Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

MAMMOTH pre-combine mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THE MAMMOTH

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: MAMMOTH pre-combine mock Reply with quote

Haven't visited the forum in awhile and wanted to try my luck at a mock before the Combine starts this weekend.

I'd like to preface this mock saying that I think our loss to Baltimore was very revealing: the offense had numerous opportunities to convert 3rd and short situations are we not able to. Arguably our best two running backs were injured (McGahee and Moreno), and we were not able to overpower the Ravens to gain a first down. In this manner, I believe that Elway is going to want a hard-nosed runner who can convert those crucial situations. However, both Moreno and McGahee carry significant cap numbers for the upcoming season and there has been talk that one of them might be cut. This might be a little controversial, but I believe that both Moreno and McGahee will be cut, as neither player performed particularly well during the season. From the crazy 70-yard bomb to Champ getting burnt against the Ravens, Elway will also see the need to add playmakers to the secondary on defense as well.

Furthermore, Elway’s defensive philosophy has always been the passing game. In this manner, I believe that the positions of MLB and DT are not as heavily emphasized as Manning and the offense are expected to put pressure on teams by scoring quickly and forcing the opposing offense to become one-dimensional. Also I would like to add that the role of the DT in JDR defense is simply to occupy blockers and that's what Bannan and Vickerson did last season. For this reason, I think that they will be re-signed. I do not think that pass-rushing DTs are going to be pursued highly in free agency or the draft, and Elway will be looking for cheap players or later-round players in the mold of Big Vick and Bannan.

I would also like to add that the offensive line, while lacking in depth, performed reasonably well this past season. With the return of J.D. Walton and Philip Blake as well as Manny Ramirez returning to his rightful role as backup guard, the depth of the line improves greatly. Therefore, the only position I see Elway really looking for is a backup tackle that can pass-protect very well in case the front office was serious about moving Franklin inside to guard. I don’t really see any reason for this, but a solid backup at tackle would be highly beneficial if either Clady or Franklin were injured.

Free Agency
Elway has stated that his goal is retain critical free agents, and I don't think he's going to break the bank on any of the current free agents outside the team.

Typical re-signees:
Ryan Clady - More than likely getting franchise-tagged. Hopefully a long-term deal can be reached.
Brandon Stokley - Performed admirably last season, and even if he does not play a crucial role next year, he will remain a valuable asset to the offense.
Justin Bannan - Held his own in run defense last season.
Kevin Vickerson - Some people will say that Vickerson will be overpaid, but the draft and free agent class are relatively deep and he can be had for cheap as he’s already 30 years old.
David Bruton - Key special teamer
Briton Colquitt - One of the better punters in the league.
Jason Hunter – Del Rio was highly impressed with Hunter this past summer, and since he’s only 29 I believe that he will be re-signed to compete with Malik Jackson and Robert Ayers for the backup DE positions.

Other free agents signees:
Alan Branch DT (Previously with Seattle) - Branch had a great year in 2011, but his play fell off last year and he can likely will come cheap. A typical JDR defensive tackle that simply eats double teams.

Mike Devito DE/DT (Previously with New York Jets) – Devito is a blue-collar defensive lineman that gives it all at any play he can get. Devito, Branch, Bannan, and Vickerson would form a solid veteran defensive tackle rotation solely focused on occupying space and stopping the run.

Austin Collie WR (Previously with Indianapolis) - While Collie is an injury risk, I believe that Peyton is going to pine for him as soon as the free agency period starts. He would be a valuable asset to this team due to his familiarity with PFM, and he can back up DT, Decker, and Stokley in the slot. Collie will likely be cheap as he tore his patellar tendon and has had numerous concussions during his young career.

Notable Cuts/Releases:
DJ Williams - DJ simply has too high a cap number for a team with depth at his best position (WLB). Dymelife... Rolling Eyes

Willis McGahee - While Willis had decent production last year, he fumbled too much for Foxy-coached team, which preaches keeping turnovers to a minimum. Willis will likely reach the proverbial cliff that all running backs reach at a certain age. His cap hit is manageable for a starting running back ($2.5 million), but how long can the offense trust him before he either fumbles or hits the wall. McGahee is one of my favorite players, but I think its time we moved on.

Knowshon Moreno - Moreno did decently at the end of the year, but one gets the sense that Elway and Fox never truly trusted him. Knowshon has a higher cap number than McGahee ($3.28 million – even though McGahee’s the better runner), and was not able to gain consistent yardage in the playoff loss to Baltimore.

Restructures:
Joe Mays – Mays was atrocious as a starter for the early part of last season, and was benched for the rest of the season. In a JDR defense, the MLB is praised for being a two-down run stopper. Therefore, I think that Mays will be asked to compete with Irving for the starting MLB job next summer. In this manner, Mays will be asked to come back, but at a reduced rate.

2013 NFL Draft

While some websites believe we have some of the best depth in the league, Fox stated at the Combine that we have numerous holes to improve upon. Therefore, I think that Elway will try to trade back in the draft and improve our depth at positions such as running back, wide receiver, and secondary playmakers.

Trade pick 28 to the San Diego Chargers for their 2nd (45th) and 3rd (77th) round picks. The Chargers desire to get one of the corners (Rhodes, Trufant, Banks) available at the end of the first round, as they do not believe that they will be there at the 45th pick overall.

2 (45th) - Eddie Lacy RB Alabama –Some might freak and say that no way are we going to draft a running back this early, but Elway sees the significance of adding a grinder at the running back position. Lacy offers the ability to close out games, and for a large running back has quick feet. Lacy consistently powers through arm tackles and rarely goes down on first contact. Furthermore, Lacy gives the offense the ability to score in short-yardage situations, something we really struggled with last season. Lacy also played special teams for the Crimson Tide. Lacy and Hillman would form a strong running back stable, and both backs would complement each other well. Lacy basically offers what we have in McGahee, but many years younger and he consistently holds onto the football.

2 (60th) - Markus Wheaton WR Oregon St. - Wheaton has been compared to Mike Wallace for his terrific straight-line speed. Some might question why would we want a burner in such a conservative offense; however, the nerves in Peyton's neck will be more healed and in doing so he will have more throwing power. Also, Brock was one of the better deep-ball throwers in his draft class and it’s not like DT or Decker are going to take the top off the secondary any time soon. Wheaton will offer this opportunity as a situational deep threat, adding yet another dimension to the offense.

3 (77th) - David Amerson CB/FS N.C. St. - Ball-hawk who's stock isn't as high because he got burned numerous times this past year. With the ability for the defense to get to the QB, I don't see this being a particularly bad thing. Amerson is a very aggressive corner that will jump routes many times during games. He had 13 interceptions in 2011 and five this past season, and Elway and Co. desire to get better in the turnover game. Amerson could come in on the outside when Harris moves inside to nickleback. Additonally, Amerson is very lengthy and has the ability to match up with tight-ends. He also does not have the top-end speed to stick to fast WRs, so he could compete as a backup to Rahim Moore at safety if he doesn’t succeed at corner.

3 (92th) - DJ Swearinger S South Carolina St. - This past season the defense was burnt numerous times by tight-ends, and even though Mike Adams played well, he was often the weak link in covering them. Swearinger offers the size and strength to match up with TEs and the tackling skills to bring them down as well. Swearinger played some corner last year due to injuries for the South Carolina State defense and flashed playmaking ability. Swearinger might not particularly test well at the combine, but he would be a lightning rod for the back end of the defense, something that was entirely lacking this past season. JDR utilized Jim Leonard in a three-safety set for much of last year. Swearinger can compete with Adams for the starting strong safety job or slip into Leonard’s former role as third safety.

4 - Reid Fragel OT Ohio St. - Converted from TE to OT this past year, and held his own in pass protection for the undefeated Buckeyes. I think Franklin performed reasonably well this past year; however, why not get a completely different player in Reid, who is a great pass-blocker and a decent run-blocker, to compete with the opposite in Franklin. Therefore, Fragel would improve the depth at offensive tackle, and by pushing Franklin inside to guard would improve the depth of the offensive line as well. As I previously mentioned, I do not see the need for this. But in the case that either Clady or Franklin go down, Fragel could step in to protect the team’s most valuable asset.

5 - Lonnie Pryor FB/RB Florida St. - We dabbled in the role of a FB in a Manning offense last year with Gronkowski. Pryor is an unselfish player who played fullback for the Seminoles this past season due to depth at running back. Pryor performed admirably as a run-blocker and as a short yardage back. He is another power runner with deceptive speed, not unlike Lacy. As alluded to at the start of this post, Pryor would add another dimension to this offense with the ability to convert short yardage situations or block for these situations with Lacy as running back.

6 - Traded to Philadelphia for Broderick Bunkley

7 - Michael Mauti MLB Penn St. – Mauti has torn his knee up on three separate occasions while he was in Happy Valley. He would have likely been at the very least a second-day pick had he not been injured during the later part of this season. Mauti is a solid fundamental tackler who also played special teams for the Nittany Lions, and Elway takes a chance in the seventh.

Roster:
QB – Manning, Osweiler
RB – Lacy, Hillman, Pryor, Hester
WR – Thomas, Decker, Stokley, Wheaton, Collie
TE – Dreesen, Tamme, Thomas, Green
OT – Clady, Franklin, Fragel
OG – Beadles, Kuper, Ramirez
OC – Walton, Blake

DE – Dumervil, Wolfe, Ayers, Jackson, Hunter
DT – Vickerson, Bannan, DeVito, Branch
SLB – Miller, Johnson
MLB – Irving, Mays, Mauti
WLB – Woodyard, Trevathan
CB – Bailey, Harris, Amerson, Bolden, T. Carter
S – Moore, Adams, Swearinger, Q. Carter, Bruton

K – Prater
P – Colquitt
LS – Brewer
KR/PR – Holliday

Well I know that not adding a game-changer at DT might not please people, but I was trying to emulate the plan Elway has set in place as well as the positions he highly values. So what do you guys think?
LW33

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree about the 3rd and twos, but disagree about the weapon needed. Denver will draft an OG at 28.
THE MAMMOTH

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LW33 wrote:
Agree about the 3rd and twos, but disagree about the weapon needed. Denver will draft an OG at 28.

I wouldn't disagree with an OG, but do you really think that either of Beadles or Kuper should be replaced?

I think that both of these players performed reasonably well when they were healthy.
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you analysis is spot on, with one large disagreement. Our OL must be addressed. Every single starter is rehabbing from an injury right now. I think this draft has four OG prospects (Warmack, Cooper, Fluker, Warmack) that can start from day 1. We need to get one of these guys. Chris Kuper is not reliable, and its clear that Elway wants to beef up the OL (Blake and Franklin, the 2 OL he has drafted, are giants).

If we do elect to neglect the interior OL, I can get on board with the draft.

I also think its debatable that Elway is down with the Fox/JDR mantra of the DT just taking up blockers. Lets remember that Wolfe was drafted as a penetrating DT.

Finally, I think that we have alot of faith in our S corps. Rahim Moore is a very talented, very young player who many a very big jump in play last year. Take out his epic fail and he was easily the most improved player on our team. And it wasnt close. I also think that Mike Adams gets hated on too much. He is above average. We cant have elite players at each position. Instead, I think that we target another CB. IMO we want tough, bump and run CB's and the FO doesnt think Carter is a adequate starter. IMO we look for another CB and bump Carter to our dime.

Great analysis though. Nice job.
THE MAMMOTH

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncosFan2010 wrote:
I think you analysis is spot on, with one large disagreement. Our OL must be addressed. Every single starter is rehabbing from an injury right now. I think this draft has four OG prospects (Warmack, Cooper, Fluker, Warmack) that can start from day 1. We need to get one of these guys. Chris Kuper is not reliable, and its clear that Elway wants to beef up the OL (Blake and Franklin, the 2 OL he has drafted, are giants).

If we do elect to neglect the interior OL, I can get on board with the draft.

I also think its debatable that Elway is down with the Fox/JDR mantra of the DT just taking up blockers. Lets remember that Wolfe was drafted as a penetrating DT.

Finally, I think that we have alot of faith in our S corps. Rahim Moore is a very talented, very young player who many a very big jump in play last year. Take out his epic fail and he was easily the most improved player on our team. And it wasnt close. I also think that Mike Adams gets hated on too much. He is above average. We cant have elite players at each position. Instead, I think that we target another CB. IMO we want tough, bump and run CB's and the FO doesnt think Carter is a adequate starter. IMO we look for another CB and bump Carter to our dime.

Great analysis though. Nice job.

I do think that there needs to be better depth of the offensive line. But at the expense of any of our current starters? I'm not entirely sold. Prior to this year, Kuper was reveled as one of our best linemen. I think it would be folly to give up on him after one injury-plagued season.

As for the bolded comment, Fox came out today and addressed Wolfe's role on the team:

John Fox wrote:
Derek, he probably played as much as any rookie in the league, I know on defense. Our defense is a little unique – without getting into too many technicalities – but he plays a spot that is very important against the run. It’s probably not as advantageous to rush the passer from the position he’s at.

via: http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Youth-Movement/d0de5c88-7526-4881-a4b9-83498a56f4f3

To me that sounds like Wolfe was drafted for that specific DE spot, and there was no intention to move him to DT full-time. Maybe I'm looking into it too much, but it sounds like Fox wants to keep him as the DE that basically ties up blockers for Von. In a way, his position is sort of like a 34 end at times. But who knows what Foxy really means!

Also, I think our safeties were very good last season, however, there's always room for improvement. I don't play fantasy football, but our defense was always picked against when people needed TEs. There was obviously a trend where our defense was getting owned in this regard.
broncos67

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few things:

First off, nice effort and nice write up. Very detailed.

I believe one of McGahee/Moreno will be cut (probably Moreno and McGahee restructures) but I truly cannot see both. That would be a lot of experience gone from the team, and quite frankly, for a team in SB mode, we can't cut McGahee right now, fumbles and all.

I somewhat disagree with your assessment on Elway's philosophy and it ties into the point you just made about TEs tearing us apart. We were picked on by tight ends, in large part because we had no capable MLB to cover them. This was also obvious against NE in the game Mays got worked by Stokley repeatedly. We need that LB that can cover a TE so when we go to nickel, that doesn't happen. Also, a good DT that can collapse the pocket greatly benefits the pass rush and hurts the opposing team in the passing game. I think Elway saw that first hand in the Ravens game when we were unable to generate pressure up the middle for the entire game.

Now, all that being said, I agree with you about the offensive line. Franklin and Beadles are fine, and will be ready for OTAs. Clady will also be fine, and truth be told wouldn't have spent much time in OTAs anyway. Walton will be back, Fox already pegged him as starter. Kuper is the only question mark at this point and truthfully I have no idea what they will do with him. I do, however, doubt we take a guard in Round 1 (even though I love Cooper and Warford), because there's no guarantee of their impact and if they'll even start. I think you're spot on with the depth discussion, namely Blake, Ramirez, and also Chris Clark who will be resigned cheap.

Now to the draft:

I think trading back is certainly possible, as we saw last year. I'm not sure we will because I'm willing to bet Elway got partially burned by doing it last year and will be hesitant. Plus, this draft is stacked at the bottom in terms of decent talent so we should get a better player at 28 than we would've last year, just my opinion.

I don't see Denver trading their pick to a divisional rival, for one, but I think the value of the pick is fairly good, although usually you want a higher 2nd than that.

Lacy is someone I think we may consider, but I think getting Le'Veon Bell, Mike Gillislee, Stepfan Taylor or whoever in a later round gets you an identical player to Lacy early.

Love Markus Wheaton. Adds a ton of speed. I'm in the minority these days, but I'm warming up to Amerson. However, I don't think he fits in as a corner in the NFL. He's a safety to me. I do think you're on to something with the tight end coverage portion of his writeup. Love DJ Swearinger, he's going to be one of the better safeties in this draft. Hard hitter, exactly the kind of presence you want at SS. Don't know much about the next two guys. I like Mike Mauti a lot. Shame about his injury.

Overall, and considering FA signings which I like, this is a pretty solid offseason. Good work.

Thanks, Tzimisce
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a bad mock but an excellent effort.

As most have said already, I agree that DT, MLB, WR and OL, are the biggest needs. However, you didnt address MLB or DT at all.

Bringing back Mays does nothing for this team at that position anymore. Im okay with letting Irving get a chance to compete for the spot, Im against competing with Mays. Its a lose lose. Also, Mauti is not any better than the depth player that Steve Johnson is. Johnson is not a SLB, hes a MLB only.

Our DT situation is atrocious in this mock. Devito and Branch are depth guys, as is Bannan at this stage in his career. We need to bring in a guy that can legitimately be considered a starter in this league. If moving Wolfe to DT is the decision, Im fine with that, then address DE. Ayers and Hunter cannot be considered starters right now.

IMO this free agent class is perfect for acquiring a starter or two in our key positions, and the draft is essential for getting quality depth. The FA class is top heavy and only getting stronger. This is also a very deep draft, which is crucial for positions like DT, OL, DE, WR, S and RB. We can do better than what you have.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To answer your question, Kuper is likely damaged goods in my opinion. Two ankle surgeries coming off that gruesome injury...yuck. I think you take a guard in the first knowing that you hope Kuper is ok, but if not, you're fine there. To me, a road grading guard is the biggest need on offense, with defensive tackle and defensive end being the biggest needs on defense.
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed reading this one quite a bit. Here are my thoughts.

Free Agents: Love getting Alan Branch, he is a player that I have liked for a very long time. Vickerson, Branch, Devito and Bannan are a pretty solid rotation.
I like Austin Collie a lot. The guy has incredible hands. You will never have those "Decker Moments" where you facepalm on a potential TD pass; Collie will catch it. He will also get a veteran minimum contract wherever he goes. The guy is 1 hit away from his brain becoming complete mush.

Other pre-draft moves: I think your re-signee list is spot on however I don't think we will cut McGahee. McGahee is not only our best current option at RB but he is a team leader type of player. I also think that Joe Mays is a goner. Elways interview today he said that Irving and Johnson will compete for the MLB spot. He didn't mention Mays in that at all.

Draft: I like trading back but it 17 picks is a little too far to trade down IMO. When you are not picking until #45 you are saying that we don't have any immediate needs. Which this team does. I do like most of your picks though. Lacy and Wheaton could compete immediately. I don't know much of the other players but I would prefer depth at OG, C as opposed to OT. It appears that fans are the only people who still see Franklin as a option at OG, the front office has him at RT and it has remained that way since day 1 (it isn't changing).

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well thought-out and certainly an outside the box mock. I seem to agree with you and 67 that our OL situation is not nearly as dire as some seem to think. I wouldn't be surprised to see us spend a pick on an interior lineman, especially since it looks like we missed on Blake last year, but I don't think it's the over-arching need that some do.

Secondly, I agree with again with 67 don't see us cutting both McGahee and Moreno. We likely get rid of one of them, I'm almost certain we will get rid of one, and I'd wager on it being Moreno.

I don't think we're going to trade back and we certainly won't do it with a division rival. Elway got screwed by trading back last year, we got bad value and I still think Wolfe was an emergency "oh no ____ just got picked, now what do we do?" kind of selection.

I've said this several times, we're not a team that is seriously lacking in depth and thus I don't think we need to stockpile picks. We have some needs sure, and there are spots on the roster we need to get better, but I think the approach, especially early, will be to get a starter and a major contributor with our first two picks, not stack depth.

I also think CB is the position where we need an immediate starter. Harris won't be starting at the RCB position and Carter is nothing more than a #4 CB. I think getting a #2 CB to start outside opposite Champ is the top priority this offseason. A penetrating DT is the second biggest need.

I disagree with your assessment of Bannan and Vickerson and how we use our DTs. Bannan never, okay, very, very rarely, commanded double teams. Even with what Fox and JDR have done in the past, they both now recognize the importance of generating pressure up the middle. Something that none of our current DTs can do and something that the free agent DT you have us signing cannot do either.

LW33 wrote:
Denver will draft an OG at 28.

Right. Even if Cooper and Warmack are gone (which they will be) we will reach for a 2nd/3rd round graded prospect at #28. Yep, that's exactly Elway operates. Rolling Eyes

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
broncos67

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
Well thought-out and certainly an outside the box mock. I seem to agree with you and 67 that our OL situation is not nearly as dire as some seem to think. I wouldn't be surprised to see us spend a pick on an interior lineman, especially since it looks like we missed on Blake last year, but I don't think it's the over-arching need that some do.

Secondly, I agree with again with 67 don't see us cutting both McGahee and Moreno. We likely get rid of one of them, I'm almost certain we will get rid of one, and I'd wager on it being Moreno.

I don't think we're going to trade back and we certainly won't do it with a division rival. Elway got screwed by trading back last year, we got bad value and I still think Wolfe was an emergency "oh no ____ just got picked, now what do we do?" kind of selection.

I've said this several times, we're not a team that is seriously lacking in depth and thus I don't think we need to stockpile picks. We have some needs sure, and there are spots on the roster we need to get better, but I think the approach, especially early, will be to get a starter and a major contributor with our first two picks, not stack depth.

I also think CB is the position where we need an immediate starter. Harris won't be starting at the RCB position and Carter is nothing more than a #4 CB. I think getting a #2 CB to start outside opposite Champ is the top priority this offseason. A penetrating DT is the second biggest need.

I disagree with your assessment of Bannan and Vickerson and how we use our DTs. Bannan never, okay, very, very rarely, commanded double teams. Even with what Fox and JDR have done in the past, they both now recognize the importance of generating pressure up the middle. Something that none of our current DTs can do and something that the free agent DT you have us signing cannot do either.

LW33 wrote:
Denver will draft an OG at 28.

Right. Even if Cooper and Warmack are gone (which they will be) we will reach for a 2nd/3rd round graded prospect at #28. Yep, that's exactly Elway operates. Rolling Eyes

FWIW, Larry Warford will end up being a late first/early second rounder. Warford, IMO is the second best guard in this class and will show out these next few days.

That being said, CB or DT will be our first round pick, and I'm about 80% sure of it. I tend to agree with what Cecil Lammey said the other day: said he heard that Denver will go WR in draft but likely not until second round. That makes sense to me.

Thanks, Tzimisce
LW33

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry Warford is not a second or third round player. Watch the Senior Bowl...he abused people. He was a playground bully against those DL. Just played on a bad college football team. We'd be lucky to have him.
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Larry Warford is not a second or third round player. Watch the Senior Bowl...he abused people. He was a playground bully against those DL. Just played on a bad college football team. We'd be lucky to have him.

Agreed. He is going to be an above average OG the second he steps on the field and will be a Pro Bowl player within 2 seasons. I would much rather trade down to the low 30's and take Warford than a guy like Sly Williams or Kawann Short at 28. I dont see elite potential in any DT that will be available when we pick. I think Warford will be an immediate upgrade over Chris Kuper and has the chance to be a Brian Waters esque player.
elliot878

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:

One helluva crapping your pants on the podium pick though.

AnAngryAmerican wrote:

I get that Harris is very good in the slot... but he was also VERY good outside, probably just as good. I don't see #2 CB as the need some make it out to be. And no rookie we get at 28 is starting over Harris.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trying to guess our draft this year seems like an almost impossible task.

I'd not be surprised to see our 1st rd pick be OG, OT, DT, DE, S, CB, MLB. Long list. Very Happy My reasoning is we could use an upgrade at any of those and the right guy could contribute right away.

I'd guess our draft board this year will be less about position and more about potential. If a guy we feel should have been in the top 15 and is the highest rated player on our board at 28, we'll take him. I can't see see many instances where we wouldn't.

Just my opinion.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: