Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Michael Turner likely to be released
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tech2186

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Michael Turner likely to be released Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8973985/atlanta-falcons-likely-release-michael-turner-sources

Most of us saw this coming, but just in case you thought his contract may be restructured this pretty much should answer that. Great RB, may be the best in Falcons history but it is time to get younger.

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008

Last edited by tech2186 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Hotlanta12

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me Lacy, Gillislee, Bernard, Ellington, Taylor, or Reggie Bush as the starter going into next season.

Clowney, Mack, Robinson, Matthews, or Barr to Atlanta in 2014!
mjmiller

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lacy, Bernard or Lattimore for me. all 3 of these guys are gonna be stars!
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lacy is not that good guys. He's a bad fit for the scheme we run too. So why bring in a guy who's slow and a plodder like Turner?

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
GrimeyKid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me Rodgers as the starter and give me a rb in the draft as a change of pace. Yall not going to just give a rookie what rodgers has earned?

2012 Adopt-A-Falcon

Jacquizz Rodgers #32
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bernard or Gillislee please and thank you. We are probably going more of a RBBC and that is fine with me.
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
Lacy is not that good guys. He's a bad fit for the scheme we run too. So why bring in a guy who's slow and a plodder like Turner?

Yes, he is that good. And as I already mentioned and you ignored, good coaches will tweak systems for talented players.
tech2186

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
scar988 wrote:

Yes, he is that good. And as I already mentioned and you ignored, good coaches will tweak systems for talented players.

I like Lacy, I just dont like Lacy as a 1st or 2nd round pick. Which is why I dont think he is going to be a Falcon.

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
adam9

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
scar988 wrote:

I gotta agree with GSU here

I really want Gio though.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
scar988 wrote:

ignored? more like I don't read every single topic after I post in them to follow people's reposnses.

Good coaches will do that.

and No, he isn't that good. He's a slow, plodding guy who was boosted by a great OL. He's a 2nd round pick at best and people are trying to push him off as a 1st rounder. he doesnt have the top end speed to be a 1st rounder at all. nor is he worth the Falcons pick in the 2nd because of his 4.65-4.7 speed.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Willthethrill_H

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
scar988 wrote:

ignored? more like I don't read every single topic after I post in them to follow people's reposnses.

Good coaches will do that.

and No, he isn't that good. He's a slow, plodding guy who was boosted by a great OL. He's a 2nd round pick at best and people are trying to push him off as a 1st rounder. he doesnt have the top end speed to be a 1st rounder at all. nor is he worth the Falcons pick in the 2nd because of his 4.65-4.7 speed.

I have to somewhat agree with Scar here, and this is coming from a die hard Bama fan. Now I do believe he is worth our second round pick, but I would find it hard to take him in the first. The guy is a hard nosed runner who can use you're momentum against you, whether it be spinning off your hit or making you miss altogether, but he simply doesn't have the speed to be a home run hitter in the NFL. While I do believe he has starter potential, being from Alabama means he played with what should be 3 first round picks on the right side of the line, a sophomore left tackle that's a sure fire first rounder, and a left guard that will make it to the NFL.

As a side note, there's a reason he left this year. TJ Yeldon was going to get the majority of the carries whether Lacy returned or not. Lacy isn't on top of the world of talent, but you know what you're getting when you draft him. A guy with medium potential who has very refined skills and has been well coached, but at the same time lacks the speed to break away and tries to make up for it with his vision and hard nosed style.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lacy is not that good guys sorry, anyone can look good behind Bama's O-line. he isn't a home run threat Gio fits our system WAY better. dude can catch out of the backfield and take it to the house. we all know dirk loves those screens
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically people are saying he isn't.that good because he won't run a sub 4.4. Plenty of guys don't run that. He has good hands, great size, power and agility. Good moves and vision and very reliable hands. The only back i would take over him is Bernard, possibly lattimore.

Not fitting our scheme is a pretty poor and lazy reason
devils1854

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for 5 great years Turner, but don't let the door hit you.

I do like Lacy, but I don't think he is perfect for our scheme. We could tweak it for him, but I think drafting a Bernard or Ellington would do us better. If we are looking for a later rd pick, then I'd love to have Jonathan Franklin in the 3-4, or maybe take a flier on a guy like Dennis Johnson.

#JDI
At the front of the Jeff Matthew and Brett Smith bandwagon.
Lentz33

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a big fan of Lacy. I think he definetly benefited from a OL that was just out of this world for a college OL. But he is slow. Very slow. And think we need to get a guy who can get up and go.

What about a guy like Jonathan Franklin in the 4th?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: