Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What if?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ninjaneer


Joined: 25 Jan 2008
Posts: 2338
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: What if? Reply with quote

What if?

1- KC- Geno Smith QB West Virginia
2- Jax- Bjoern Werner DE Florida State
3- Oakland- Star Lotulelei DT Utah
4- Philthy- Luke Joeckel OT Texas A&M
5- Detroit- Demontrae Moore DE Texas A&M
6- Cleveland- Jarvis Jones OLB Georgia
7- Arizona- Eric Fisher OT Central Michigan
8- Buffalo- Ezekiel Ansah DE BYU
9- NYJ- Cordarrelle Patterson WR Tennessee
10- Tennessee- Sheldon Richardson DT Missouri
11- San Diego- Lane Johnson OT Oklahoma
12- Miami- Dee Milliner CB Alabama
13- Tampa- Barkevious Mingo DE LSU
14- Carolina- Shariff Floyd DT Florida
15- New Orleans- Dion Jordan DE Oregon
16- St.Louis- Chance Warmack G Alabama
17- Pittsburgh- Keenan Allen WR California

18- Dallas (players rated 1st round still on the board) Fluker, Cooper, Ertz, Barkley, Rhodes, Vaccaro,Elam, Datone Jones, Okafor, Jesse Williams, Hankins, Short, Minter, Te'o, Hopkins...
Of these players, in my opinion, Fluker, Cooper and Short would be the prime targets. Cincinnati offers picks 21, 117 and 149 to jump the Giants and pick Kenny Vaccarro S Texas. Dallas accepts.

19- NYG- Zach Ertz TE Stanford (ouch)
20- Chicago- DJ Fluker OT Alabama

21- Dallas (from Cincinnati) prime targets left: Cooper and Short...Minnesota offers picks 23,151 and 183 to jump St.Louis and take De'Andre Hopkins WR Clemson. Dallas accepts.

22- St.Louis- Matt Elam S Florida

23- Dallas- The choice is between Jonathan Cooper G N.Carolina or Kawann Short DT Purdue. Besides this pick, Dallas now owns 9 other picks. (47,80,111,117,144,149,151,175,183) Cool


Last edited by ninjaneer on Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 20002
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd make those trades in a heartbeat, select Copper, and laugh my way to the funny farm because it would then allow us to move back into the 2nd or 3rd round for additional players with those newly acquired picks.

And Short played at Purdue, not Notre Dame.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ninjaneer


Joined: 25 Jan 2008
Posts: 2338
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
I'd make those trades in a heartbeat, select Copper, and laugh my way to the funny farm because it would then allow us to move back into the 2nd or 3rd round for additional players with those newly acquired picks.

And Short played at Purdue, not Notre Dame.
Damnit. Did this at 1:30 last night (this morning) and mustve been looking at the top tight ends when I jotted down Notre Dame for Short. Ill fix it. I agree it would give us all kinds of flexability to move up and steal fallers. With that said, Jerry will probably take a punter in the first and trade away the rest of the picks to get Alan Ball back. Crying or Very sad

Last edited by ninjaneer on Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Northland


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 3782
Location: Ajax, Ontario
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we could pull this off I would do it in a heartbeat. Take Cooper as Plan said, and hopefully nail all those other picks.

I am hoping the guards fall as DeCastro did last year although something tells me Warmack will be gone for sure (Mayock declared him the best football player he's seen on film in this years draft). Cooper is going to rise as well given his athleticism.

For me this year is about staying put or trading down. We have many needs. It's not the year to make a big splash and give up picks to move up.
_________________
Northland
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rtnldave


Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 2802
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any scenario where we could trade back in the 1st round and aquire, at the very least, a 2nd or 3rd round pick is a good idea. There is enough depth at the positions of need for us to get some really talented players late in the 1st and 2 in the second and possibly 2 in the 3rd.

I would be super amped if we managed the trading back that you proposed. Here's to your idea Pray
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
GeneralDissaray


Joined: 07 Apr 2006
Posts: 5134
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: What if? Reply with quote

ninjaneer wrote:
What if?

1- KC- Geno Smith QB West Virginia
2- Jax- Bjoern Werner DE Florida State
3- Oakland- Star Lotulelei DT Utah
4- Philthy- Luke Joeckel OT Texas A&M
5- Detroit- Demontrae Moore DE Texas A&M
6- Cleveland- Jarvis Jones OLB Georgia
7- Arizona- Eric Fisher OT Central Michigan
8- Buffalo- Ezekiel Ansah DE BYU
9- NYJ- Cordarrelle Patterson WR Tennessee
10- Tennessee- Sheldon Richardson DT Missouri
11- San Diego- Lane Johnson OT Oklahoma
12- Miami- Dee Milliner CB Alabama
13- Tampa- Barkevious Mingo DE LSU
14- Carolina- Shariff Floyd DT Florida
15- New Orleans- Dion Jordan DE Oregon
16- St.Louis- Chance Warmack G Alabama
17- Pittsburgh- Keenan Allen WR California

18- Dallas (players rated 1st round still on the board) Fluker, Cooper, Ertz, Barkley, Rhodes, Vaccaro,Elam, Datone Jones, Okafor, Jesse Williams, Hankins, Short, Minter, Te'o, Hopkins...
Of these players, in my opinion, Fluker, Cooper and Short would be the prime targets. Cincinnati offers picks 21, 117 and 149 to jump the Giants and pick Kenny Vaccarro S Texas. Dallas accepts.

19- NYG- Zach Ertz TE Stanford (ouch)
20- Chicago- DJ Fluker OT Alabama

21- Dallas (from Cincinnati) prime targets left: Cooper and Short...Minnesota offers picks 23,151 and 183 to jump St.Louis and take De'Andre Hopkins WR Clemson. Dallas accepts.

22- St.Louis- Matt Elam S Florida

23- Dallas- The choice is between Jonathan Cooper G N.Carolina or Kawann Short DT Purdue. Besides this pick, Dallas now owns 9 other picks. (47,80,111,117,144,149,151,175,183) Cool


Plan, can you imagine how may special teams players Jerry can turn that into? Mind boggling.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ninjaneer


Joined: 25 Jan 2008
Posts: 2338
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: What if? Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
ninjaneer wrote:
What if?

1- KC- Geno Smith QB West Virginia
2- Jax- Bjoern Werner DE Florida State
3- Oakland- Star Lotulelei DT Utah
4- Philthy- Luke Joeckel OT Texas A&M
5- Detroit- Demontrae Moore DE Texas A&M
6- Cleveland- Jarvis Jones OLB Georgia
7- Arizona- Eric Fisher OT Central Michigan
8- Buffalo- Ezekiel Ansah DE BYU
9- NYJ- Cordarrelle Patterson WR Tennessee
10- Tennessee- Sheldon Richardson DT Missouri
11- San Diego- Lane Johnson OT Oklahoma
12- Miami- Dee Milliner CB Alabama
13- Tampa- Barkevious Mingo DE LSU
14- Carolina- Shariff Floyd DT Florida
15- New Orleans- Dion Jordan DE Oregon
16- St.Louis- Chance Warmack G Alabama
17- Pittsburgh- Keenan Allen WR California

18- Dallas (players rated 1st round still on the board) Fluker, Cooper, Ertz, Barkley, Rhodes, Vaccaro,Elam, Datone Jones, Okafor, Jesse Williams, Hankins, Short, Minter, Te'o, Hopkins...
Of these players, in my opinion, Fluker, Cooper and Short would be the prime targets. Cincinnati offers picks 21, 117 and 149 to jump the Giants and pick Kenny Vaccarro S Texas. Dallas accepts.

19- NYG- Zach Ertz TE Stanford (ouch)
20- Chicago- DJ Fluker OT Alabama

21- Dallas (from Cincinnati) prime targets left: Cooper and Short...Minnesota offers picks 23,151 and 183 to jump St.Louis and take De'Andre Hopkins WR Clemson. Dallas accepts.

22- St.Louis- Matt Elam S Florida

23- Dallas- The choice is between Jonathan Cooper G N.Carolina or Kawann Short DT Purdue. Besides this pick, Dallas now owns 9 other picks. (47,80,111,117,144,149,151,175,183) Cool


Plan, can you imagine how may special teams players Jerry can turn that into? Mind boggling.
lmao...2009 part deux.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JWingate


Moderator
Joined: 10 Aug 2008
Posts: 4594
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't take the trade and select Kenny Vaccaro.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 20002
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: What if? Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
ninjaneer wrote:
What if?

1- KC- Geno Smith QB West Virginia
2- Jax- Bjoern Werner DE Florida State
3- Oakland- Star Lotulelei DT Utah
4- Philthy- Luke Joeckel OT Texas A&M
5- Detroit- Demontrae Moore DE Texas A&M
6- Cleveland- Jarvis Jones OLB Georgia
7- Arizona- Eric Fisher OT Central Michigan
8- Buffalo- Ezekiel Ansah DE BYU
9- NYJ- Cordarrelle Patterson WR Tennessee
10- Tennessee- Sheldon Richardson DT Missouri
11- San Diego- Lane Johnson OT Oklahoma
12- Miami- Dee Milliner CB Alabama
13- Tampa- Barkevious Mingo DE LSU
14- Carolina- Shariff Floyd DT Florida
15- New Orleans- Dion Jordan DE Oregon
16- St.Louis- Chance Warmack G Alabama
17- Pittsburgh- Keenan Allen WR California

18- Dallas (players rated 1st round still on the board) Fluker, Cooper, Ertz, Barkley, Rhodes, Vaccaro,Elam, Datone Jones, Okafor, Jesse Williams, Hankins, Short, Minter, Te'o, Hopkins...
Of these players, in my opinion, Fluker, Cooper and Short would be the prime targets. Cincinnati offers picks 21, 117 and 149 to jump the Giants and pick Kenny Vaccarro S Texas. Dallas accepts.

19- NYG- Zach Ertz TE Stanford (ouch)
20- Chicago- DJ Fluker OT Alabama

21- Dallas (from Cincinnati) prime targets left: Cooper and Short...Minnesota offers picks 23,151 and 183 to jump St.Louis and take De'Andre Hopkins WR Clemson. Dallas accepts.

22- St.Louis- Matt Elam S Florida

23- Dallas- The choice is between Jonathan Cooper G N.Carolina or Kawann Short DT Purdue. Besides this pick, Dallas now owns 9 other picks. (47,80,111,117,144,149,151,175,183) Cool


Plan, can you imagine how may special teams players Jerry can turn that into? Mind boggling.


Someone needs to make a suicide emoticon for this website. It would be a fitting response here.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 20002
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWingate wrote:
I wouldn't take the trade and select Kenny Vaccaro.


You sir, are crazy. None of the Safeties in this class pose as much value as that trade. We'd get multiple long-term starters in multiple spots rather than focusing on one overrated Safety prospect.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
htfryar


Joined: 14 Feb 2005
Posts: 9775
Location: Hot Springs, Arkansas
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
JWingate wrote:
I wouldn't take the trade and select Kenny Vaccaro.


You sir, are crazy. None of the Safeties in this class pose as much value as that trade. We'd get multiple long-term starters in multiple spots rather than focusing on one overrated Safety prospect.


Yeah, I gotta agree with Plan on this one. Vaccaro isn't worth as much as those trades would be. If you were going to stay put, Cooper would be the better choice. Trading down and still getting Cooper would be even better.

Honestly, I'd rather wait until the 3rd round and take Swearinger than take Vaccaro in the 1st.
_________________


Homer Simpson wrote:
Beer, the cause of, and solution to all of life’s problems.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
JWingate


Moderator
Joined: 10 Aug 2008
Posts: 4594
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
JWingate wrote:
I wouldn't take the trade and select Kenny Vaccaro.


You sir, are crazy. None of the Safeties in this class pose as much value as that trade. We'd get multiple long-term starters in multiple spots rather than focusing on one overrated Safety prospect.

Well lets be honest, that trade will never happen and Vaccaro is a top prospect in this draft at a premium position and tbh I feel is a weak position in this draft.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheStarStillShines


Joined: 12 Oct 2004
Posts: 8498
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, it won't take that much for teams to move up 2 or 3 spots. Remmber the Boys only gave up a 2nd-round pick to move from 14 to 6 last year. At most, it will take a 3rd-round pick for team to go from 21 to 18.

That said, if those deals were on the table, you definitely make the trades since a lot players in the 15 to 30 range are quite comparable and the Boys have plenty of needs.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Northland


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 3782
Location: Ajax, Ontario
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheStarStillShines wrote:
First, it won't take that much for teams to move up 2 or 3 spots. Remmber the Boys only gave up a 2nd-round pick to move from 14 to 6 last year. At most, it will take a 3rd-round pick for team to go from 21 to 18.

That said, if those deals were on the table, you definitely make the trades since a lot players in the 15 to 30 range are quite comparable and the Boys have plenty of needs.


This is the key mindset to have in this draft. Of course a lot of teams will be thinking this way and looking to move down.
_________________
Northland
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 20002
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheStarStillShines wrote:
First, it won't take that much for teams to move up 2 or 3 spots. Remmber the Boys only gave up a 2nd-round pick to move from 14 to 6 last year. At most, it will take a 3rd-round pick for team to go from 21 to 18.

That said, if those deals were on the table, you definitely make the trades since a lot players in the 15 to 30 range are quite comparable and the Boys have plenty of needs.


TSSS, the trade compensation we got in return were 4th, 5th, and 6th round picks, so he was following the trade value chart pretty closely. The way ninja's trade scenario ended up, we had this:

Rd 1 - Pick 23
Rd 2 - Pick 47
Rd 3 - Pick 80
Rd 4 - Pick 111
Rd 4 - Pick 117
Rd 5 - Pick 144
Rd 5 - Pick 149
Rd 5 - Pick 151
Rd 6 - Pick 175
Rd 6 - Pick 183
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group