Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

QB Tyler Bray
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roger murdock

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Joe Flacco was a top 5 pick and I don't think Bray should be a top 5 rounder so I don't like the comparison.

Bray has a good arm but its not transcendent and he impresses me in no other areas of the game.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger murdock wrote:
I thought Joe Flacco was a top 5 pick and I don't think Bray should be a top 5 rounder so I don't like the comparison.

Bray has a good arm but its not transcendent and he impresses me in no other areas of the game.

He has accuracy. He just doesn't have consistency in his throwing motion, nor does he make even remotely good decisions. He is a Brandon Weeden type QB, but due to his attitude, he doesn't seem to be a guy who will learn from his mistakes. That's the only problem I see with him as a prospect. (the fact that he's stubborn and won't receive criticism/coaching well.)
Ryback

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im a Vols fan. He is a Jay Cutler type. You do not want him. He started arguments on the daily with players and coaches. He is a DRAMAQUEEN
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please..... While weeden is not a world beater he was by far a better college QB than bray has been

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

Fullback40

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Please..... While weeden is not a world beater he was by far a better college QB than bray has been

They are similar players. Both are big armed guys who have limited mobility and struggle to make reads quickly if the first option is taken away. Both tend to stare down receivers and make absolutely unforgiveable throws at times.

Weeden was more consistently accurate though.
zelbell

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, North America, Western Hemisphere, Planet Earth
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too immature, needs time to develop and mature, big arm but inaccurate

I'd take him with a 4th on back with the hopes of him being given time to develop
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not with a ten foot pole...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listened to an interview with him on Sirius yesterday and the whole time I couldn't help think of Ryan Leaf. His answers and overall tone was not very becoming of him. Personality has a lot to do with being a good QB in the league IMO. To be honest, Geno, Tyler Wilson, and Matt Barkley blew him away in their interviews and it wasn't even close.

Season tickets, section 315, since 06
See you in the Muni with the Tailgate DJs
Spectre

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: dafs Reply with quote

Mastercheddaar wrote:
Can't say I like him. I'd rather go with what we got right now and roll the dice.

The problem is that we don't have much right now. Even if Weeden pans out we still don't have a backup on the roster who can play in this system... and if he DOESN'T pan out, we're royally screwed.

Again, not saying that Bray is the guy because if he's still an immature [inappropriate/removed] like he was in college, he's never going to be good but if he's starting to get his head on straight, it might be worth a look. That's up for our FO/staff to decide but the 3rd is a ripe place for a QB and Bray has the most arm talent of anyone in this draft IMO.
mkk

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree brays issues are from the neck up. It was good to see him throw routes yesterday and without that Amish beard he had. But with the horrible coaching and leadership at Tennessee since fulmer was let go his talent is worth going the extra mile.some on this board are looking for Ryan mallet and he was worse in college with better coaching. sign Matt Moore for 3 years and team option for a 4th year and let them coach him up and let him mature. In the end he still threw 69 TD in 3 yrs in the sec on a crappy team with bad coaching.
pnies20

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think we will draft him

MINGO ATE YO BABY!
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if it is because of this thread, an article I read about him killing it in passing drills at the combine or a sign of things to come, but I had a dream last night we traded pretty far up into the 2nd round for him.

Just for chits and giggles we took Ansah in the 1st and D.J. Swearinger in the 4th. After that point I woke up. I did not dream about free agency so I don't know what holes we filled.

Also, I highly doubt Swearinger is around in the 4th. He is a stud that will knock you out and good man skills. I think he is a late 1st talent.

Jamison on the sig
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
I don't know if it is because of this thread, an article I read about him killing it in passing drills at the combine or a sign of things to come, but I had a dream last night we traded pretty far up into the 2nd round for him.

Just for chits and giggles we took Ansah in the 1st and D.J. Swearinger in the 4th. After that point I woke up. I did not dream about free agency so I don't know what holes we filled.

Also, I highly doubt Swearinger is around in the 4th. He is a stud that will knock you out and good man skills. I think he is a late 1st talent.

KamTrusdamus ftw

Except Bray hopefully

#JDI
brownie man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most talented QB in the draft arm wise. I'd take him in the 3rd, but I've been a Bray fan since last season. I just like his swagger he reminds me of Brady in that sense. Knuckle head, but if he can put it all together you've got a true diamond. I'd take him in the third bring in worthwhile competition for Weeden. Hes only 21 so hes got some time to sit behind Weeden worse that could happen is he has a few nice preseason games and we eventually trade him for a 2nd later on.

Honestly though if we bring in a QB this offseason I want Mallet. If we bring him in Weeden will have lost a job I think Mallet is going to be a stud especially with the coaching of Chud and Norv.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ I feel like u want to nutjobs at QB. Those guys are possible time bombs. We r not lucky enough to strike gold lol

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: