Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What do you do?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mwalker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:32 am    Post subject: What do you do? Reply with quote

Our pick comes, and we find this scenario...

Milliner slips and is available. So is Warmack, Patterson and Teo.
Jesse Williams hasn't been picked nor has Vecarro.

Your pick?
SteelProven

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warmack without question BPA. If this was a perfect world i'd trade down because there would potentially still be a very good player available.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Milliner.

Can't have too many Corners.

The pressure on signing Lewis would not be too high then, though in a perfect world we still would AND keep Ike. That gives us 4 good corners next year. Year after, we cut Ike or don't resign him and we have possibly the best corner trio in the league IF Lewis and Cortez keep up the level of play and Cortez continues to improve.

But, in that situation, I would be happy with Milliner, Warmack, Patterson or Williams.

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the sig

"The King Stay the King"
MightyJoeYoung

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall, I am looking forward to this draft it appears we are going to be in a situation where there are many players that would help this team available at 17.

We could get the best, G, S, ILB, TE, WR, RB or NT. Pretty nice situation really.

Heck, we could trade down and still have a shot at some of the best of the positions. Or we would be in line for the second best of fairly equal talent.

"The King Stay the King"
wwhickok

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without hesitation I would select Warmack despite my gut telling me to go Vaccaro and despite the praise I've given him.

Alternatively I'd take Milliner. BUT I also agree with MightyJoeYoung.

If all of those guys were still on the board, I'd trade back and make my decision a little easier while picking up a couple extra picks.
jebrick

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to trade down 2-3 spots Very Happy

If I could not trade back... Given the depth at OG and WR in the draft I would go with Williams.

But the Steelers will stay true to their list. If Warmack is highest on the list then he will get drafted. If Peterson is highest then he will get drafted.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
at23steelers

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im sorry but the chance that Warmack OR Millner is available at our pick is unlikely but the chance of both of them, well there's a better chance 3Rivers won't make another Oline thread within the next year.
MightyJoeYoung

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is well within the realms of possibility that Warmack is available at our pick.

"The King Stay the King"
Troofax

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cordellee Patterson
/thread.
3. Robert Woods WR USC
4. Jonathan Franklin RB UCLA

That's all I got, will fill in the rest later.
Troofax

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contrary to many posters opinion,our biggest need is not a position,it's a playmaker. If the biggest playmaker in this draft slips to 17? No-brainer. You don't take a freaking guard over a playmaker like CP. Millner has an argument. People like to over think these situations. Thankfully, I'm confident the PS realize the value a guy like CP would bring,and that goes beyond his big play abilities.
3. Robert Woods WR USC
4. Jonathan Franklin RB UCLA

That's all I got, will fill in the rest later.
AlanFanecaFan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troofax wrote:
Contrary to many posters opinion,our biggest need is not a position,it's a playmaker. If the biggest playmaker in this draft slips to 17? No-brainer. You don't take a freaking guard over a playmaker like CP. Millner has an argument. People like to over think these situations. Thankfully, I'm confident the PS realize the value a guy like CP would bring,and that goes beyond his big play abilities.

I agree we need a playmaker the most but the Steelers typically go with "safer" 1st round picks.

For this scenario, if the Steelers lost Lewis, I'd go Millner...perfect fit IMO.

If not, I'd lean towards Patterson, next Warmack and still have no problems with any of the other listed players.

Vaccaro growing on me as well.

Gunny Highway wrote:
Ed Reed coughs real hard and his other testicle descends and he admits Hines Ward has far more grit than he does
wwhickok

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troofax wrote:

I honestly don't think too many people would disagree with that in regards to a Guard. When it comes to Jesse Williams, you'll get some disagrees.

You won't find me disagreeing with you actually, I do think we really lack that 'difference maker' type Playmaker. I agree with what you said there. But, I've said before, I'm satisfied with our season, not excited, not thrilled, just satisfied. We faced a lot of adversity and we did with it what we could, which didn't result in a losing season statistically. Going into the draft, I'm fully prepared to accept almost any pick they make. Hey..there could be a couple of dumb picks..but it's not often the Steelers commit such things in the 1st round.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlanFanecaFan wrote:

Vaccaro growing on me as well.

LOL! Don't get me started on this, I think we all know how I feel about Vaccaro. I may be one of the few that feel as strongly about him being our pick as I do. I think he'd be a great fit, could play SS, and if we added Baccari Rambo in the 3rd...ZOMG...just sayin'...now that you got me started Wink
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id be happy with Patterson, Warmack or Williams.
KJtheWicked

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone caught Mike Tannenbaum's mock draft on NFL Network last night, he has both Demontre Moore and Bjoern Werner falling out of the top 10! I would be on the phone the second one of them was drafted, trying to move up for the other one.

Go Noles!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: