Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Combine Discussion Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NewYorkJetsFan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: 2013 NFL Combine Discussion Thread Reply with quote

Figured we could keep all of the discussion about the combine here so it's easier to keep track of.

Schedule: http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2013/2/20/4009090/2013-nfl-combine-full-schedule-from-february-20-26[/img]

I'm looking forward to seeing how guys like Dion Jordan, Cordarelle Patterson and Geno Smith do

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm pretty much going to be watching everyone in our needed positions.

I am interested in seeing how C.Patterson, Escobar, Dion Jordan, Moore, Okafor, Deandre Hopkins, Ansah(How he looks in open space), Tank Carradine, Rambo, Ried, and P.Thomas, and Swearinger do.

Since Keenan Allen is not participating, Patterson has the chance to take over and be the #1 WR taken off the board.

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:

I am interested in seeing how C.Patterson, Escobar, Dion Jordan, Moore, Okafor, Deandre Hopkins, Ansah(How he looks in open space), Tank Carradine, Rambo, Ried, and P.Thomas, and Swearinger do.

Since Keenan Allen is not participating, Patterson has the chance to take over and be the #1 WR taken off the board.

I know I am stubborn sob but Patterson has no challenge for number one WR at all. Allen? oh please!

I hope Hopkins struggles at the combine so we can get him in 2nd round because I am not comfortable with Bailey's potential availability for 2nd round if we don't draft a wr in the 1st round.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietjetsket wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

I know I am stubborn sob but Patterson has no challenge for number one WR at all. Allen? oh please!

I hope Hopkins struggles at the combine so we can get him in 2nd round because I am not comfortable with Bailey's potential availability for 2nd round if we don't draft a wr in the 1st round.

A lot of draft boards still have Allen as #1 . I'm not going by personal opinion with that one.

I hope we do go WR or RB in the 2nd.

Quote:
rampantjet

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't see how anyone can watch tape and put Allen above Patterson
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allen completed the 2 year ago season with 98 catches and 1300 receiving yards. Has been starting WR for 2 years. Patterson was 2nd WR in his only one season with Vols. That's why.

After the combine, Patterson should be clear cut number one on many draft boards.
MoLewis57

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietjetsket wrote:
Allen completed the 2 year ago season with 98 catches and 1300 receiving yards. Has been starting WR for 2 years. Patterson was 2nd WR in his only one season with Vols. That's why.

After the combine, Patterson should be clear cut number one on many draft boards.

Yea man be is on mine for Wr
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hypothetically....

IF Dion Jordan struggles mightily at the combine as a pass rusher and there is a sense that he won't cut out as a defensive player in NFL then should we take him in 4th round and convert him back to Tight End.
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarvis Jones passes on workout?

It does not matter because I don't want to lick.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietjetsket wrote:
Hypothetically....

IF Dion Jordan struggles mightily at the combine as a pass rusher and there is a sense that he won't cut out as a defensive player in NFL then should we take him in 4th round and convert him back to Tight End.

That would be a huge drop. If all of the good options are gone, then I guess we could consider it. Depends on how many wholes we still have by draft time & his 40time. At 6'7, he could be a redzone threat. Treat him like Jimmy Graham.

But I would be shocked if Jordan had a bad combine. He just has to show his ability to move in open space, run a good 40, and have a solid number of bench presses. I want to see him vertical jump.

Quote:
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
quietjetsket wrote:
Hypothetically....

That would be a huge drop. If all of the good options are gone, then I guess we could consider it. Depends on how many wholes we still have by draft time & his 40time. At 6'7, he could be a redzone threat. Treat him like Jimmy Graham.

But I would be shocked if Jordan had a bad combine. He just has to show his ability to move in open space, run a good 40, and have a solid number of bench presses. I want to see him vertical jump.

Bench press? He must be full healthy now?

Hell yes, he is our Jimmy Graham but the problem is he has not absorbed physical impact from defensive players so it may take a while for him to get comfortable with TE in NFL.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietjetsket wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
quietjetsket wrote:
Hypothetically....

Bench press? He must be full healthy now?

Hell yes, he is our Jimmy Graham but the problem is he has not absorbed physical impact from defensive players so it may take a while for him to get comfortable with TE in NFL.

I have no clue if he is suppose to BP or not. I forgot about his injury.

That's true, but Graham only played one year of college football and didn't face a real injury until last season (Ankle). So I'm sure getting use to the contact won't be a huge problem, but we won't know until he gets out there.

Quote:
jetskid007

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Dion Jordan talk is baffling Laughing

The guy I'm interested in watching is Tyler Bray. Apparently he's gained 24 lbs since the season has ended... he weighed in at 6'6", 232 lb.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though he had a terrible season, I'll still watch Knile Davis. I think he is going to kill it bench press and 40time wise. I think he can run well behind a ZBS.

Now that we will go back to ZBS, I think there are a lot of RB's in this draft that can fit. Mike Gillislee is one of them

Quote:
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
Even though he had a terrible season, I'll still watch Knile Davis. I think he is going to kill it bench press and 40time wise. I think he can run well behind a ZBS.

Now that we will go back to ZBS, I think there are a lot of RB's in this draft that can fit. Mike Gillislee is one of them

I have yet to find the evidence that Jets will go back to ZBS.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 1 of 33

Jump to: