Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What do you do?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jcm412


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 3476
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troofax wrote:
jebrick wrote:
MightyJoeYoung wrote:
6'1 and a half is OK if you play like you are 6'3. Kinda odd he came out 6'1 and a half as he does look tall.


He does not play tall. One game, Alabama, he went up and got a ball. The rest of the time he seems to not want to do it. Teams learned that he tips his breaks with his feet movement and were jumping his breaks a lot by the end of the year. He is a body catcher. He should be a natural hand catcher but he is not. He rounds off his routes a lot. He is explosive when he can run the ball. Most of the highlights you see are reverses and punt returns. Very Percy Harvin like

All of the negatives can be corrected. He is a lot of potential. If drafting someone like Ezekiel Ansah scares you then Patterson is not for you. Both are the same raw talent with high ceilings. They are very boom/bust. either he learns and becomes Randy Moss ( much shorter Randy Moss) or he does not and is an average WR drafted in the 1st round.


Rolling Eyes

Please...Care to share your own thoughts? Or you just going to go with that?

Some of this is partially true, but you can make similar lists of negatives with every single player. He's not a "body catcher" because you say he is, lol. He does both, like 90% of players do. It just sounds good, so posters use the phrase often to make themselves sound like they have a clue...Not that you don't, but this whole post is full of combine cliche', I just can't take it serious...besides, like I said, you can say these things about any receiver, as long as they do it once...or you read some "experts" bio on him, which I find laughable. I never read those positive/negatives, unless it's to compare with mine, after I have formed my own opinion.

His ONE "high point" highlight, is one more than Mr Wallace has ever had. There is more than one, btw, that's a joke. Did you watch his every play? No, you did not.

The fact you say "he doesn't want it" is beyond laughable as well. There's not many players that want it more than Cordelle.

Exaggerate more, I need some more laughs.


Again, please elaborate and give us some specifics. Please change our minds. You keep telling us how much YOU know and how little WE know. I haven't read any evidence or support for your brash statements.

Or will you continue to rag on everyone else's opinions and use it as support for your own argument?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Troofax


Joined: 28 Jan 2013
Posts: 252
Location: NW US
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcm412 wrote:
Troofax wrote:
jebrick wrote:
MightyJoeYoung wrote:
6'1 and a half is OK if you play like you are 6'3. Kinda odd he came out 6'1 and a half as he does look tall.


He does not play tall. One game, Alabama, he went up and got a ball. The rest of the time he seems to not want to do it. Teams learned that he tips his breaks with his feet movement and were jumping his breaks a lot by the end of the year. He is a body catcher. He should be a natural hand catcher but he is not. He rounds off his routes a lot. He is explosive when he can run the ball. Most of the highlights you see are reverses and punt returns. Very Percy Harvin like

All of the negatives can be corrected. He is a lot of potential. If drafting someone like Ezekiel Ansah scares you then Patterson is not for you. Both are the same raw talent with high ceilings. They are very boom/bust. either he learns and becomes Randy Moss ( much shorter Randy Moss) or he does not and is an average WR drafted in the 1st round.


Rolling Eyes

Please...Care to share your own thoughts? Or you just going to go with that?

Some of this is partially true, but you can make similar lists of negatives with every single player. He's not a "body catcher" because you say he is, lol. He does both, like 90% of players do. It just sounds good, so posters use the phrase often to make themselves sound like they have a clue...Not that you don't, but this whole post is full of combine cliche', I just can't take it serious...besides, like I said, you can say these things about any receiver, as long as they do it once...or you read some "experts" bio on him, which I find laughable. I never read those positive/negatives, unless it's to compare with mine, after I have formed my own opinion.

His ONE "high point" highlight, is one more than Mr Wallace has ever had. There is more than one, btw, that's a joke. Did you watch his every play? No, you did not.

The fact you say "he doesn't want it" is beyond laughable as well. There's not many players that want it more than Cordelle.

Exaggerate more, I need some more laughs.


Again, please elaborate and give us some specifics. Please change our minds. You keep telling us how much YOU know and how little WE know. I haven't read any evidence or support for your brash statements.

Or will you continue to rag on everyone else's opinions and use it as support for your own argument?


I'm doing the ragging of opinions? You don't pay attention if you think that I'm the only one. Why are people so uptight here? My god, relax.
I have said plenty on the subject, I'm not looking to write another page. The specifics are there, go look them up.
_________________
Mini-mock
1.Tyler Eiffert TE Notre Dame
2. Eric Reid S LSU
3. Robert Woods WR USC
4. Jonathan Franklin RB UCLA

That's all I got, will fill in the rest later.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
jcm412


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 3476
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troofax wrote:
jcm412 wrote:
Troofax wrote:
jebrick wrote:
MightyJoeYoung wrote:
6'1 and a half is OK if you play like you are 6'3. Kinda odd he came out 6'1 and a half as he does look tall.


He does not play tall. One game, Alabama, he went up and got a ball. The rest of the time he seems to not want to do it. Teams learned that he tips his breaks with his feet movement and were jumping his breaks a lot by the end of the year. He is a body catcher. He should be a natural hand catcher but he is not. He rounds off his routes a lot. He is explosive when he can run the ball. Most of the highlights you see are reverses and punt returns. Very Percy Harvin like

All of the negatives can be corrected. He is a lot of potential. If drafting someone like Ezekiel Ansah scares you then Patterson is not for you. Both are the same raw talent with high ceilings. They are very boom/bust. either he learns and becomes Randy Moss ( much shorter Randy Moss) or he does not and is an average WR drafted in the 1st round.


Rolling Eyes

Please...Care to share your own thoughts? Or you just going to go with that?

Some of this is partially true, but you can make similar lists of negatives with every single player. He's not a "body catcher" because you say he is, lol. He does both, like 90% of players do. It just sounds good, so posters use the phrase often to make themselves sound like they have a clue...Not that you don't, but this whole post is full of combine cliche', I just can't take it serious...besides, like I said, you can say these things about any receiver, as long as they do it once...or you read some "experts" bio on him, which I find laughable. I never read those positive/negatives, unless it's to compare with mine, after I have formed my own opinion.

His ONE "high point" highlight, is one more than Mr Wallace has ever had. There is more than one, btw, that's a joke. Did you watch his every play? No, you did not.

The fact you say "he doesn't want it" is beyond laughable as well. There's not many players that want it more than Cordelle.

Exaggerate more, I need some more laughs.


Again, please elaborate and give us some specifics. Please change our minds. You keep telling us how much YOU know and how little WE know. I haven't read any evidence or support for your brash statements.

Or will you continue to rag on everyone else's opinions and use it as support for your own argument?


I'm doing the ragging of opinions? You don't pay attention if you think that I'm the only one. Why are people so uptight here? My god, relax.
I have said plenty on the subject, I'm not looking to write another page. The specifics are there, go look them up.


Man you make me laugh. Way to back up all that talk.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Troofax


Joined: 28 Jan 2013
Posts: 252
Location: NW US
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcm412 wrote:
Troofax wrote:
jcm412 wrote:
Troofax wrote:
jebrick wrote:
MightyJoeYoung wrote:
6'1 and a half is OK if you play like you are 6'3. Kinda odd he came out 6'1 and a half as he does look tall.


He does not play tall. One game, Alabama, he went up and got a ball. The rest of the time he seems to not want to do it. Teams learned that he tips his breaks with his feet movement and were jumping his breaks a lot by the end of the year. He is a body catcher. He should be a natural hand catcher but he is not. He rounds off his routes a lot. He is explosive when he can run the ball. Most of the highlights you see are reverses and punt returns. Very Percy Harvin like

All of the negatives can be corrected. He is a lot of potential. If drafting someone like Ezekiel Ansah scares you then Patterson is not for you. Both are the same raw talent with high ceilings. They are very boom/bust. either he learns and becomes Randy Moss ( much shorter Randy Moss) or he does not and is an average WR drafted in the 1st round.


Rolling Eyes

Please...Care to share your own thoughts? Or you just going to go with that?

Some of this is partially true, but you can make similar lists of negatives with every single player. He's not a "body catcher" because you say he is, lol. He does both, like 90% of players do. It just sounds good, so posters use the phrase often to make themselves sound like they have a clue...Not that you don't, but this whole post is full of combine cliche', I just can't take it serious...besides, like I said, you can say these things about any receiver, as long as they do it once...or you read some "experts" bio on him, which I find laughable. I never read those positive/negatives, unless it's to compare with mine, after I have formed my own opinion.

His ONE "high point" highlight, is one more than Mr Wallace has ever had. There is more than one, btw, that's a joke. Did you watch his every play? No, you did not.

The fact you say "he doesn't want it" is beyond laughable as well. There's not many players that want it more than Cordelle.

Exaggerate more, I need some more laughs.


Again, please elaborate and give us some specifics. Please change our minds. You keep telling us how much YOU know and how little WE know. I haven't read any evidence or support for your brash statements.

Or will you continue to rag on everyone else's opinions and use it as support for your own argument?


I'm doing the ragging of opinions? You don't pay attention if you think that I'm the only one. Why are people so uptight here? My god, relax.
I have said plenty on the subject, I'm not looking to write another page. The specifics are there, go look them up.


Man you make me laugh. Way to back up all that talk.


Glad to hear it. Again, if you want to learn, follow along. I'm not going to repeat myself. Got it, junior?
_________________
Mini-mock
1.Tyler Eiffert TE Notre Dame
2. Eric Reid S LSU
3. Robert Woods WR USC
4. Jonathan Franklin RB UCLA

That's all I got, will fill in the rest later.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
kethnaab


Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 10057
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Re: What do you do? Reply with quote

mwalker wrote:
Our pick comes, and we find this scenario...

Milliner slips and is available. So is Warmack, Patterson and Teo.
Jesse Williams hasn't been picked nor has Vecarro.

Your pick?


well, if Milliner slips, it's because he runs a 4.6

Warmack might fall because he's a guard, but I see zero reason to invest a 3rd first rounder on IOL especially in a scheme where smarts, agility, flexibility, and balance are as important as brute strength.

Patterson isn't a hands-catcher. I am hesitant to put forth a pick on a guy with 1 year of collegiate experience who was essentially the WR2 on his own college team. HUGE potential, but I am not real interested in the 1st.

Te'o is an ILB who doesn't blitz. I'm far less concerned about his girlfriend issue than I am about positional value for what he will provide. I'm simply not convinced that what he provides can't be had later on.

Jesse Williams and Vaccaro I believe to be the 2 best at their positions for what the Steelers do, and I'd be fine with either. Truthfully, I think a guy like Jesse Williams will come along every season, and we really don't know what we have in Ta'amu, Fangupo, or heck even McLendon and/or Ziggy.

Let's just say I'd rather gamble that we can find our 2-down NT answer in Ta'amu, Fangupo, or possibly either of our DE/NT hybrids. I'm far less convinced that Robert Golden can play FS *OR* SS at a top level, and I'm far more convinced that Vacarro can. His coverage ability is impressive for a safety his size. Yes, he is rough around the edges, but he has a natural aggressiveness and physical talent that I like.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JustPlainNasty


Joined: 11 Feb 2008
Posts: 7099
Location: Las Vegas
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patterson doesn't stand out by any means as someone that plucks the ball. He is not an excellent route runner and relies heavily on quick burst movements and his main attribute is the ability to run after the catch or with the ball in his hands.

Troofax i don't know where you come off criticizing someone that gave actual reason for critique that is reflective of the player. Whether you see things different is your opinion. I don't see anything wrong with using the language that is used to describe a player especially in this type of forum (thats almost laughable) , matter of fact I don't know why you wouldn't so long as its used in the correct context.
_________________
Dcash4 wrote:


...you have a forum resume?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Troofax


Joined: 28 Jan 2013
Posts: 252
Location: NW US
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
Patterson doesn't stand out by any means as someone that plucks the ball. He is not an excellent route runner and relies heavily on quick burst movements and his main attribute is the ability to run after the catch or with the ball in his hands.

Troofax i don't know where you come off criticizing someone that gave actual reason for critique that is reflective of the player. Whether you see things different is your opinion. I don't see anything wrong with using the language that is used to describe a player especially in this type of forum (thats almost laughable) , matter of fact I don't know why you wouldn't so long as its used in the correct context.


First, they weren't his reasons, they were copied. Second, they are highly exaggerated and some things you could say about every WR coming out this year. There was an agenda, it wasn't true criticism of the player as much...
The "language" part, was again, not his language and a reason I brought it up. I have made it clear that I'm not a fan of using other peoples opinions as your own. I had just read the same crap that he did.

By the way. Name me a player that doesn't catch with his body sometimes..I can show you highlights of both with everyone. I have seen enough of Patterson using his "hands" to catch the ball, that I'm not real worried about it. He's got all the tools needed. To say he wasn't the best WR on his own team doesn't mean a thing to me. Hunter was well established at the U, and is a heck of a WR himself. Patterson is good enough to come into the league and make an immediate impact, and he will only get better. Williams or any Nose in the first is a complete waste at number 1, same with guard and inside linebacker. I have said all along I would be ok with Vaccaro, in the long run it would be a great pick. My preference is to get a playmaker that can come in and contribute right away. Most of these mocks and projections around here don't fit what we need to do. I would also take Eiffert in a heartbeat.
_________________
Mini-mock
1.Tyler Eiffert TE Notre Dame
2. Eric Reid S LSU
3. Robert Woods WR USC
4. Jonathan Franklin RB UCLA

That's all I got, will fill in the rest later.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
JustPlainNasty


Joined: 11 Feb 2008
Posts: 7099
Location: Las Vegas
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troofax wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:
Patterson doesn't stand out by any means as someone that plucks the ball. He is not an excellent route runner and relies heavily on quick burst movements and his main attribute is the ability to run after the catch or with the ball in his hands.

Troofax i don't know where you come off criticizing someone that gave actual reason for critique that is reflective of the player. Whether you see things different is your opinion. I don't see anything wrong with using the language that is used to describe a player especially in this type of forum (thats almost laughable) , matter of fact I don't know why you wouldn't so long as its used in the correct context.


First, they weren't his reasons, they were copied. Second, they are highly exaggerated and some things you could say about every WR coming out this year. There was an agenda, it wasn't true criticism of the player as much...
The "language" part, was again, not his language and a reason I brought it up. I have made it clear that I'm not a fan of using other peoples opinions as your own. I had just read the same crap that he did.

By the way. Name me a player that doesn't catch with his body sometimes..I can show you highlights of both with everyone. I have seen enough of Patterson using his "hands" to catch the ball, that I'm not real worried about it. He's got all the tools needed. To say he wasn't the best WR on his own team doesn't mean a thing to me. Hunter was well established at the U, and is a heck of a WR himself. Patterson is good enough to come into the league and make an immediate impact, and he will only get better. Williams or any Nose in the first is a complete waste at number 1, same with guard and inside linebacker. I have said all along I would be ok with Vaccaro, in the long run it would be a great pick. My preference is to get a playmaker that can come in and contribute right away. Most of these mocks and projections around here don't fit what we need to do. I would also take Eiffert in a heartbeat.


Im ok with your opinion and new and varying insight is always appreciated by me. You will find that I don't typically follow where the path leads. I'm not real big on chastising or bullying others whether they know much or they don't so long as they aren't attempting to be obnoxious or obsessing over closed mindedness (but I'm not perfect and get carried away we all can). Take it easy on these guys and try to approach things from less of a place where yours is the best or only way. Sometimes its not easy but if we don't at least try that this would be a very stressful place amongst people with similar goals and probably eventually a very lonely place. In my typical brash way I suppose I'm laying out the olive branch. There are several people in here that are knowledgable, and those that may be less avid but still interested in knowing & participating. You and I were kids once with heroes like Louis Lipps, Weegie Thompson, Walter Abercrombie & even Earnest Jackson, but we hardly had a clue as compared to today.

As for guys that dont let the ball into body, true no one is perfect. In the pros Larry Fitz always comes to mind as does Cris Carter. Those in the upcoming draft that have a propensity to pluck the ball I have two that come to mind right away for me which is one of the main reasons I rate them so high. Hopkins & Eiffert. In comparison Zac Ertz has far too often let the ball get to his body for me...contrary to his old teammate Fleener. Ertz did improve toward the end of the year but those habits die hard.

I like Patterson but honestly I see him more as later 1st like 20's on into early 2nd round. Now if he runs a crazy 40, that could elevate him to more where people are trying to slate him.. Im expecting 4.44 -4.48 area..Thoughts on his speed?
_________________
Dcash4 wrote:


...you have a forum resume?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 50753
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troofax wrote:
Glad to hear it. Again, if you want to learn, follow along. I'm not going to repeat myself. Got it, junior?


Learn something? From who...you? Once again...you just act like you know more than everyone. Youre insight isnt nearly as special as you tell everyone it is.

Youre insecurity is evident. The fact that you constantly need to do things like call people "junior" is more than enough proof, regardless how much you try to say otherwise, "old man".

Youre the reason this site needs an ignore feature.
_________________

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
at23steelers


Joined: 05 Mar 2011
Posts: 3721
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@43: But then no one would ever reply to my posts!! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 50753
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
@43: But then no one would ever reply to my posts!! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad


Yeah...you would definitely be one of the first on mine. Cool
_________________

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Troofax


Joined: 28 Jan 2013
Posts: 252
Location: NW US
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Troofax wrote:
Glad to hear it. Again, if you want to learn, follow along. I'm not going to repeat myself. Got it, junior?


Learn something? From who...you? Once again...you just act like you know more than everyone. Youre insight isnt nearly as special as you tell everyone it is.

Youre insecurity is evident. The fact that you constantly need to do things like call people "junior" is more than enough proof, regardless how much you try to say otherwise, "old man".

Youre the reason this site needs an ignore feature.


Haha, I have no insecurity issues, I assure you. I thought you were ignoring me? I don't ACT like anything, I just don't defer to anyone about this team. Never will. The draft is one thing, it's all opinion/half other peoples opinion. I won't use other peoples opinions, most will. Theres really nothing to be "insightful" about right now, unless you are still learning the game? Are you? I'll let you know if/when your opinion of me matters.
_________________
Mini-mock
1.Tyler Eiffert TE Notre Dame
2. Eric Reid S LSU
3. Robert Woods WR USC
4. Jonathan Franklin RB UCLA

That's all I got, will fill in the rest later.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group