Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cotch!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Cotch! Reply with quote

Have to bring this up. So Jerricho is likely to be released according to reports. I don't know about you guys, but I would LOVE to bring him back. Would fit great into a WCO as well. Only issue is that Braylon would be the odd man out (assuming we can't get rid of Holmes). Also, he could take playing time away from potentially younger receivers such as a draft pick or Hill. Thoughts?
Raoul Duke

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I don't think they should have ever gotten rid of him, I don't think it makes sense to take playing time away from Hill and Kerly at this point.

Never should have let him go in the first place though.

- Cliff Burton
rickyt31

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naw, we should have kept him happy the first time. Out of the two, I would rather have Braylon and hold him until Hill show up. Kerley deserves to be on the field, and Hill need some PT to develop.

Quote:
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raoul Duke wrote:
While I don't think they should have ever gotten rid of him, I don't think it makes sense to take playing time away from Hill and Kerly at this point.

Stephan Hill should literally be entitled to NOTHING. He couldn't have been any less impressive in his rookie season. Its not even that he can't catch, he actually doesn't know how to catch. Not to mention the fact that hes a WCO misfit, I honestly have no faith in this guy as an offensive weapon. Id take a 3rd round pick to get rid of this guy. I am by no means saying he is a bust, because he might actually be quite good, but its going to take time and he doesn't fit this offense. Id take an over the hill Cotchery in a WCO over a young Hill in a WCO any day.

Kerley, on the other hand, you have an argument

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
Raoul Duke wrote:

Stephan Hill should literally be entitled to NOTHING. He couldn't have been any less impressive in his rookie season. Its not even that he can't catch, he actually doesn't know how to catch. Not to mention the fact that hes a WCO misfit, I honestly have no faith in this guy as an offensive weapon. Id take a 3rd round pick to get rid of this guy. I am by no means saying he is a bust, because he might actually be quite good, but its going to take time and he doesn't fit this offense. Id take an over the hill Cotchery in a WCO over a young Hill in a WCO any day.

all of this. 100% agree. Hill is a 4th or 5th receiver right now at most.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
Raoul Duke wrote:

They won't give up on him this early. Hill has a huge upside and we aren't going anywhere next year so let's see if he put the work in the offseason and can shake the drops.

He'll get another 2 years at least. If he doesn't show any improvement then we need to move on.

Props to Mack on the sig
kilahchris

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremey Kerley is younger and better. no need for Cotchery. We will have Santonio Holmes, Braylon Edwards, Stephen Hill and Jeremy Kerley. All recievers more than capabable.

If we can only fix sanchez we would be set
famousj

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cotchery will be no more than a 4th WR used as a slot receiver behind Kerley on this team. It is better to continue to develop Kerley and Hill and hope Holmes has his head on straight. I can't see the Jets improving their WR corp without improving their QB first.

Props to Sandwich for Sig

Idzik: SPEND BABY SPEND!!!!
Raoul Duke

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:

Yikes. A bit early to dismiss the guy, isn't it? Nobody thought the guy was a polished receiver by any means, considering he played WR in a triple option.

This idea that he can't succeed in the WCO is misguided. Obviously a long strider isn't ideal but the other thing you need from a receiver in the WCO is the ability to gain yards after the catch. Likewise, ideally you have someone that can get body position in short yardage situations, like quick slants and crosses.

Also, the WCO creates seams where someone with Hill's speed can be deadly. If he can limit his drops and take a step in progression, why can't he succeed in this offense?

- Cliff Burton

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: