks but not CJ game breaker. Zac brings a consistent runner who can get consistent yards.

Video Highlights:
http://youtu.be/SLOBrUQQNzo9
http://youtu.be/b9L8lAbcN4A

7. Dustin Hopkins -K- Florida State

6'2----212lbs

I don't think Bironas is coming back. If he demands too much money we will get someone else. Why not draft a kicker like Hopkins. He has some game-winning kicks and a NFL leg. Kickers are now starting to come out of college better. Rather than get a re-tread. We draft a future kicker.

Video Highlights:
http://youtu.be/M3N6jdbMPN4
http://youtu.be/L18Hx0esigo

7. Jordan Gaines- OT- Tennessee State

6'6 334lbs

A Player that could add some depth to the O-line and maybe develop in the future. Mike Otto might not be retain is expensive. Gaines gets a chance to develop into a back up.

Other prospects that I'm interested in:
Johnathan Banks CB
Johnathan Cyprien SS
Johnathan Franklin- RB
Darius Slay -CB
Mike Catapono-DE
DJ Swearinger-S
Datone Jones- DE
Jessie Williams -DT
justing101

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You get up really early.

I like it but don't love it lol

I do not want Witherspoon back and don't think he will be. I'm also not in love with Ansah like so many people. I'd also like to take a safety a little bit higher, but everything else is pretty good. I love Justin Hunter at 2 because Kenny Britt is really an unknown.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
You get up really early.

I like it but don't love it lol

I do not want Witherspoon back and don't think he will be. I'm also not in love with Ansah like so many people. I'd also like to take a safety a little bit higher, but everything else is pretty good. I love Justin Hunter at 2 because Kenny Britt is really an unknown.

I was up because I was helping with a lock in. Lol. But you see what I ended up doing.

But I wouldnt want Witherspoon either. But I figure the titans want some experience at LB and he might take little to come back and be a mentor role. It's something I think I heard him wanting/willing to do. But this is a guess of what the titans would do not so much of what I want.

I want to take Johnathan Banks in the first.

But a safety early is also something I think could happen. Let's see how free agency turns out.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HORRIBLE!!!! Laughing JK King. Pretty good overall. I like Ansah of course, and Hunter who IMO is a very good WR. Top 5 WR prospect. If Britt ends having another bad season, Hunter will be ready. Britt, Hunter, Wright, Washington, and Williams is crazy good depth at WR. I like McFadden a lot. I think he can be a good nickel CB. Been a fan of Schwenke and what he brings. I take it, your moving Velasco back to OG? Very good draft the rest of the way. The only pick I don't like is kicker. I want Bironas back. Can't replace him with a Florida State kicker.

PS: You got Cordarrelle Ptterson going twice.

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
Dionysus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo dude, you got Cordarelle Patterson going to both the Browns AND the Jets. How does that work? Very Happy
And I believe we should definitely keep Zac Diles over Witherspoon. Nothing left in the tank for Spoon. Velasco back at G instead of C?

As for the draft:
Ziggy Ansah - I like the pick even in the 1st round, but not at #10. A strong combine showing will really have to justify taking him that high. But I can easily see him becoming another JPP.

Justin Hunter - I'm cool with the selection and I'd like the fact that we'd be serious about continuing to upgrade our WR corps. But I feel a stronger need can be filled with the 2nd pick. I would think a DT, DB or OG.

Kevin Reddick
- He and Kiko Alonso are two of my top interests for MLB, but I'd probably snatch Reddick somewhere in the 3rd. I don't see him dropping to the 4th round, but that's just me.

Zac Stacey - I really like this guy and wouldn't be upset in the least if we took him, but I'd be a little confused with the selection. We need a power runner to compliment CJ's style. Somebody who can punish and wear down a defense, or even take a game over when needed.

Those were my players of interest. The others, I'm not really familiar with, but I'll check them out.

KingTitan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
HORRIBLE!!!! Laughing JK King. Pretty good overall. I like Ansah of course, and Hunter who IMO is a very good WR. Top 5 WR prospect. If Britt ends having another bad season, Hunter will be ready. Britt, Hunter, Wright, Washington, and Williams is crazy good depth at WR. I like McFadden a lot. I think he can be a good nickel CB. Been a fan of Schwenke and what he brings. I take it, your moving Velasco back to OG? Very good draft the rest of the way. The only pick I don't like is kicker. I want Bironas back. Can't replace him with a Florida State kicker.

PS: You got Cordarrelle Ptterson going twice.

Lol Patterson is that good. So there will be a sci-fi experiment to clone him. Lol.
Typed it up at 3 or so in the morning. Lol.

Well throw random person in that spot. Lol.

Yeah. Velasco can be an OG or Schwenke. He did an good job at the senior bowl at OG.

I'd like Bironas back too but just a small feeling he not coming back.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
Yo dude, you got Cordarelle Patterson going to both the Browns AND the Jets. How does that work? Very Happy
And I believe we should definitely keep Zac Diles over Witherspoon. Nothing left in the tank for Spoon. Velasco back at G instead of C?

As for the draft:
Ziggy Ansah - I like the pick even in the 1st round, but not at #10. A strong combine showing will really have to justify taking him that high. But I can easily see him becoming another JPP.

Justin Hunter - I'm cool with the selection and I'd like the fact that we'd be serious about continuing to upgrade our WR corps. But I feel a stronger need can be filled with the 2nd pick. I would think a DT, DB or OG.

Kevin Reddick
- He and Kiko Alonso are two of my top interests for MLB, but I'd probably snatch Reddick somewhere in the 3rd. I don't see him dropping to the 4th round, but that's just me.

Zac Stacey - I really like this guy and wouldn't be upset in the least if we took him, but I'd be a little confused with the selection. We need a power runner to compliment CJ's style. Somebody who can punish and wear down a defense, or even take a game over when needed.

Those were my players of interest. The others, I'm not really familiar with, but I'll check them out.

Velasco can fill in anywhere.
Ansah is going to blow up the combine. Won't be surprised to see him top 5 when draft comes around.

If Warford is there I'd take him over a WR. Also a quality rb, s, DT or Cb. I just don't have a good grip right now on who might be there in the second or who will rise to the first.

I'd like a bigger back but I'm not really seeing a big back worthy of a pick in that 4th 5th round spot. Bell from MSU is the big back but I can't get sold on him. Others are lower round undrafted in my opinion.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:

As for the draft:

Kevin Reddick

I disagree with the notion that we need a power runner. An all around back that is good in pass protection and as a receiver. Stacy is short, but he is built thick.
justing101

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
Dionysus wrote:

As for the draft:

Kevin Reddick

I disagree with the notion that we need a power runner. An all around back that is good in pass protection and as a receiver. Stacy is short, but he is built thick.

I'd love to get Montee Ball

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
Dionysus wrote:

As for the draft:

Kevin Reddick

An all-around RB is fine, and like I said, I wouldn't have a problem with taking Stacey. But we could use a real ground-n-pound type runner in our arsenal and Harper just don't like he's that type of runner. If a guy like Stacey can dish out some punishment, then wonderful. Bring him aboard.

TitanKing
At the moment, Le'Veon Bell seems to be one of the better candidates for that roll. He's got the size, stamina, very athletic and he's a good workhorse with a lot of upside. But he still need some work in pass protection and his pass catching. He should be a good 5th round pickup if he's there.

TitanLegend

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see us letting Bironas go, no real sense in it to be honest. You don't get rid of a kicker who has kicked 80%+ the past 6-7 years and take a chance on a rookie kicker. Bironas isn't going to break the bank on us, he wants to be here, and will give a hometown discount, and he's still only 35, probably has another 5, maybe 6 years in him.

I don't like the thought of having a ? at kicker...it can kill you in so many ways.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
I don't see us letting Bironas go, no real sense in it to be honest. You don't get rid of a kicker who has kicked 80%+ the past 6-7 years and take a chance on a rookie kicker. Bironas isn't going to break the bank on us, he wants to be here, and will give a hometown discount, and he's still only 35, probably has another 5, maybe 6 years in him.

I don't like the thought of having a ? at kicker...it can kill you in so many ways.

Are you sure he is going to take a hometown discount?

Local radio had it where he was saying openly to people he wanted to be the highest paid kicker in the league. $4-5 million per season? Is that ok to pay a kicker? And you said it...a 35 year old kicker? Yes kickers have staying power but legs diminish.... David Akers?

Anyway..just a feeling...
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
TitanSS wrote:
Dionysus wrote:

As for the draft:

Kevin Reddick

An all-around RB is fine, and like I said, I wouldn't have a problem with taking Stacey. But we could use a real ground-n-pound type runner in our arsenal and Harper just don't like he's that type of runner. If a guy like Stacey can dish out some punishment, then wonderful. Bring him aboard.

TitanKing
At the moment, Le'Veon Bell seems to be one of the better candidates for that roll. He's got the size, stamina, very athletic and he's a good workhorse with a lot of upside. But he still need some work in pass protection and his pass catching. He should be a good 5th round pickup if he's there.

TitanKing? Smile

But yeah his questions in the pass game lead me to say no ultimately. Happened and is happening to Blount. He can't get that part down and is pretty much being let go and replaced.
I like him but I saw a lot of east and west, and that is the problem with Jamie Harper.
Also looks like he needs a fullback, maybe it was just the offense he was in.....
Just a lot of questions that would keep me from being 100% sold.

Like him though..lol
MdTitansFan56

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:

Are you sure he is going to take a hometown discount?

Local radio had it where he was saying openly to people he wanted to be the highest paid kicker in the league. $4-5 million per season? Is that ok to pay a kicker? And you said it...a 35 year old kicker? Yes kickers have staying power but legs diminish.... David Akers?

Anyway..just a feeling...

I don't want to pay him that much but just commenting on akers... I think his sports hernias had more to do with his struggles than his age

1. Alex Morgan 2.San Antonio Spurs 3. Chicago White Sox 4. Ohio State 5. Buckeyes 6. Philadelphia Flyers
Dionysus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:

TitanKing? Smile

But yeah his questions in the pass game lead me to say no ultimately. Happened and is happening to Blount. He can't get that part down and is pretty much being let go and replaced.
I like him but I saw a lot of east and west, and that is the problem with Jamie Harper.
Also looks like he needs a fullback, maybe it was just the offense he was in.....
Just a lot of questions that would keep me from being 100% sold.

Like him though..lol

WOOPS!!! Oh man, I really screwed the pooch on your name. Shocked
Sorry about that dude. Embarassed

Well Jaime Harper is a big back, but he doesn't actually run with any power (from what I've seen) and really struggles when he tries to. IMO he's more of a shifty runner with decent hands, but he can't move a pile or get you those tough yards like you need him to. And he'll never be the type of RB that can wear down a defense, so his size is really just a waste.
On the other hand, Le'Veon Bell can and has done that. On top of that, he was basically all the offense MSU had. Their passing game was crap and the coaching staff leaned on him extensively, so his toughness, production and durability are not in question.

BTW, I'm gonna keep my eye on Kniles Davis (Arkansas). Dude is 5'10, weighs 227lbs and ran a freaking 4.30 in the 40. That's just sick. He's projected to go in the late rounds or even undrafted. I would think it's because of his ankle injury in 2011.

EDIT: Here's a snippet of his work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV6hW2ggiO4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: