Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My Dream OL
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
chrisororke


Joined: 14 Jan 2008
Posts: 498
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:59 am    Post subject: My Dream OL Reply with quote

LT- Mike Adams
LG- Jonathan Cooper
C- Maurkice Pouncey
RG- Mike Pouncey
RT- David DeCastro

I think Adams projects well at LT as that's where he played in college and he has speed to stick there, needs to improve strength

Cooper has great strength and quickness and is perfect for ZBS. Like to see just a little more strength

Maurkice is a HOF and I want more strength to his game

I literally see every sport getting brothers on the same team and it is great for the sport and future kids growing up. What a sell for the NFL look kids these guys play on the same team. Like there is nothing cooler than the idea of playing a sport professionally and having your brother on the team. I would love to see a trade and see Mike Pouncey buck the system and say he won't sign in Miami once his contract expires not after this season but the one after that. Force their hand in Miami and give them like a 2nd in one draft and a 4th in another draft.

The fact the Steelers drafted DeCastro as a RG tells you a lot about him. He isn't the pulling guard of a LG but with his size and speed, had a Matt Kalil type 3 cone 7.3, I think he would be a great fit at RT. I don't trust his strength on the inside, he can be bull rushed and playing RT he would be going against LBs and DEs which are much smaller than DTs. That comes with more speed but he has the speed to hang on the outside and I think that is a great asset having a RT that can get out in open and help on screens, etc. Like Colon's fat arse wouldn't even move that fast getting in the front of the line of a buffet. Plus a RT faces the weaker of the pass rushers. Remember when Marvel Smith got hurt Faneca played LT and did quite well. Well they called DeCastro a "Faneca type" when we drafted him and I think he could do the same as Faneca but on the other side. He's got the size, speed, and strength to play RT and be a great one, especially in a ZBS.


Now, Gilbert would have to be moved bc I don't even see him as a fit in ZBS, the ZBS transition is going to happen people. A 4th rd pick would be fair value IMO. Maybe be part of the potential Mike Pouncey deal. If this was the 2014 OL I would be ecstatic and if you are having problems in the locker room what better way to fix that by having a rock solid OL, full of comraderie. Maurkice Pouncey showed he is a leader by taking his OL mates out to Hawaii for Pro Bowl, reward him for stepping up and being a leader by getting his brother on the team, while making us a better and tight knit club. The Steelers are a family and football and hockey really are the two sports about gelling in the locker room. Maurkice will be the leader of this club. Kid is an amazing talent and personality. #BMS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
mwalker


Joined: 28 Mar 2009
Posts: 349
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miami isn't trading Mike Pouncey.

Some have claimed he's been better than his brother.

But, yea, that'd be a nice line.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
at23steelers


Joined: 05 Mar 2011
Posts: 3721
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey why don't we trade Colon for Mike Pouncey?? Razz Seriously though, DD at RT?? Why?? Why got 3 great lineman at what they do: Mike Adams at RT, DD at RG, Pouncey at C. 3 down, 2 to go! Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JDLefebvre


Moderator
Joined: 23 Mar 2006
Posts: 24817
Location: Midway PA /Clovis NM
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dream OL...

LT Anthony Munoz
LG Larry Allen
C Mike Webster
RG Alan Faneca
RT Walter Jones
_________________
Stay low boys.... keep those feet moving!


thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JustPlainNasty


Joined: 11 Feb 2008
Posts: 7099
Location: Las Vegas
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeCastro is not a Tackle at all, doesn't even make sense.
_________________
Dcash4 wrote:


...you have a forum resume?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
armsteeld


Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 3682
Location: In your head
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
DeCastro is not a Tackle at all, doesn't even make sense.


This Exclamation
_________________




"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 49729
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I agree with a few of the points you made, alot of this is delusional. Maurkice is a HOF? LMAO...he isnt even a top 5 center in TODAYS league.

Lets just see if I got this right....

Your dream OLine consists of a LT who greatly struggles with pass blocking consistency, an LG that isnt even in the league yet, a center that is injury prone and is a poor run blocker, a RG who we have no chance of getting, and an RT that is completely out of position?

If you took Mike Pouncey out and moved DD back to RG, it would make more sense.....but by no means a dream.
_________________
SCPackersFan wrote:
I hold nothing against blue-collar people and I respect/admire them for doing what they do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MightyJoeYoung


Joined: 03 Jun 2010
Posts: 2939
Location: Wakefield, England
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he means a dream OL that has even a remote possibility of happening ie. all the players are or will be in the league and we will no doubt have a shot at Cooper if we want it etc.
_________________


Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the sig

"The King Stay the King"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Gatoradus


Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 2216
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather go with Lance Johnson in first over any interioir linemen. If anything, my source indicate that our first round is very likely to be an offensive weapon, preferly receiver.

Many complain about our defense's age issues but look, they had #1 defense for consecutive years. It's the offensive side that underperformed badly.

Not often you get a tackle that is around Ryan Clady caliber that might sitting by our pick (yes, I'm comparing both due to techniques and footworks, but strength have some big questions)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JustPlainNasty


Joined: 11 Feb 2008
Posts: 7099
Location: Las Vegas
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:
I'd rather go with Lance Johnson in first over any interioir linemen. If anything, my source indicate that our first round is very likely to be an offensive weapon, preferly receiver.

Many complain about our defense's age issues but look, they had #1 defense for consecutive years. It's the offensive side that underperformed badly.

Not often you get a tackle that is around Ryan Clady caliber that might sitting by our pick (yes, I'm comparing both due to techniques and footworks, but strength have some big questions)


Agreed but its Lane Johnson...
_________________
Dcash4 wrote:


...you have a forum resume?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gatoradus


Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 2216
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah yeah, my bad lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JustPlainNasty


Joined: 11 Feb 2008
Posts: 7099
Location: Las Vegas
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying I'd want him specifically but if we had a shot at him he would and should be highly considered.

If I had #1 I'd be hard pressed not to take Fischer over Joeckel. I've had my concerns about Joeckel not so much that is he good but is he overhyped? All the games Ive watched of A&M I've always found myself being more impressed with Matthews, granted he's playing right and Joeckel left and left should typically have better pass rushers.

I think Philly would be crazy not take Fischer at 4 and then watch for them to move up in the first to grab the rising EJ Manuel who would fit perfectly with Chip Kelly. Florida State and Manuel very successfully ran a lot of read option. With Dixon and Vick, Manuel has the luxury of development in his passing, which he has the tools, just has to work on consistency. Honestly they could trade as high up to 17..

If Fischer and Joeckel gone by 4, be extremely hard to imagine Johnson still on the board at 17.
_________________
Dcash4 wrote:


...you have a forum resume?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
popie70


Joined: 18 Dec 2010
Posts: 1064
Location: Denver, CO
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
I'm not saying I'd want him specifically but if we had a shot at him he would and should be highly considered.

If I had #1 I'd be hard pressed not to take Fischer over Joeckel. I've had my concerns about Joeckel not so much that is he good but is he overhyped? All the games Ive watched of A&M I've always found myself being more impressed with Matthews, granted he's playing right and Joeckel left and left should typically have better pass rushers.

I think Philly would be crazy not take Fischer at 4 and then watch for them to move up in the first to grab the rising EJ Manuel who would fit perfectly with Chip Kelly as Florida State and Manuel very successfully run a lot of read option. With Dixon and Vick, Manuel has the luxury of development in his passing which he has the tools just has to work on consistency. Honestly they could trade as high up to 17..

If Fischer and Joeckel gone by 4, be extremely hard to imagine Johnson still on the board at 17.


I think this could also be the plan for the Chiefs. Tag Bowe, draft either Fischer or Joeckel and than move up for Manuel. I think Andy Reid could do wonders for him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chrisororke


Joined: 14 Jan 2008
Posts: 498
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyJoeYoung wrote:
I think he means a dream OL that has even a remote possibility of happening ie. all the players are or will be in the league and we will no doubt have a shot at Cooper if we want it etc.


THIS!

Exactly if we want Cooper, you got him. I always love the instant hate responses that are hate just to hate. Like you have no knowledge.

Maurkice Pouncey is a HOF. 3 years in the league, 3 All-Pro, 3 Pro Bowl, what do you want from him? A MVP? Funny thing is my twitter is hoosierIUdaddy and I tweeted Maurkice after his rookie year and he's like it's me guys, ask me anything, so I was like "how many pro bowls we talking. Daddy says 12 and a HOF?" And he was like, haha I don't know but I'm just going to keep working hard. #Pouncey. Right on pace, huh?

DD is very similar to Faneca but not as good. He absolutely has the size, speed to play RT. He doesn't have the strength IMO to stick inside against the BIG DTs (34 reps, good, but he was beat by interior DL beasts) but on the outside at OT he has the perfect combo of height, speed, strength. And he has pulling skills to help on rinky dink plays that we will be running.

Like I said Faneca played LT and did well. Pouncey played LG and he played well. If you put DD at RT he will play well. Do you see the common theme, a great OL can play anywhere on the OL

... And Mike Pouncey I wouldn't rule it out. I tweeted him about playing with Maurkice in Pittsburgh and he retweeted it so you know he loves the idea. A few Dolphins fans tweeted me and him and were like WTF, no you are staying here. I thought it was funny. It's just what will it cost?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
JDLefebvre


Moderator
Joined: 23 Mar 2006
Posts: 24817
Location: Midway PA /Clovis NM
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrisororke wrote:

Maurkice Pouncey is a HOF. 3 years in the league, 3 All-Pro, 3 Pro Bowl, what do you want from him? A MVP? Funny thing is my twitter is hoosierIUdaddy and I tweeted Maurkice after his rookie year and he's like it's me guys, ask me anything, so I was like "how many pro bowls we talking. Daddy says 12 and a HOF?" And he was like, haha I don't know but I'm just going to keep working hard. #Pouncey. Right on pace, huh?


LMAO....

credibility out the window.

Sorry "daddy" but anyone who thinks Pro-Bowls means jack is not worth listening to.

Pouncey was not All-Pro in 2010... really surprised he was all-pro the last 2 years





chrisororke wrote:
... And Mike Pouncey I wouldn't rule it out. I tweeted him about playing with Maurkice in Pittsburgh and he retweeted it so you know he loves the idea. A few Dolphins fans tweeted me and him and were like WTF, no you are staying here. I thought it was funny. It's just what will it cost?



Laughing Laughing Laughing

wow.
_________________
Stay low boys.... keep those feet moving!


thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group