Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

QB Tyler Bray
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mkk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: QB Tyler Bray Reply with quote

He will rise up the boards in the next month. Would you pick him for the the browns and where would you select him?
roger murdock

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not consider him in the first 5 rounds and honestly would be disappointed if we drafted him even in the 7th. I think hes a mediocre talent with terrible leadership skills.

I'd rather draft Barkley, Nassib, or Geno at 6 than waste a third rounder on him.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger murdock wrote:
I would not consider him in the first 5 rounds and honestly would be disappointed if we drafted him even in the 7th. I think hes a mediocre talent with terrible leadership skills.

I'd rather draft Barkley, Nassib, or Geno at 6 than waste a third rounder on him.

Mediocre talent is false. He has absurd talent. He just doesn't have the mental makeup right now.
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like his attitude and lack of leadership I have seen on the field. I also don't like what I have read about his work ethic and understanding of the game. Again that was just read I cannot say for certain. He does have a huge arm and talent and over the years I have seen some bad QBs in college turn themselves into succesful QBs into good ones in the NFL. With the right coaching and dedication Tyler Bray can be a very good one. He is still a huge risk and should not go in the Top two rounds.

I would consider him from our 3rd own down with the complete intention of letting him sit for at least 2 years. He is going to take a lot of work and the coaching staff, front office and owner are going to have to be patient with him if he is going to succeed. I think it all comes down to the connection he can make with his NFL head coach. I don't think he has the attitude to work hard and be the best teammate for just anyone, but can be dedicated in the right realationship.

Jamison on the sig
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bray is hot garbage
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Bray is hot garbage

I agree 100%, but like I said in my post I have see too many QBs who were once hot garbage turn out very good in the NFL with the right coaching.

Jamison on the sig
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Bray is hot garbage

I agree 100%, but like I said in my post I have see too many QBs who were once hot garbage turn out very good in the NFL with the right coaching.

He is nothing but a big arm to me
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Bray is hot garbage

He is nothing but a big arm to me

I agree with you all the way. I'm just saying I don't know jack about evaluating QBs and if Chudzinski thinks he can be the man then I would be more than happy with the Browns drafting him with our 3rd or later.

Honestly, if it is not with our 6th overall pick I wouldn't be upset with any QB we draft. Its a QB driven league and if Chud thinks highly of him I'd be happy with the pick. Heck even if we find a way in FA to fill FS, OLB, and CB I would even be happy drafting a QB at #6.

Jamison on the sig
Spectre

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
I would consider him from our 3rd own down with the complete intention of letting him sit for at least 2 years. He is going to take a lot of work and the coaching staff, front office and owner are going to have to be patient with him if he is going to succeed.

This is pretty much where I'm at with Bray. In terms of physical ability, he's everything Chud would want in a QB. It's all about whether or not he has decided he wants to be great (dude did gain 24 lbs in the off-season) and whether or not he goes to a team that gets through to him and can get him to fix his trash mechanics/footwork. He's a huge project and might very likely bust but he has the kind of upside that if he pans out, he could be an upper echelon QB.

I contend we could do much worse with a 3rd round pick than a high upside QB... look at the crap we've taken in the 3rd since 1999. If we're going to roll with Weeden, I absolutely want us to take a guy for Norv/Chud to develop behind him and Bray fits the bill if the price is right.
roger murdock

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big arm does not equal big talent. Name one NFL QB who was good solely because of their arm - I cant think of one.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger murdock wrote:
Big arm does not equal big talent. Name one NFL QB who was good solely because of their arm - I cant think of one.

He has talent. It takes talent to be an accurate passer and to be able to fit balls in tight windows. Tyler Bray is accurate when he gets into a rhythem. Typically Bray is inconsistant from game to game as opposed to play to play. When he does get hot there is not a football fan that cannot say he plays like a Top 5 pick. There problem is the next game he looks like a 7th rounder.

Joe Flacco was all arm when he game into the league. It is all about projecting what the QB can become down the road which I'm no good at doing. If Chud and Turner think Bray can be the man then who am I to disagree? Maybe you're a world class QB evaluator(I highly doubt it, no offense), but I'm not so I'll back whatever QB Chud wants.

Jamison on the sig
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And for the record I hate Tyler Bray and have posted so numerous times this year. I think he is a selfish cry baby with terrible leadership skills. Again that is just my opinion. If Chud sees things differently then I'll be more than happy if we pick him.

Jamison on the sig
buno67

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if he had the potential to sit and learn then I would love to have him but with the Browns not having a stable situation with the Browns I wouldnt want him cause I wouldnt want him to see the field his first two years

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell no

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Mastercheddaar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: dafs Reply with quote

Can't say I like him. I'd rather go with what we got right now and roll the dice.

THat is all

Mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: