Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Treat88's Pre Combine Mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gatek99

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do we need a TE in the 2nd? Miller is hurt year, but what is wrong with Paulson? Tomlin loves him and he did good as a rookie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
armsteeld wrote:
@43, you are so wrong this time. You are high speefd and I like that, however, my point is if a WR can't beat the better collegiate CBs, then he isn't worth 17th pick. I base my observation on said player vs elite competition and measureables. He disappears against better DBs! If a highly praised DE disappeared once he faced NFL level talent, would you reconsider his worth? Before you respond, remember comments you may have made about Wallace. So no I am basing my statement due to dislike of Patterson but rather his ability to contend.

You are seriously exaggerating his inability to get open against better CBs.

For one thing, he didnt even take on the best CBs most of the time. Justin Hunter did.

Justin Hunter was Tyler Bray's go to guy. Im a Hunter fan as well, but he doesnt have nearly the potential Patterson has.

Patterson was very raw, and still needs work, but he is the most explosive playmaker in the draft and all of his shortcomings are things that can be fixed with experience and coaching.

I get why some might not want him early, but simply continuing to claim he cant "contend"...THAT is what is "so wrong" here.

Thanks for strengthening my arguments. If he was going against the second best CB and still has those issues, then I am even more worried about him being selected Top 20.

He got you.

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the sig

"The King Stay the King"
treat88

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gatek99 wrote:
Why do we need a TE in the 2nd? Miller is hurt year, but what is wrong with Paulson? Tomlin loves him and he did good as a rookie

My thinking was that Kelce is simply a dangerous enough weapon that be it in tandem with Paulson or Miller it would give Ben/Haley multiple options in the middle of the field. He has shades of Rudolph and possibly even Gronk to his game.

That said, my research was pretty shallow as I wasn't aware of the severity of the baggage attached to him. Probably DND on the Steelers board.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
armsteeld

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyJoeYoung wrote:
armsteeld wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
armsteeld wrote:
@43, you are so wrong this time. You are high speefd and I like that, however, my point is if a WR can't beat the better collegiate CBs, then he isn't worth 17th pick. I base my observation on said player vs elite competition and measureables. He disappears against better DBs! If a highly praised DE disappeared once he faced NFL level talent, would you reconsider his worth? Before you respond, remember comments you may have made about Wallace. So no I am basing my statement due to dislike of Patterson but rather his ability to contend.

For one thing, he didnt even take on the best CBs most of the time. Justin Hunter did.

Justin Hunter was Tyler Bray's go to guy. Im a Hunter fan as well, but he doesnt have nearly the potential Patterson has.

Patterson was very raw, and still needs work, but he is the most explosive playmaker in the draft and all of his shortcomings are things that can be fixed with experience and coaching.

I get why some might not want him early, but simply continuing to claim he cant "contend"...THAT is what is "so wrong" here.

Thanks for strengthening my arguments. If he was going against the second best CB and still has those issues, then I am even more worried about him being selected Top 20.

He got you.

43 is a great debater whereas I am not. I only put forth facts.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
treat88

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
armsteeld wrote:

How much of his issues were him "disappearing" versus game plan and context.

Wallace disappeared while still receiving numerous targets. That is the gripe with him.

Did Patterson get the opportunities and simply fail to make plays? Did he not get the targets? If not was it because of his inability to do his job or did they just go other directions with the play calling? Honest questions.

For me, if he has demonstrated he can get off press coverage, which i belive he has, I am satisfied he will grow into a legit NFL #1 type that demands both targets and extra defensive attention.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
armsteeld

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treat88 wrote:
armsteeld wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
armsteeld wrote:

How much of his issues were him "disappearing" versus game plan and context.

Wallace disappeared while still receiving numerous targets. That is the gripe with him.

Did Patterson get the opportunities and simply fail to make plays? Did he not get the targets? If not was it because of his inability to do his job or did they just go other directions with the play calling? Honest questions.

For me, if he has demonstrated he can get off press coverage, which i belive he has, I am satisfied he will grow into a legit NFL #1 type that demands both targets and extra defensive attention.

He is a sloppy route runner also. I will stop bashing the guy tho. He is a kid and as you said, has room to grow and develop just hopefully not as a Steeler. How long will it take him to learn to run routes? He is a body catcher? How good are his hands? Damn lol!! Ok, I will leave him alone Embarassed

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
MightyJoeYoung

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
MightyJoeYoung wrote:
armsteeld wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
armsteeld wrote:

He got you.

My comment was all in good fun.

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the sig

"The King Stay the King"
armsteeld

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyJoeYoung wrote:
armsteeld wrote:
MightyJoeYoung wrote:
armsteeld wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
armsteeld wrote:

He got you.

My comment was all in good fun.

You are good, man. I like to debate as long as its worth it.

kethnaab

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:

If I'm going WR Im looking at Hopkins.

Id also think seriously about Wheaton or Patton in the 2nd.

agreed on all points. Just not that interested in a guy who isn't a natural hands-catcher
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
armsteeld wrote:

It didnt stenghten your argument at all, because you were saying the better CBs were shutting him down, when they werent. Im not saying he wasnt kept in check at all, but as I stated earlier, there are alot of great WRs over the years that were kept "in check" against better teams. Alot of Patterson's issues werent with him being kept in check by a single CB, but teams gameplanning for him and taking advantage of the fact that he was still very raw.

Once again, if you dont like him, I respect that. Im not trying to convince you to like him. Im just saying that your argument about him being shut down by better CBs isnt as black and white as you make it out to be.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
treat88

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of it really matters as we won't get a shot at him.

6'2" 216lbs with 4.3 speed.

He doesn't highpoint like Julio, but he's a better YAC guy.

He's going 8, 9, or 12.

If they want him they'll have to go up and get him.

snoopydawg44us

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with 43 we have alot of holes to fill.
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally can see first round happening. Can easily see Steelers drafting him, however I now have hard time believing he'll be there by 17th pick. Patterson might as well be the first offensive weapon to come off the draft board.

Also I think its important to note this, my source seem very assertive that steelers FO wants to trade down from round 2 and think they can do it.
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also let's not forget that Tyler Bray flamed out, badly. With those two receivers and yardage they were able to get; blame has to be on running game, playcallings, and quaterback playing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: