Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mitchell Schwartz top rookie lineman?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BocaRatonBrown1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Mitchell Schwartz top rookie lineman? Reply with quote

PFF

Tackles: Matt Kalil, MIN (LT) (+15.9) and Mitchell Schwartz, CLV (RT) (+16.1)

It’s uncanny how similar the numbers look for Kalil and Schwartz. Both made the team on the strength of top-notch pass blocking, as Kalil graded at +15.6 and Schwartz at +15.1, while both have room to improve as run blockers (Kalil -2.4, Schwartz -2.9). They finished among the Top 22 tackles in the league, making for an easy selection as the bookend tackles on the All-Rookie Team.

This actually made my day!!!
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Mitchell Schwartz top rookie lineman? Reply with quote

BocaRatonBrown1 wrote:
PFF

It’s uncanny how similar the numbers look for Kalil and Schwartz. Both made the team on the strength of top-notch pass blocking, as Kalil graded at +15.6 and Schwartz at +15.1, while both have room to improve as run blockers (Kalil -2.4, Schwartz -2.9). They finished among the Top 22 tackles in the league, making for an easy selection as the bookend tackles on the All-Rookie Team.

Dude is a monster.

Great Heckert pick.

Good thing he was run out of town. Wonder who Lombardi would have picked in the 2nd last year....

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Fullback40

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the time, I was not happy with the pick. I knew he would be solid, but didn't think he was special. I was wrong. Dude is a rock at the RT position.

Our OL would look soooo much better if we didn't have two turd piles at the guard spots. We have:

Beast---Turd---Beast---Turd---Beast

That sucks.

That's why I want Warmack in the 1st round. Sue me, but an OL with three monsters in a row with a monster in the backfield seems like a good idea.

We don't have a strength side of the OL because of the crap at guard.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fullback40 wrote:
At the time, I was not happy with the pick. I knew he would be solid, but didn't think he was special. I was wrong. Dude is a rock at the RT position.

Our OL would look soooo much better if we didn't have two turd piles at the guard spots. We have:

That sucks.

That's why I want Warmack in the 1st round. Sue me, but an OL with three monsters in a row with a monster in the backfield seems like a good idea.

The fact that we have 3 guys that could be considered at worst borderline elite means we have it better than most teams.

We don't need an elite guard. We need average guards.

I think we can find that in FA, and pretty cheap for that matter.

Warmack is a beast, but we have much bigger needs right now.

Not to mention I don't think Pinkston was that bad prior to injury.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
Fullback40 wrote:

That sucks.

The fact that we have 3 guys that could be considered at worst borderline elite means we have it better than most teams.

Yea I can see where a blood clot in his lung may have affected his play lol
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

watching bama's OL in the bowl game pushed Warmack much higher up my list...

He is the #1 offensive player on my big board for the browns

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:

Anybody who doesn't have Warmack as the #1 prospect regardless of positional value is mistaken.

Warmack is far and away the best player in the draft...the safest player in the draft, and somebody who can pancake NFL talent at 22 years old. He is going to dominate the LOS. I hope he does that with the Browns.

I want Warmack and Lotulelei #1 and #2. They are the two truly elite players in this draft at major positions of need. Either one instantly gives us the best OL in the NFL or the best DL in the NFL.
TRAIL'S END#307

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree w/you 1000%. { Fullback40 } However, it would be hard to pass on Milliner IF he falls in our lap. IMO CB is more of a need right now than OG. You hit it on the head who I want! In this order (1st round)
1. Milliner - if he's gone then…
2. Star if he's gone then…
3. Trade down & get a 2nd that we don't have & take Warmack!
Can you image if we got Andy Levitre in FA too!
LT - Thomas
LG - Warmack
C - Mack
RG - Levitre
RT - Schwartz
We should be able to run or throw! Huge dream I know. Go Browns!
buno67

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Mitchell Schwartz top rookie lineman? Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
BocaRatonBrown1 wrote:
PFF

Dude is a monster.

Great Heckert pick.

Good thing he was run out of town. Wonder who Lombardi would have picked in the 2nd last year....

ugh its been a month already.... Laughing Laughing Laughing jk

Well Herkert made the pick but who helped decided who to pick...it came to scouting. I think some ppl give the GM to much respect for players they selected. Who helped the GMs find the talent to pick from? the scouts. I feel like our scouts found schwarts to be better than the rest

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
Fullback40 wrote:

That sucks.

I agree nug. I don't think that Pinkston, Lauvao, and Greco are all horrible, but it does appear they need to either improve their play or be upgraded.

I guess it's possible Richardson's injuries (knee and then later the ribs) played a role as well. After all, Hardesty did rush 65 times with a 4.2 yard per carry average behind the same line.

But, I think I can say one thing for certain, and that is that you're right, we simply don't need to spend a high 1st round draft pick on a guard.

I think OG would probably be the sixth (or worse) most important thing we need behind (no particular order) CB, FS, OLB, DE, and TE. There are actual holes at those positions.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do people want to sign his brother?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRAIL'S END#307 wrote:
I agree w/you 1000%. { Fullback40 } However, it would be hard to pass on Milliner IF he falls in our lap. IMO CB is more of a need right now than OG. You hit it on the head who I want! In this order (1st round)
1. Milliner - if he's gone then…
2. Star if he's gone then…
3. Trade down & get a 2nd that we don't have & take Warmack!
Can you image if we got Andy Levitre in FA too!
LT - Thomas
LG - Warmack
C - Mack
RG - Levitre
RT - Schwartz
We should be able to run or throw! Huge dream I know. Go Browns!

That would be incredible if we could pull off option #3. We could still land a quality pass rusher or CB in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Plus, we would have the best offensive line in the NFL, and our oldest starter would be Joe Thomas at 28 years old. I could probably run for 1,000 yards behind that O-line.

- Props to 64 CHAMPS for the awesome sig -
toneloke23

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind if we drafted a star O-lineman for the 6th pick of the draft, and let TRich run hog wild....
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fullback40 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:

Anybody who doesn't have Warmack as the #1 prospect regardless of positional value is mistaken.

Warmack is far and away the best player in the draft...the safest player in the draft, and somebody who can pancake NFL talent at 22 years old. He is going to dominate the LOS. I hope he does that with the Browns.

I want Warmack and Lotulelei #1 and #2. They are the two truly elite players in this draft at major positions of need. Either one instantly gives us the best OL in the NFL or the best DL in the NFL.

already have one of the best OL in the NFL

guards don't win games. impact players do. we have no proven impact players yet. we have some that are on their way (TRich, J Gordon) and some that could potentially get there- (Little, Benjamin, Cameron)

but this is why we are losing games. Not because of John Greco and Jason Pinkston and Shawn Lauvao.

Not to mention, we really need an OLB and there seems to be a plethora of them that can beast it up in the NFL. why not get one of them? why not get a CB? We need one of those. hell, why not get a sick DE if Star is there? JJ Watt showed the world 34 DEs can beast.

One of the worst moves this team could make is taking Chance Warmack.
Fullback40

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
Fullback40 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:

already have one of the best OL in the NFL

guards don't win games. impact players do. we have no proven impact players yet. we have some that are on their way (TRich, J Gordon) and some that could potentially get there- (Little, Benjamin, Cameron)

but this is why we are losing games. Not because of John Greco and Jason Pinkston and Shawn Lauvao.

Not to mention, we really need an OLB and there seems to be a plethora of them that can beast it up in the NFL. why not get one of them? why not get a CB? We need one of those. hell, why not get a sick DE if Star is there? JJ Watt showed the world 34 DEs can beast.

One of the worst moves this team could make is taking Chance Warmack.

So you think that it would be a bad move to get the best OL...the best player in the draft...at a position of need...and let Trent Richardson tee off on folks?

A great OL allows people to make plays. We have a great pass blocking OL. We have a pretty bad run blocking OL. Trent Richardson becomes a top 10 NFL playmaker running behind a monster OL. There are your playmakers.

Weeden has 3 1/2 hours to throw to Josh Gordon, who has 3 1/2 hours to get open. Two new playmakers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: