Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Early Stock Up, Down
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrisororke

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Early Stock Up, Down Reply with quote

Gotta say seeing the numbers of measurables is sadly one of my favorite things to see

STOCK UP

Jonathan Cooper G "could" challenge Warmack for #1 OG
Lane Johnson OT (up, up, and away) could end up being #1 OT
Justin Hunter WR stayed at 6'4", still love a little below an AJ Green as comp
Da'Rick Rogers WR solid 6'2" 217
DJ Fluker OT proved he can be an OT, longest arms ive ever seen, weight dropped, probably 30 reps with normal OT length arms
Gavin Escobar TE just looks the part
Larry Warford G solidifying 2nd rd status
Chris Faulk OT good arm length/rep combo ... guessing 40 is what will hurt his grade
Alvin Bailey G solidifying 2nd rd status
Marcus Lattimore RB could end up being a 2nd rd pick, only true feature back 5'11 1/4 221, love interview, great kid, HIGH CHARACTER

Stock Down

Chance Warmack G only place to go for him, not lifting hurts him and only 6'2" hurts top 10 argument
Cordarrelle Patterson WR only 6'1'7/8 hurts him, 40 of course could mean a level grade for him, under 6'3" was somewhat expected
Khaled Holmes C this guy has been on a tumble for the past year, a former 1st rd pick consideration now a day three guy AT BEST
Oday Aboushi OT poor rep count, could end up on day three, good combine would've been 2nd-early 3rd rd status

still very early...
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does 6'1 7/8" hurt any wide receiver? Patterson will be know for his RAC primarily regardless.

I dont have Patterson as my #1 but I'd actually say that height raises his stock.

Josh Cribbs 6'1"
Santonio Holmes 5'11"
Anquan Boldin 6'1"
Jeremy Maclin 6'0"

Those that hurt ..
Brian Winters -OG-Ken St - 9 reps?

Khaled Holmes has been overrated for a very long time. It is very unlikely he will play center and will struggle. He cannot get up out of his stance. Once they figured him out in his junior year, especially since the 2011 Cal game, NT's lined up right underneath his nose and beat him off the snap every single time. Cal's Cedrick Payne exposed him and it's been all downhill since. I would say that much of USC's problems started and evolved around this one factor. Qb's struggle most with pressure up the middle, it both hurt and maybe will help Barkley as he was under constant pressure right up the middle and didn't respond well to it, at times he had no chance. It may ultimately benefit Barkley as he'll be aware of what he can expect.

...you have a forum resume?
The36Bus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
How does 6'1 7/8" hurt any wide receiver? Patterson will be know for his RAC primarily regardless.

I dont have Patterson as my #1 but I'd actually say that height raises his stock.

Josh Cribbs 6'1"
Santonio Holmes 5'11"
Anquan Boldin 6'1"
Jeremy Maclin 6'0"

Those that hurt ..

Khaled Holmes has been overrated for a very long time. It is very unlikely he will play center and will struggle. He cannot get up out of his stance. Once they figured him out in his junior year, especially since the 2011 Cal game, NT's lined up right underneath his nose and beat him off the snap every single time. Cal's Cedrick Payne exposed him and it's been all downhill since. I would say that much of USC's problems started and evolved around this one factor. Qb's struggle most with pressure up the middle, it both hurt and maybe will help Barkley as he was under constant pressure right up the middle and didn't respond well to it, at times he had no chance. It may ultimately benefit Barkley as he'll be aware of what he can expect.

Apparently Winters has a chest injury, but who knows. He's an idiot to have lifted if he does.

Also according to Charlie Campbell Steelers love Ansah.
popie70

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The36Bus wrote:
Apparently Winters has a chest injury, but who knows. He's an idiot to have lifted if he does.

I think he hurt his pec while benching, not before. If he was hurt before and still did it than he is dumb.

I hope the Steelers are blowing smoke about Ansah. I don't think he has a place on our defense.
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

popie70 wrote:
The36Bus wrote:

I think he hurt his pec while benching, not before. If he was hurt before and still did it than he is dumb.

I hope the Steelers are blowing smoke about Ansah. I don't think he has a place on our defense.

Unless were continuing conversion to 4-3, which to me makes sense, we seem to have more pieces to that puzzle than we do a 3-4.

popie70

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
popie70 wrote:
The36Bus wrote:

Unless were continuing conversion to 4-3, which to me makes sense, we seem to have more pieces to that puzzle than we do a 3-4.

I think we are right in the middle of that transition...which is frustrating if Tomlin wants to change commit to it.
jcm412

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:

Josh Cribbs 6'1"
Santonio Holmes 5'11"
Anquan Boldin 6'1"
Jeremy Maclin 6'0"

Those that hurt ..

Patterson was listed to be 6'3". I think that is why he is saying it will hurt him.
chrisororke

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcm412 wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:

Josh Cribbs 6'1"
Santonio Holmes 5'11"
Anquan Boldin 6'1"
Jeremy Maclin 6'0"

Those that hurt ..

Patterson was listed to be 6'3". I think that is why he is saying it will hurt him.

Yes that is what I said. Listed at 6'3" and a 6'3" WR with his playmaking ability has never been seen before to put not too fine of a point on it. His shiftiness, speed, quickness skillset looked like that of a smaller WR and that turned out to be the case. Speculation was pre-combine he would be under 6'3" and that turned out to be true. Like Warmack was listed at 6'3" and I was expecting like a 6'3" 1/8 out of him but was surprised by a flat 6'2". I love Jonathan Cooper at this point, strength and weight of 311 surprised me (expected much lower). He will only rise during the week bc strength was my weakness with him and he's going to tear up these quickness drills.

How about this? If you switched Jonathan Cooper and Chance Warmack names in listing of measurables you'd be like Warmack 35 reps sounds about right and Cooper DNP yeah I knew stength was his flaw. Absolutely shocked it to be other way around. I'm sure Warmack will get his 30+ reps at pro day but Cooper is one of biggest surprises and he might, just might be taken over Warmack ... And it could be the Steelers at #17
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
popie70 wrote:
The36Bus wrote:

I dont see where we have more pieces to the 4-3.

Tomlin and Colbert have said they look for verstile players.

I do agree that guys like Hood and Timmons would be better fits for the 43, but at this point, as far as our future defense goes, we dont have enough pieces for either defense.

Oh...and both Cam Heyward and Lamarr Woodley are MUCH better fits in the 34.

Sean Spence....4-3, but until i see something from him I dont have hopes for him as a starter in either scheme.

What Im seeing now..for the future with the pieces we currently have....

34-

Hood-McClendon- Heyward
Woodley-Spence-Timmons-Worlids

43-

Woodley-Hood-McClendon-Heyward
Timmons-Spence-????

Personally, both make me sick....but I think the 34 looks better than the 43. Woodley is much better suited as a 34 OLB, Heyward as a 5 tech, McClendon really isnt great either way but better for the 34 IMO.

Timmons IMO is finally coming into his own as a 34 ILB. As long as they dont move him to OLB at all, he should be fine.

Anyway...sorry for the rant. I just dont think we are set up at this point to run either defense better than the other.
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont disagree really 43 but Ansah for me is a better fit for " 4-3" He's a rush end. The better player and more 3-4 like is still on BYU's roster in Kyle Van Noy...the true star of that team and funny to me he may actually be a better overall prospect than this forum's favorite son and much hyped Anthony Barr.

JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for the 6'3 wide receiver...

Quote:
Yes that is what I said. Listed at 6'3" and a 6'3" WR with his playmaking ability has never been seen before to put not too fine of a point on it. His shiftiness, speed, quickness skillset looked like that of a smaller WR and that turned out to be the case.

First of all that wasn't mentioned at all in your post. Secondly there is nothing about Patterson that has never been seen before. In a sense you're comparing him to Calvin Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald. Johnson's physical attributes were an rarity and perhaps never seen before. AJ Green possibly, but Patterson? I listed several receivers comparable and could come up with more if you like.

I guess if you believed that 6'3 is what mattered most about his ability or was that important then you would be concerned one way or another about it.

I didn't even think size was an issue or consideration of his. If he was 5'8 with a light smallish frame than I would understand concern. If he's 6'3 and only has a 28 vert vs a guy 6'0 with a 35" vert how much does that height matter.....not to mention the length of his arms and size of his hands.

chrisororke

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
As for the 6'3 wide receiver...

Quote:
Yes that is what I said. Listed at 6'3" and a 6'3" WR with his playmaking ability has never been seen before to put not too fine of a point on it. His shiftiness, speed, quickness skillset looked like that of a smaller WR and that turned out to be the case.

First of all that wasn't mentioned at all in your post. Secondly there is nothing about Patterson that has never been seen before. In a sense you're comparing him to Calvin Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald. Johnson's physical attributes were an rarity and perhaps never seen before. AJ Green possibly, but Patterson? I listed several receivers comparable and could come up with more if you like.

I guess if you believed that 6'3 is what mattered most about his ability or was that important then you would be concerned one way or another about it.

I didn't even think size was an issue or consideration of his. If he was 5'8 with a light smallish frame than I would understand concern. If he's 6'3 and only has a 28 vert vs a guy 6'0 with a 35" vert how much does that height matter.....not to mention the length of his arms and size of his hands.

Uhh, yes I did. I said "under 6'3" was somewhat expected", implying the fact he was listed at 6'3"

And I agree length of arms and vert can neutralize the height of a WR. Patterson also had avg length arms, part of reason he was on stock down list. If he is 6'3", then he very likely has longer arms.

If Patterson was a legit 6'3" with his dance moves than name someone 6'3" with dance moves running in the 4.3's most likely being his time. Larry Fitz is not in that mold as his YAC comes from running straight ahead and having enough speed to outrun ppl some of the time. I view Fitz as possession WR. He's 4.5, not 4.3. Megaton uses elite speed and Larry Fitz ball skills and doesn't run across the field juking people. He runs by them with his 4.35 speed, there is a difference. AJ Green is in this draft under the name of Justin Hunter. AJ is elite but his skills are matched. He has vertical speed not side to side agility and quickness.

There is no WR out there that's that big with those moves. The only name coming to mind is a TO. But TO was much more physical than dance and prance like Patterson. TO had good burst and agility could make people miss with physicality and quickness this kid is more agile, joystick dangling fools. He was making ppl in the SEC look silly out there. Like sometimes it was like this isn't High School but that's what Patterson made it seem like.

If he measured at 6'3" with better ball skills then yes he would be "elite" but he is really just another of the dime out of a dozen, because the fact he is a tad under 6'2". Patterson has the shiftiness of an Antonio Brown but being 4 inches taller, I'm saying if he's 6'3" that's an even bigger gap, and thus more rare and special.
jebrick

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patterson's stock is down because the expectations are so high for him to blow up the combine. Anything that does not meet expectations, stock down.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
jcm412

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan Swope really just made his stock soar. 4.3 40. I'd love him as a Steeler.
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C. Patterson's stock IS not down. The NFL combine just probably soldify his status as #1. I will tell you this much; teams' scout are looking at HOW you play within your heights, not how tall you are. I mean, if that was the case, Yao Ming and Kevin Durant probably would get some offers to play in NFL.

It wouldn't matter if you are 5'7"-6'3", within a system, anybody can play as they see. Tavon Austin, I would have been high on if we were still with Bruce Arians. Since my source already claimed that we are looking at receivers in 1st round, so I have a brief list of who I think will be there but maybe not. here it is.

1). Cordarrelle Patterson
2). Tyler Eifert
3). Terrence Williams
4). Keenan Allen
5). Zach Ertz

As this may sound weird, a TE even with Heath Miller? Well, he's out. We need an immediate impact, those players fits right in Haley's system and easily could see PT.

Steelers also like Robert Woods because if somebody offer good value to trade down, that's where Robert Woods come in. Even if he's not exactly a bulky receiver, he plays physical and his blocking ability for screen passes are decent.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: