Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Combine Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raoul Duke wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:
Mingo's 10 yard split is ridiculous. Maybe his production wasn't that great last year, but his athleticism can't be coached.

I thought he might test well, but this was beyond what I saw coming. His first step is elite. You try to coach the rest.

Ansah and Hunt have also jumped way up for me. They have rare athleticism as well. This is a ridiculously deep draft class on the DL.

I've said it multiple times, Mingo has the quickest first step of any pass rusher in this draft. I keep coming back to that everytime.

Who cares. He is small.
moham-17

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raoul Duke wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:
Mingo's 10 yard split is ridiculous. Maybe his production wasn't that great last year, but his athleticism can't be coached.

I thought he might test well, but this was beyond what I saw coming. His first step is elite. You try to coach the rest.

Ansah and Hunt have also jumped way up for me. They have rare athleticism as well. This is a ridiculously deep draft class on the DL.

I've said it multiple times, Mingo has the quickest first step of any pass rusher in this draft. I keep coming back to that everytime.

And somehow it still manages to blow my mind every single one of those said times.

Wink

Last edited by moham-17 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raoul Duke

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietjetsket wrote:
Raoul Duke wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:

Who cares. He is small.

And Russell Wilson was too small to be a successful NFL QB. Who cares what he weighs right now.

- Cliff Burton
skrILL

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raoul Duke wrote:
quietjetsket wrote:
Raoul Duke wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:

Who cares. He is small.

And Russell Wilson was too small to be a successful NFL QB. Who cares what he weighs right now.

Russell Wilson's job is not to physically dominate a 300+ pound offensive lineman either.

N E W Y O R K J E T S
green24

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:
Raoul Duke wrote:
quietjetsket wrote:
Raoul Duke wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:

Who cares. He is small.

Russell Wilson's job is not to physically dominate a 300+ pound offensive lineman either.

He's not that small. He's bigger than guys like Von Miller and Elvis Dumervil.
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mingo is better than Jordan but both are small. boo.
superbowlbound

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:
Raoul Duke wrote:
quietjetsket wrote:
Raoul Duke wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:

Who cares. He is small.

Yes, but Mingo is just as Light as Jordan is.... Jordan may be taller but there's no proof that adding on 20 lbs to jordan will effect him less than adding weight onto mingo

If the jets draft mingo, it wont be to be an every down OLB next season... he'll really only rush the passer

if the jets draft jordan, he'll play more downs cause he can cover

however, i dont think either will effectively set the edge in run support eithee....

ezekiel ansah would probably be the best bet to be the best "all-around" OLB prospect but also the most unpoloshed

Ansah is bigger and stronger and has shown he can stop the run and rush the passer and probably play a little coverage.... he'll just take more time than Mingo/Jordan prob
green24

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do love the looks that Ansah could give our defense.

Wilkerson | Ellis | Coples
Ansah | Harris | Davis | FA

Ansah | Wilkerson | Ellis | Coples
Davis | Harris | FA

I think Shaun Phillips would be a very good option for that FA spot.
Raoul Duke

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:

Mingo: 6'4", 241

Von Miller: 6'3" 246
Clay Mathews: 6'3" 250
Robert Mathis: 6'2"245
Shaun Phillips: 6'3" 250
Daryl Washington: 6'2" 230

If Mingo adds 9lbs, he'll be right where he needs to be.

How is his weight an issue at all?

- Cliff Burton
JMG

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green, you are way too easy.

You can get talked into anything. Crying or Very sad

I cannot believe you are on board for Ansah.

AHHHHHH, welp, looks like all my buddies around here are gone but Spiel.

[]_[] Family
green24

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JMG wrote:

Meh. I'm so moody on him. He's a FREAK and I have always loved him. However, the only reservation that I have had is how he fits in a 3-4. If we ran a 4-3 or didn't have Quinton Coples, I would have been pushing for him this entire time. If I can be convinced that he can play 3-4 OLB, then I am all for him.
green24

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raoul Duke wrote:
skrILL wrote:

Mingo: 6'4", 241

Von Miller: 6'3" 246
Clay Mathews: 6'3" 250
Robert Mathis: 6'2"245
Shaun Phillips: 6'3" 250
Daryl Washington: 6'2" 230

If Mingo adds 9lbs, he'll be right where he needs to be.

How is his weight an issue at all?

Washington is an ILB, but I agree with what you said. Mingo's size doesn't really scare me.
jetskid007

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Mingo will transition well as a LB, especially if he were in the Jets defense. It's definitely his true position, and I think he'd be extremely successful in a Jets defense with Wilkerson and Coples being the primary focus of opposing defenses.

As for Ansah, I don't think anyone can convince me he can't be an "OLB" at this point. He was used as a 'backer in college, looks very smooth in drills, and kind of reminds me of Aldon Smith. I know he's 271 lbs, but he's a lean 271 (he dropped 3 lbs since the Senior Bowl). His body is almost fully developed, and like Aldon Smith I can see him actually losing a few pounds with further conditioning. He won't be the next Aldon Smith, but he could a similarly productive player. If he were a Jet, he'd have his hand in the dirt over 50% of the time, but the fact that he'd be capable as a linebacker would keep the Jets interested. Ultimately, I don't think he will be available 9th overall.
superbowlbound

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
JMG wrote:

Meh. I'm so moody on him. He's a FREAK and I have always loved him. However, the only reservation that I have had is how he fits in a 3-4. If we ran a 4-3 or didn't have Quinton Coples, I would have been pushing for him this entire time. If I can be convinced that he can play 3-4 OLB, then I am all for him.

I've been hearing rumors that the jets are seriously contemplating switching back to te 4-3 and moving Coples to LE and Mo Wilk to UT.

The only problem with switching to more 4-3 sets is David Harris will be UTTERLY exposed in a 4-3.

MY DE/OLB list is:

1. Mingo
2. Ansah
3. Jordan

I like Jordan, i just think he's more of a LB and less of a pass-rusher
JetFanSince85

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaron Maybn added weight and was rendered useless last year. Some people just can't add weight without without losing their burst Mingo looked super fluid as did Jordan. Both improved their stock today.

Mayock suggests that people have fallen in love with Ziggu after today. Some people may now rate him the best DE/OLB.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 27 of 33

Jump to: