Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What do you do?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jcm412

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KJtheWicked wrote:
If anyone caught Mike Tannenbaum's mock draft on NFL Network last night, he has both Demontre Moore and Bjoern Werner falling out of the top 10! I would be on the phone the second one of them was drafted, trying to move up for the other one.

Mayock said something similar in his pre draft press conference. I have seen/ read a few other scouts say it as well. They say both lack the explosiveness off the LOS to make them elite pass rushers.
jcm412

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Troofax"]Contrary to many posters opinion,our biggest need is not a position,it's a playmaker. If the biggest playmaker in this draft slips to 17? No-brainer. You don't take a freaking guard over a playmaker like CP. Millner has an argument. People like to over think these situations. Thankfully, I'm confident the PS realize the value a guy like CP would bring,and that goes beyond his big play abilities.[/quote

I agree we need a play maker. But, CP scares me. He is a boom bust guy. I also don't like the fact he only measured in at 6'1.

I would rather take an elite "sure thing" like Warmack than take a chance on a one year wonder. To much risk for me.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcm412 wrote:
I agree we need a play maker. But, CP scares me. He is a boom bust guy. I also don't like the fact he only measured in at 6'1.

I would rather take an elite "sure thing" like Warmack than take a chance on a one year wonder. To much risk for me.

I seriously dont see Warmack falling to us.

I know people will bring up DeCastro, but there are a few teams ahead of us with less interior line talent than we have, and this isnt a strong draft class.

I honestly would be shocked if he ended up going number 10 to the Titans, whose interior OLine is laughably bad.
jcm412

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
jcm412 wrote:

I know people will bring up DeCastro, but there are a few teams ahead of us with less interior line talent than we have, and this isnt a strong draft class.

I honestly would be shocked if he ended up going number 10 to the Titans, whose interior OLine is laughably bad.

I agree. I was speaking more hypothetically.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcm412 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
jcm412 wrote:

I agree. I was speaking more hypothetically.

I know...I wouldnt be upset if we got him....even though Im not thrilled with the idea of taking another 1st round interior lineman when we have so many other needs.
Troofax

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="jcm412"]
Troofax wrote:
Contrary to many posters opinion,our biggest need is not a position,it's a playmaker. If the biggest playmaker in this draft slips to 17? No-brainer. You don't take a freaking guard over a playmaker like CP. Millner has an argument. People like to over think these situations. Thankfully, I'm confident the PS realize the value a guy like CP would bring,and that goes beyond his big play abilities.[/quote

Was that today? 6'1? Ugh..Still like him but that couple inches can make a difference .I thought he was legit 6'3.
3. Robert Woods WR USC
4. Jonathan Franklin RB UCLA

That's all I got, will fill in the rest later.
jcm412

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Troofax"]
jcm412 wrote:
Troofax wrote:
Contrary to many posters opinion,our biggest need is not a position,it's a playmaker. If the biggest playmaker in this draft slips to 17? No-brainer. You don't take a freaking guard over a playmaker like CP. Millner has an argument. People like to over think these situations. Thankfully, I'm confident the PS realize the value a guy like CP would bring,and that goes beyond his big play abilities.[/quote

Was that today? 6'1? Ugh..Still like him but that couple inches can make a difference .I thought he was legit 6'3.

Yes 6-1.7 to be exact.
jebrick

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopkins is 7/8th of an inch shorter but has arms that are 1 1/2 inches longer.

The Combine is set for Patterson to light it up. If he does not then he will fall. Expectations are a bit too high for him.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
jebrick

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
jcm412 wrote:

I think he will be there. I think St. Louis might take him but all 3 OTs must be off the board by 16 for that to happen.

Otherwise I'll do a happy dance if they let Lane Johnson or Eric Fisher fall to the Steelers.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
MightyJoeYoung

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6'1 and a half is OK if you play like you are 6'3. Kinda odd he came out 6'1 and a half as he does look tall.

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the sig

"The King Stay the King"
Troofax

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyJoeYoung wrote:
6'1 and a half is OK if you play like you are 6'3. Kinda odd he came out 6'1 and a half as he does look tall.
I agree,good point. People that say he's boom/bust are just wrong. I don't usually make definitive statements like this without a superb confidence in knowing what I'm talking about. I hope teams like the Bills,Dolphins,and Rams agree with that boom/bust opinion though. If he is gone,would be fine with Vaccaro Ertz/Eifert,Patterson Eifert,Montgomery if he shows he can drop i coverage,Hopkins,Ansah,or possibly Hunter if he runs well and checks out medically. Wouldn't slit my wrist if Minter,Warmack were the pick,like I would if we took T'eo. Rather draft Jesse Ventura rather than Jesse Williams....or any DLINE NT for that matter.
3. Robert Woods WR USC

jcm412

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troofax wrote:
MightyJoeYoung wrote:
I agree,good point. People that say he's boom/bust are just wrong. I don't usually make definitive statements like this without a superb confidence in knowing what I'm talking about. I hope teams like the Bills,Dolphins,and Rams agree with that boom/bust opinion though. If he is gone,would be fine with Vaccaro Ertz/Eifert,Patterson Eifert,Montgomery if he shows he can drop i coverage,Hopkins,Ansah,or possibly Hunter if he runs well and checks out medically. Wouldn't slit my wrist if Minter,Warmack were the pick,like I would if we took T'eo. Rather draft Jesse Ventura rather than Jesse Williams....or any DLINE NT for that matter.

Please enlighten me, provide some evidence. I would love to know how a kid with one decent ,not spectacular, year of D1 experience is a sure thing.

Not saying the kid is going to bust, but there is a lot of risk there.
Troofax

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyJoeYoung wrote:
3. Robert Woods WR USC

jebrick

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyJoeYoung wrote:

He does not play tall. One game, Alabama, he went up and got a ball. The rest of the time he seems to not want to do it. Teams learned that he tips his breaks with his feet movement and were jumping his breaks a lot by the end of the year. He is a body catcher. He should be a natural hand catcher but he is not. He rounds off his routes a lot. He is explosive when he can run the ball. Most of the highlights you see are reverses and punt returns. Very Percy Harvin like

All of the negatives can be corrected. He is a lot of potential. If drafting someone like Ezekiel Ansah scares you then Patterson is not for you. Both are the same raw talent with high ceilings. They are very boom/bust. either he learns and becomes Randy Moss ( much shorter Randy Moss) or he does not and is an average WR drafted in the 1st round.

Troofax

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
MightyJoeYoung wrote:

He does not play tall. One game, Alabama, he went up and got a ball. The rest of the time he seems to not want to do it. Teams learned that he tips his breaks with his feet movement and were jumping his breaks a lot by the end of the year. He is a body catcher. He should be a natural hand catcher but he is not. He rounds off his routes a lot. He is explosive when he can run the ball. Most of the highlights you see are reverses and punt returns. Very Percy Harvin like

All of the negatives can be corrected. He is a lot of potential. If drafting someone like Ezekiel Ansah scares you then Patterson is not for you. Both are the same raw talent with high ceilings. They are very boom/bust. either he learns and becomes Randy Moss ( much shorter Randy Moss) or he does not and is an average WR drafted in the 1st round.

Rolling Eyes

Please...Care to share your own thoughts? Or you just going to go with that?

Some of this is partially true, but you can make similar lists of negatives with every single player. He's not a "body catcher" because you say he is, lol. He does both, like 90% of players do. It just sounds good, so posters use the phrase often to make themselves sound like they have a clue...Not that you don't, but this whole post is full of combine cliche', I just can't take it serious...besides, like I said, you can say these things about any receiver, as long as they do it once...or you read some "experts" bio on him, which I find laughable. I never read those positive/negatives, unless it's to compare with mine, after I have formed my own opinion.

His ONE "high point" highlight, is one more than Mr Wallace has ever had. There is more than one, btw, that's a joke. Did you watch his every play? No, you did not.

The fact you say "he doesn't want it" is beyond laughable as well. There's not many players that want it more than Cordelle.

Exaggerate more, I need some more laughs.
3. Robert Woods WR USC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: