Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mitchell Schwartz top rookie lineman?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
One of the worst moves this team could make is taking Chance Warmack.

That's what I think too. But I also think that's what they're going to do.

Entropy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fullback40 wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
Fullback40 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
watching bama's OL in the bowl game pushed Warmack much higher up my list...

He is the #1 offensive player on my big board for the browns

Anybody who doesn't have Warmack as the #1 prospect regardless of positional value is mistaken.

Warmack is far and away the best player in the draft...the safest player in the draft, and somebody who can pancake NFL talent at 22 years old. He is going to dominate the LOS. I hope he does that with the Browns.

I want Warmack and Lotulelei #1 and #2. They are the two truly elite players in this draft at major positions of need. Either one instantly gives us the best OL in the NFL or the best DL in the NFL.

already have one of the best OL in the NFL

guards don't win games. impact players do. we have no proven impact players yet. we have some that are on their way (TRich, J Gordon) and some that could potentially get there- (Little, Benjamin, Cameron)

but this is why we are losing games. Not because of John Greco and Jason Pinkston and Shawn Lauvao.

Not to mention, we really need an OLB and there seems to be a plethora of them that can beast it up in the NFL. why not get one of them? why not get a CB? We need one of those. hell, why not get a sick DE if Star is there? JJ Watt showed the world 34 DEs can beast.

One of the worst moves this team could make is taking Chance Warmack.

So you think that it would be a bad move to get the best OL...the best player in the draft...at a position of need...and let Trent Richardson tee off on folks?

A great OL allows people to make plays. We have a great pass blocking OL. We have a pretty bad run blocking OL. Trent Richardson becomes a top 10 NFL playmaker running behind a monster OL. There are your playmakers.

Weeden has 3 1/2 hours to throw to Josh Gordon, who has 3 1/2 hours to get open. Two new playmakers.

Sure, but we don't need Warmack to accomplish that goal, do we?

And even with Warmack, we still have needs at OLB, DE, FS, CB, and TE and one less high first round draft pick to work with.
TRAIL'S END#307

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me get this right IF Milliner is gone & Star is gone & some one is willing to give a 2nd & we take Warmack (one of the safest picks) that is the worst move we could do? Warmack at 6 yes I agree w/you because we have greater needs but to pick up a 2nd ( Milliner is gone & Star is gone) is not that bad! OL & DL is were it all starts! When you impose your will on someone is what makes football great! IMO of course. Go Browns!
H2ThaIzzo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MVP of Super Bowl XLVIII?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRAIL'S END#307 wrote:
Let me get this right IF Milliner is gone & Star is gone & some one is willing to give a 2nd & we take Warmack (one of the safest picks) that is the worst move we could do? Warmack at 6 yes I agree w/you because we have greater needs but to pick up a 2nd ( Milliner is gone & Star is gone) is not that bad! OL & DL is were it all starts! When you impose your will on someone is what makes football great! IMO of course. Go Browns!

Yes it is. I can't recall the last time where a team didn't draft a guard early simply because they were a guard, then thought years later "why the heck didn't we draft him when we had the chance?"

I'll put it this way. There would have to be a LOT of if's happening in order for Warmack to be the guy I'd take, and it would mean that we would have to move down a lot in the draft, and if he was available where we moved down to, then there would probably be some team behind us willing to give us more picks just to move up and take him.
TRAIL'S END#307

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't care if Mickey Mouse is the MVP if the Browns win a Super Bowl! Does it really matters! GO BROWNS!
Productiondawg

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one here that thinks Pinkston will play better when he doesn't have a blood clot in his lung?

Wormack is great sure, but I just can't see a guard being picked in the top ten. We need a pass rusher and a CB so bad. I'd easily take Milliner, Jordan, Star, Moore, Mingo, Ziggy, and even Werner over him.

In a draft where most of the top players are pass rushers, and with us needing one so bad, how could we pass one up when we'll have our choice of at least one of those guys?

Season tickets, section 315, since 06
See you in the Muni with the Tailgate DJs
cattleman78

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mitchell Schwartz is a good player. I think he got better and better. Just a great pick.

I'd love to have a Warmack or Levitre at guard. However paying a guard in free agency a big salary is a mistake when we have bigger problems and drafting one at pick 6 is a mistake also.

Give me a guard like Brian Winters and a o.t. like Reid Fragel in the draft and I am a happy Brown's fan. Our depth on our off. line is our problem. Winters could possibly start at left guard year one.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cattleman78 wrote:
Mitchell Schwartz is a good player. I think he got better and better. Just a great pick.

I'd love to have a Warmack or Levitre at guard. However paying a guard in free agency a big salary is a mistake when we have bigger problems and drafting one at pick 6 is a mistake also.

Give me a guard like Brian Winters and a o.t. like Reid Fragel in the draft and I am a happy Brown's fan. Our depth on our off. line is our problem. Winters could possibly start at left guard year one.

Couldn't agree more

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
StewieRules

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I thought Greco did a good job, best of the 3, which surprised me. Pinkston was obviously effected by his ailment, tough to tell how long all that was affecting him before they figured out something was wrong? Lauvao flashed normalcy a time or two but the dude's a backup, there's no sugar-coating that.
I think we could sign Vasquez without breaking the bank for the position, and let the other 3 slug it out for the other slot. Our line would be set, and depth at guard would be good. Tackle depth ...well .......
FLAbrownfan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we sign a FA guard, I would love to draft warmack though- and at 6, I don't think we will be able to trade back, every team wants a trade back, I can see the lions being the one team that people will move up to- if star is available then we have a debate, but outside of star warmack is the BPA and that's what I would take.

For everyone saying "we have more pressing needs" every team has needs- we do have FA and I do believe we get at least three of - QB, WR, OLB, DB and a 3-4 DL, through FA that can be starters - ( WR, OLB, CB is what I would grab) but at the end of the day we will not fill every spot with a elite player, and with so many question marks with the players at the top of the draft I would like us to stick to the board - and I think warmack will be at the top when we pick.

R.I.P Crackburn, always in our hearts
adopt a Brown: Davone Bess - The best- one catch, one first down--- never mind person foul takes away! arrghhh Reg on the SIG
buno67

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StewieRules wrote:
Actually I thought Greco did a good job, best of the 3, which surprised me. Pinkston was obviously effected by his ailment, tough to tell how long all that was affecting him before they figured out something was wrong?

it could of been a couple months of it affecting him before they caught it

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Mitchell Schwartz, love him. I didn't like the pick at the time, I'll admit, because there were bigger name RTs on the board. Thank god fans don't have ANY input on the draft lol.

As for Warmack, Levitre, etc.. I don't want any of them, unless a G comes for a decent price in FA. I actually think Greco and Pinkston would be a decent guard duo, and that's all we need considering the other pieces that are already in place.

We need to add playmakers, plain and simple.

John Frusciante FTW
Red Hot Chili Peppers FTW
big poppa pump

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with what everyone is saying about Schwartz. I was definitely worried about the pick when we made it. He looked awful the first few games too. He seems to have made great strides and I can see him getting even better.

I have said on multiple occasions over the years that games are won in the trenches. If the staff feels that Warmack is the best player for this team when we pick, I am ok with that.

I would personally rather see a Demontre Moore fall to us. However, picking a stud O-lineman is never a bad idea in my opinion.

BIG UPS TO REG....DA MAN
buno67

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big poppa pump wrote:
Agree with what everyone is saying about Schwartz. I was definitely worried about the pick when we made it. He looked awful the first few games too. He seems to have made great strides and I can see him getting even better.

I have said on multiple occasions over the years that games are won in the trenches. If the staff feels that Warmack is the best player for this team when we pick, I am ok with that.

I would personally rather see a Demontre Moore fall to us. However, picking a stud O-lineman is never a bad idea in my opinion.

specially when the rookie wage scale now i dont care if we pick him at 6. I want BPA, if Womack is BPA then you take him.

could you imagine how much better Joe Thomas could be with a legit LG next to him. We remember how good he was when Steinbach was his guard. It would his job a lot easier being able to trust his LG even more

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: